DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Arihant Roy

Country flag
If DRDO is taking Aster 30 as a benchmark then this missile will be of comparable dimensions to Harak-8 but with that booster. Also 8 missiles can be carried on each TEL.

SM-3 as a missile has a slant range of 1600 km. A huge range for such a compact missile in that weight class. I am talking of the SM-3 block -1 A .
SM-3 block IIA will have a even higher range and engagement envelope. It is infact a whole new missile.

Bajirao

Country flag
LRTR series is different

VLRTR is the successor of LRTR series ( 2 deployed or in process of deployment )

IMO LRR is the successor of VLRTR ( or both could be the same thing or same thing with some differences or totally different )

I have no idea on how LRR is going to be different from LRTR 3. It will definitely be more powerful and capable.
Lrtr a ballistic missile survillence radar on the other hand lrr probably a generel purpose radar or, maybe a low frequency anti stealth radar

Karthi

Country flag
These LRTR & VLRTR will be very helpful to thwart Chinese SRBM attacks which they have more than 1000. Long Range Tracking Radar can detect 0.1 m RCS targets at 1500 Km, a typical warhead of DF 17 has an RCS of 0.6m(Calculated using Softwares) that means Indian BMD can easily detect and can intercept any Chinese SRBM , MRBM warheads.

Very Long Range Tracking Radar VLRTR has a range of more than 2000 KM. Two such systems are already inducted.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Could you pls send me the info link on DRDO DIRCM. Israeli C-Magic is meant for the Indian LCH, Rudra etc
I have only the picture , no other info link , click on the post below

View attachment 59724

So this clears doubts on whether DIRCM was ever tested with ALH or not.

Most probably IAF / IA didn't opt for it.

Let's see if IAF / IA is their usual short sightedness acquires LCH without DIRCMs. DIRCM is a must for fool proof protection of attack helicopters against manpads encountered at low altitudes especially in mountainous regions.

porky_kicker

Country flag
I probably missed old discussion regarding AD1, AD2 so plz forgive me if you have to repeat it

Are these missile still in late design phase or already test launch has been done ?
No idea on status , drdo regularly obscures status and flight tests of its missiles.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Watched the entire program. Some important points from the webinar are as follows-

1. User trials of AAD and PDV have been completed. File is with GOI and once approval is obtained ,system will be operationally deployed.( my two cents- AAD and PDV are already deployed in NCR)

2. AD-1 ,AD-2 will be ready in 2-3 years. That's a very short period of time considering the fact that neither missile has been tested even once.

3. DRDO is working on a next gen interceptor for intercepting Hgv class targets. This missile will have high lateral acceleration capabilities and very high speeds.

4. Asat missile is itself a potent mid course interceptor which can protect a large geographical area. I had earlier talked about its actual capabilities in a post and also detailed upon how asat is our very own GBI .

5. A well oiled and proven architecture of early warning ,tracking and engagement radars as well as their associated C4I exists . ( Launch control centred and mission control centres) All the radars have proven themselves repeatedly over various ballistic missile defense tests. The pinnacle achieve ment was the ASAT test.

6. AD-1 is a low cost high production volume missile that can also be deployed to prrotect tactical military installations like ammo dumps,Fuel and spares depots , airbases ,marshalling yards, etc. Since AD-1 is being compared to Aster 30 ,its in the same class as the Barak-8 ER and 9M96e2 missiles . The only difference being it has been designed from the outset with 1500 km range class ballistic missiles in mind.

7. Regarding the 40 km range of AAD and 20 km for PAC-3 ,these are engagement ranges against ballistic missiles. People may be wondering how can such a large missile have such a small range.

porky_kicker

Country flag
These LRTR & VLRTR will be very helpful to thwart Chinese SRBM attacks which they have more than 1000. Long Range Tracking Radar can detect 0.1 m RCS targets at 1500 Km, a typical warhead of DF 17 has an RCS of 0.6m(Calculated using Softwares) that means Indian BMD can easily detect and can intercept any Chinese SRBM , MRBM warheads.

Very Long Range Tracking Radar VLRTR has a range of more than 2000 KM. Two such systems are already inducted.
Cropped out section of information from an old source which will change your range estimate.....

Ad9.38.49.jpg

Karthi

Country flag
Optical Target Locater.jpg

Optical Target Locater LASTEC

Panchi 4.jpg

Panchi 1.jpg
Panchi 2.jpg

Panchi UAV.

Expendable Decoys of Maareech Torpedo System.jpg

Expendable Decoys of Maareech Torpedo System

Hand-held Explosive Detection System.jpg

Hand-held Explosive Detection System

DRDO.jpg

Kaveri Engine support systems.

Posting these pictures before deleting . 1000s of pictures are in my HDD collected over the years .

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
View attachment 59848

Optical Target Locater LASTEC

View attachment 59851
View attachment 59849View attachment 59850

Panchi UAV.

View attachment 59852

Expendable Decoys of Maareech Torpedo System

View attachment 59853

Hand-held Explosive Detection System

View attachment 59854

Kaveri Engine support systems.

Posting these pictures before deleting . 1000s of pictures are in my HDD collected over the years .
Why don't you put them in Google drive...
Also. You can post here.......first post here then delete ....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles