DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag

EbuS-d_XgAQaejE.jpeg

The above pod when I first posted its pic and info here , I withheld some information on the same.

That the said pod is meant for use by Rustom 2 and other UAVs along with fighter aircrafts if required.

The pods will be underslung beneath the wings of Rustom 2 on either side.

Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
during the stand off. i am hearing lot of missiles, bombs, plane being imported right now. but where are we with our home products? are we increasing production lines?

Akula

Country flag
during the stand off. i am hearing lot of missiles, bombs, plane being imported right now. but where are we with our home products? are we increasing production lines?
My thoughts are also same. This should be our last time. Everytime situation escalate on borders our focus is more on importing rather than buying within India.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
My thoughts are also same. This should be our last time. Every-time situation escalate on borders our focus is more on importing rather than buying within India.
true, at-least should produce our own LGB bombs, arti shells, glide bombs, missiles for pinaka, our own radars and may be try to get half squadron of tejas by year end.

ladder

Country flag
My thoughts are also same. This should be our last time. Everytime situation escalate on borders our focus is more on importing rather than buying within India.
We don't have much spare capacity. Kalyani/Bharat Forge et al. Who provide us in emergency do so by diverting their workforce for that job. That affects their regular commitments.
Currently what we are doing is buying from stocks of foreign army or from producers who can provide quickly.

What we can do in future is to increase our holdings in future. But it is easier said than done. We just had recently completed 10I ( 10 days intense war) stocks. Our holdings of ammunition and spares previously was less than that. But, some media is reporting that, few items are critically short in those holding also.

We have to create spare capacity. Monopoly of OFB has to end and they need to compete to get orders.

Other issues like quality and piecemeal orders too affect the capacity creation. Then, also there is an issue of the purchase of non-headline grabbing and non glamorous products.

VCoAS has been provided with some financial power and that needs to increase. And the financial power has to be deligated further down to divisional commanders.

Last edited:

Tuco

Country flag
Haven't they said, that they will develop it only if orders are given?
No they were developing it as R&D project I think. It could be used in NGMBT too, but not sure what they are doing with it.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
No they were developing it as R&D project I think. It could be used in NGMBT too, but not sure what they are doing with it.
Ngmbt will be a lighter tank than Arjun....so doesn't require a 1500 hp engine

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles