DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
China deployed S400 near LAC , How can we defeat S400 . I think Samyuktha EW system can jam the S400 Radar but the range of Samyuktha is very low but we can use Samyuktha as a direction finder to spot S400 Radar . In my opinion we only have limited resources to counter S400. Brahmos air launched version , Shaurya Hypersonic Missile , NG ARM. S400 may have SR SAMs to protect itself from Attacks so NH ARM will not be able to destroy S400 . Brahmos can be jammed by S400 but still using BN it's INS and Kinetic energy Brahmos may be able to hit S400 . Shaurya can surely penetrate Protective umbrella but CEP is low.

@Bleh @IndianHawk @porky_kicker what you think about it . Destroying their networking is very important for us , taking out the layers defence system is certainly difficult I won't think any Aircraft in our history inventory including Rafale may not be able to do so .

Samyuktha can be used to jam intruding Chinese Aircrafts , Does China have anything to counter Samyuktha.
One option is to fly low , below the radar horizon and minimum engagement range/altitude . Use terrain hugging flight path to close in and hit them with appropriate weapons at reasonable standoff distances

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Tender for
refurbishment of igla 1m msls qty 1000 of vintage 1989 & 1990...
Bdw a good decision I believe... refurbishment will reduce the cost....performance will improve....
And importantly this refurbishment will be done by an Indian company

Sanatani

Country flag
Can the Indian government give funds to some small or midsize new defense manufacturing units to come out with indigneous products. Any help of around 10 crs will be enough initially for our hard working and intelligent ppl to come out with something substantial.

Sanatani

Country flag
I remember visiting a startup exhibition ,where one particular startup had come up with drones which could be used for a number of jobs. Three young engineers made it. They had received funds of around 80 Lakhs. If those kind of startups are encouraged things will move really quick .

porky_kicker

Country flag
@LurkerBaba

@Indx TechStyle

Why don't we use our twitter handle to post information , being posted here on a daily basis ?

Other people take information posted here without giving any credit and post them on twitter .

It will increase dfi visibility and importantly credit will be given to guys who deserve it . Hard work of many of our posters going waste due to copying by others.

I recommend we appoint 2 or more guys to regular post information from here on dfi twitter handle

If you want
I can recommend good people who will do a good job.

Akula

Country flag
@LurkerBaba

@Indx TechStyle

Why do we use our twitter handle to post information , being posted here on a daily basis ?

Other people take information posted here without giving any credit and post them on twitter .

It will increase dfi visibility and importantly credit will be given to guys who deserve it .

I recommend we appoint 2 or more guys to regular post information from here on dfi twitter handle

I can recommend good people who will do a good job
I have seen pictures posted by you in this thread, on FB pages without giving credit.

Karthi

Country flag
@LurkerBaba

@Indx TechStyle

Why don't we use our twitter handle to post information , being posted here on a daily basis ?

It will increase dfi visibility and importantly credit will be given to guys who deserve it .

If you want
It would be helpful to people , and we need to spread awareness in people and motivate them to do research on techs . A FB page may give more popularity .

I am defence enthusiast from childhood , in my higher education times I have almost lost my hobby of collecting technologies related information , oneday I saw a FB defence page and returned to my real interest , contribute to our nation with our limited resources.

porky_kicker

Country flag
I have seen pictures posted by you in this thread, on FB pages without giving credit.
Let me clarify
I don't mind them ( individuals ) , those on Facebook Twitter , they are defence enthusiasts , guys like me. They are foot soldiers like me , unorganised . I fully support them.

My only point is dfi should have a more visible twitter handle and reflect the information being collected here and work being done here.

More handles spreading awareness on defence matters will do good for the country

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
@LurkerBaba

@Indx TechStyle

It will increase dfi visibility and importantly credit will be given to guys who deserve it . Hard work of many of our posters going waste due to copying by others.

If you want
I'll be more than happy to delegate this. Send me a DM if you or others are interested

tharun

Patriot
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles