DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
That's the challenge.
NGARM has dual pulse with just 140kg weight but length is 5.5 meter.

Astra length is 3.5 meter now . So motors will need to be miniaturized and more efficient propellent used to keep dimensions almost same.
Why not use a booster?.. You sure that's not a concept of Astra 2? I couldn't find the source anymore.

porky_kicker

Country flag
They just tested it from Rudra, intergration with LCH will take time.

BTW @porky_kicker @Karthi @Chinmoy @Shaitan
Is this Astra Mark2?.. Sure looks like Mark1 with booster. View attachment 52566
No it is not astra 2

I have already posted CFD pics of astra 2 , it has fore fins.

Mid body fins are absent .

And the missile in the pic is not similar to astra 1 . How is it similar ? I fail to see any similarities at all .

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
And the missile in the pic is not similar to astra 1 . How is it similar ? I fail to see any similarities at all .
You don't?.. Fore part looks pretty much alike to me.
1594448615048_IMG_20200711_114706.jpg
IMG_20200711_210239.jpg

Could it be a modified version for SAM as @IndianHawk said? Anything you know of?
(I have no clue what it is. Found on Facebook)

porky_kicker

Country flag

View attachment 52598
Yeah I maintain there is no similarities

Astra 1 is sleeker , the other one is stubbier ( minus the booster )

Astra 1 mid wings are positioned further away from the rear , in the unknown missile it is closer .

Astra 1 mid wings are " clipped delta " configuration . In the unknown missile the mid wings are " elongated trapezoidal " configuration and shorter in height.

In astra 1 the mid wings are fixed , part of the main missile fuselage itself , in the unknown missile it is hinged and not part of main missile fuselage.

In astra 1 the strakes are thinner and longer in the rear unlike in the unknown missile

The nose shape of astra 1 is a cone while the unknown missile nose is an ogive

In astra 1 the rear fins are pivoted at a single point ( so the fins can rotate axially ) , in the unknown missiles the rear fins definitely not pivoted at a single attachment point

Last edited:

BangaliBabu

Country flag
View attachment 52598

Could it be a modified version for SAM as @IndianHawk said? Anything you know of?
(I have no clue what it is. Found on Facebook)
Render looks a SeaSparrow Missile look-alike. Well, it would be in reality if such a missile is in the works.....

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
An indigenous Digital Audio Control System (DACS) has already been incorporated into HAL's LCH It will reduce the Pilot’s burden by efficiently minimizing the controls, interfacing all the signals logically.
Functions: 1. Intercommunication b/w Flight Crew and Ground Crew. 2. Interface and control of mike and headset audio signals of various transceivers. 3. The interface of warning signals. 4. Interface to the Cockpit Voice Recorder and Voice Data

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The Indigenous Ship launch system (SLS) for the launch of BMD interceptors, manufactured by a Pune based firm Electropneumatics & Hydraulics PVT. LTD. Possible current application

DRDO Floating Test Range( AD-1 & AD-2 Tests )

Phase 2 BMD can intercept BMs at 5000km range.

Made of special grade steel

The canister is articulated from 0° to 90(horizontal to vertical) within 120 secs.

Complete in-house manufacturing of mechanical, hydraulics, control system and software.

EcoXN-gUwAAnEI1.jpeg

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
DRDO Command Information and Decision Support System (CIDSS) It is the nucleus and hub center of the Tactical C3I System and is primarily meant for Collecting, Filtering, Processing, Formatting and Displaying Operational, Intelligence and logistics information for the Commanders at all levels in a field force to enable them to assess the battlefield scenario and to take appropriate decisions. CIDSS is a Tactical WADN formed by interconnecting LAN nodes spread over a Corps Zone comprising of 1 Corps, 3 Divisions, 9 Brigades and 27 Battalion.
Ecp9FQ9U0AYzyiE.jpeg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles