DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
If corgo planes can be converted into bombers than argument for bombers is weaker ? No?

Also if that new missile weights under 2.5 ton which I guess it will then our su30 can carry it and launch from extended ranges.
Talking of first point, how do you suppose to launch a couple of BRAHMOS or Nirbhay from a Cargo Plane?
In 1971 we did used Dakota for bombing raids. But do think we could do the same for say a couple of Spice or SAAW now?

This particular weapon is big enough for a bomber to carry and so a C-130 has been modified to carry it. So talking about Su-30 to carry even one such missile is not at all logical.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
MKU's network-centric integrated combat system for soldiers (NICS)
MKU many NICS proprietary products
i.e Jaguar 14 lightweight monocular night vision device is mounted via a bolt-free Multi-Accessory Connector System (MACS) on a Mukut advanced combat helmet.
View attachment 49384
🔸Quick-release Custom and Integrated Body Armour (CIBA) body armour is at the centre of the sys, as cables for various devices are embedded within the vest.
🔸Underneath it is an Equivital HMS that allows commanders to monitor the vital signs n even d motion of their soldiers.
View attachment 49385
I know two niggas who will be happy to see this.

@abingdonboy @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Tuco

Country flag
Cargo Launched Explosive Air Vehicle for Extended Range.

Not basically developed for C-130, but could be launched by any cargo plane. But people here think that bomber for us is a waste. 😏
10 of these networked wolves hunting and clobbering enemy bases. What a sight it would be. I think Brahmos has something similar.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Talking of first point, how do you suppose to launch a couple of BRAHMOS or Nirbhay from a Cargo Plane?
In 1971 we did used Dakota for bombing raids. But do think we could do the same for say a couple of Spice or SAAW now?

This particular weapon is big enough for a bomber to carry and so a C-130 has been modified to carry it. So talking about Su-30 to carry even one such missile is not at all logical.
Isn't that the point of corgo launched missiles that they can be added to corgo plane payload bay?

If this perticular weapon needs modifications in c130 than it will need modifications in corgo planes making the whole corgo launched plan mute!

If nirbhay max range was supposed to be 2000km . If it reached that we could launch it from our mainland and naval boats to Chinese industrial areas directly.

Much like how Russian launched kalbir into Syria not through a bomber but missile boats.

And su30 carrying a 2.5 ton missile wasn't logical either untill we did it. Anyway bramhos ng will weight 1500kg and could be launched by all indian jets as well as p8i !!

I'm not against bombers. But I enjoy looking at alternative scenario too.

Tuco

Country flag
Yup USA is going all out to develop new weaponry against china. Lot of it will benefit us too.
Our p8i and c130 could very well use all of these weapon or their export varients.
I don't think they will sell such kind of a weapons, it's a notch lower than strategic weapons but is almost is. It's Moab with intelligence. But we can develop this easily, I mean if we are planning to develop wing man's this should be easier.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Isn't that the point of corgo launched missiles that they can be added to corgo plane payload bay?

If this perticular weapon needs modifications in c130 than it will need modifications in corgo planes making the whole corgo launched plan mute!

If nirbhay max range was supposed to be 2000km . If it reached that we could launch it from our mainland and naval boats to Chinese industrial areas directly.

Much like how Russian launched kalbir into Syria not through a bomber but missile boats.

And su30 carrying a 2.5 ton missile wasn't logical either untill we did it. Anyway bramhos ng will weight 1500kg and could be launched by all indian jets as well as p8i !!

I'm not against bombers. But I enjoy looking at alternative scenario too.
Cargo launched missiles means you can't accommodate it in the bomb bay of a bomber nor carry it on the external hard point. So you modify a normal cargo plane to carry the same. Its just like modifying a C-130 to carry a 105mm cannon and make is AC-130.

Even in Vietnam war US used C-130 to drop Daisy cutters. But it doesn't mean that it could replace a conventional bomber in launching AGM series CMs. US used C-5 to launch BM. But role of a dedicated Bomber is always unique. Even with normal cargos, the cargo hold has to be modified from time to time. These wind of weapons could be considered as a special cargo.

Now in case of a Bomber its not just about launch of weapon. It's about the payload it could carry. In a hypothetical scenario, if we want to engage a fleet with Brahmos, a conventional destroyer launched version would give us a range of 300 km at present, but along with it it would have a constant danger of scanning for subs. But with a bomber, the same Brahmos could be launched from a distance of 400+ km at present. Even the best SAM right now would not be able to cover the distance.
Now one could argue in case of a CAP by enemy's fleet, it would make a bomber vulnerable. Whereas Su-30 could carry out the same activity. But we have to keep it in mind that a Su-30 carrying a BRAHMOS would be equally vulnerable to enemy CAP. Same is the case on a land attack scenario.

A bomber brings versatility o your arsenal and acts as a force multiplier. So even at a cost it surpasses the role of an attack aircraft. There could be debate whether India needs one or not. But saying that Su-30 or M2k could do the job of a bomber is a joke IMO.

But lets discuss it in relevant thread.

porky_kicker

Country flag

See western aholes talking trash using dubious data

Lol LCA started in 1960s , why stop there it started in 1AD 🤣

And as usual as if on notice

A so called singh trying his best to lick white ass .

Idiot doesn't know even know LCA MK2 tenders are out , dhanush is operational etc and yet acts the proverbial court jester

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
I don't think they will sell such kind of a weapons, it's a notch lower than strategic weapons but is almost is. It's Moab with intelligence. But we can develop this easily, I mean if we are planning to develop wing man's this should be easier.
I wasn't talking just about that weapon. They are developing a whole lot more . Many will come to india as they are compatible with p8i , Apache , mh60 etc.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Indian private Firm MKU’S NETWORK CENTRIC INTEGRATED COMBAT SYSTEM (NICS).

Armies across the world are working on incorporating newer technologies and equipment around combat roles, missions and deployments. The Network Centric Integrated Combat System (NICS) has been developed by MKU for soldiers involved in modern day warfare. NICS – The network centric integrated combat system for soldiers, is designed to overcome the challenges faced by the armed forces when modernising the gear of their network centric soldiers. NICS facilitates easy integration of the combat subsystems for effective connectivity and communication with the new & evolving command and control equipment.

NICS can be customised to provide role tailored, mission specific integrated body armour with an electro safe layer. The electro-safe layer integrates and provides PnP (Plug ‘n Play) connectivity to the subsystems and sensors.

like equipment, weapons, wearable technology and power sources mounted onto the combat ensemble. NICS as an integrated concept offers considerable weight reduction while maintaining ergonomics, modularity and interoperability. It offers compatibility with legacy equipment along with new generation equipment being used by soldiers.

It is designed to protect the soldier with minimum weight burden while simultaneously keeping him connected with his team and Command Centre at all times. The integrated body armour with a health monitoring system that not only provides the lightest protection but also enables the combatants to remain connected to their communication and information networks by integrating and connecting all his devices, including hand-held computers and displays, personal radios and battery packs. The combatant becomes an integral part of the communication and information networks in the dynamic and asymmetric combat theatres of today. NICS offers a higher degree of situational awareness and improved vision and survivability quotient. Central to NICS is CIBA having 6th generation armour technology which integrates & connects all the critical components and equipment, required by a connected soldier. The CIBA is complemented with MUKUT advanced combat helmets equipped with MACS and the NETRO range of advanced ‘EO Systems’ from MKU. NICS has capability to amalgamate technologies like GPS, Friend & Foe Tracking, Live Messaging along with host of other complete C2 functionalities.
FB_IMG_1591359859877.jpg

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
If drdo will be anyday able to develop a canister based luncher ,then it will be great
@Bleh @porky_kicker
Though there is no planning......
Akash will be deployed for atleast 20-30 years.....
Akash mk2 will have canister based luncher

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
If drdo will be anyday able to develop a canister based luncher ,then it will be great

Though there is no planning......
Akash will be deployed for atleast 20-30 years.....
Akash mk2 will have canister based luncher
For some reason (that i don't know) short ranged missiles are very often left cannisterless... I doubt the existing Akash will ever be cannisterised. Mark2 maybe, maybe not.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
For some reason (that i don't know) short ranged missiles are very often left cannisterless... I doubt the existing Akash will ever be cannisterised. Mark2 maybe, maybe not.
Mk2 will be canister based
Already discussed in forum
As qrsam is already canister based
Spyder qrsam is already canister based

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Mk2 will be canister based
Already discussed in forum
As qrsam is already canister based
Spyder qrsam is already canister based
Oh ok. Didn't know.

Still I doubt they will spend any more money or effort on Aakash Mark1.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Bhai I knew that..you already posted pictures
But I am asking about any program to develop canister based luncher for akash,,is it feasible
Qrsam is canister based

Akash NG is canister based ( pic of canister is available )

AD 1&2 is canister based

Every new land based missile is canister based

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles