DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
LCH will have them in the same location more or less

Note the patched up area near the EO pod , could be one location for one of the sensors.

View attachment 56351
Are there any plans for such sensors? I haven’t heard a whole lot of talk on them after going through a few sources. Would be interesting to see if there are such plans.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Are there any plans for such sensors? I haven’t heard a whole lot of talk on them after going through a few sources. Would be interesting to see if there are such plans.
LCH IADS (integrated air defence system)

It comprises of

1.LWR laser warning receivers
2.RWR radar warning receivers
3.MAWS missile approach warning receivers
4.DIRCM directed infra red counter measure system
5.CMDS counter measure dispensing system

6149152_upload20179309307_png41eb1ad33ab356d14b706bc30a2b18b5.png

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
LCH IADS (integrated air defence system)

It comprises of

1.LWR laser warning receivers
2.RWR radar warning receivers
3.MAWS missile approach warning receivers
4.DIRCM directed infra red counter measure system
5.CMDS counter measure dispensing system

View attachment 56352
Wow. DIRCM. That’s very very impressive. This is what will make the difference. That’s a good list right there. Interesting to see MIL standard Bus used. I assumed it’s regular CAN standard bus. I was also under the impression that SAAB prociddd the rwr, maws, lwr.

Emperor Kalki

Country flag
Bro what's the point of all this confusion.

Left or right side depends on the orientation of the individual observer with respect to the tank. Reason why this nomenclature should never be used as it creates confusion , reason why in ships it is port and starboard which describes the left and right side of the ship independent of which direction the observer is facing .

View attachment 56348

Loaders side is on the other side of the gunners side ( the portion where the gunners optical port is visible on the tank frontal armour )
Then what's the problem. That part you asked for are blow off panels.🤷🏻‍♂️
And in the case of tanks left and right is said as your left or right when you are seated, front facing, inside the tank, like if you are the gunner........AFAIK 🤷🏻‍♂️
That's why i said "left side".
And when the image was inverted, i thought the other side was the loader side. That's all.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

* Uttam radar raring to go * Def Min's reporter role * Tapas on SATCOM mode * Philosophical Aviator * Unsung DRDO Lab * Mentor Parrikar * Your Take
bro what is the status of drdo developed medium and long range electro optical pods.

Tuco

Country flag
Guys how far is the world realizing its first tank killing gun. Something that can fire a sabot round. 10~20 years away? If at all it materializes I think it will be miniaturized EM gun.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
My question.
why in LCH we have bent wings and not straight as in cobra or Apache?
Answer is in one of the interviews given by LCH chief test pilot Wg. Cdr.(R) Unni Pillai, can’t remember which one. is available on YouTube, probably writetake’s interview.

Ultramarine

Country flag
My question.
why in LCH we have bent wings and not straight as in cobra or Apache?
That's an anhedral wing. It improves lift to a certain extent and also prevents helicopters from rolling at higher speeds. The Mi-35 that we have also has these wings.

Some planes too have it like the Harrier and the F-16(Tail wings) ostensibly to improve their maneuverability at higher AoA.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles