DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
It could work just fine if the feed system can be laid horizontally.
Yes and that needs innovative THOUGHT process to begin with, which unfortunately OFB doesn't seem to possess. They simply took the CIWS from ship and installed it as it is on a truck.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Talk by Dr. Amit Kumar, Advanced System lab, DRDO from 19:30 onwards.

Some points :

1) PDV, AD-2, Shakti to intercept missiles in their trajectory's mid course phase. AD-1 and AD-2 to intercept missiles in their trajectory's terminal phase.
2) Process of engaging incoming ballistic missiles.
3) Indian BMD elements.
4) Indian Interceptor missiles (PDV, AAD) and their comparision with other systems.
5) AD-1, AD-2
6) Talks in somewhat detail about Mission Shakti.
7) Talks about Hypersonic glide vehicles.

@sayareakd remember the point 1 which we discussed back in 2014/15 itself if I am not wrong? :cool3:

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Final iteration of AD-1 & AD-2 interceptor

View attachment 59778
The final iterations of AD-1 and AD-2 are completely different to the initial renderings .
How can the designs change such radically?

The initial ones were more like PDV variants mounted atop a solid booster. These look like all new missile rounds .

The AD-2 is our own analogy to the American GBI from Boeing. A dedicated mid phase interceptor missile.

In an interview of Dr Rao I remember him saying that a AD missile will have some capability against BGV. I can't recall whether it was AD-1 or AD-2 .

porky_kicker

Country flag
The final iterations of AD-1 and AD-2 are completely different to the initial renderings .
How can the designs change such radically?

The initial ones were more like PDV variants mounted atop a solid booster. These look like all new missile rounds .

The AD-2 is our own analogy to the American GBI from Boeing. A dedicated mid phase interceptor missile.

In an interview of Dr Rao I remember him saying that a AD missile will have some capability against BGV. I can't recall whether it was AD-1 or AD-2 .
Initial designs are almost 2 decades old , so nothing to suprised with regard to the design changes. Same happened with ASAT . Final design ended up being different.

Tuco

Country flag
Is this company real?
Even I have the same question, how are they testing it. If it's a glide vehicle then it requires to reach a altitude same as current vehicles, that's what my understanding is so it should be using Agni series?

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
we have new radar LRR under development how it is going to be different than LRTR 3.

porky_kicker

Country flag
we have new radar LRR under development how it is going to be different than LRTR 3.
LRTR series is different

VLRTR is the successor of LRTR series ( 2 deployed or in process of deployment )

IMO LRR is the successor of VLRTR ( or both could be the same thing or same thing with some differences or totally different )

I have no idea on how LRR is going to be different from LRTR 3. It will definitely be more powerful and capable.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles