DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
The link that you've given here only shows what products are made by a company, it doesn't talk of anything being in service.
that article is from 2010.

here are some more recent mentions of people who've been in the thick of armoured combat in a desert much more recently.

None of the accounts talk of a tethered cooling system in service.

Here is an account of aircrew using tethered cooling systems available onboard helicopters, which by the way, have far more internal space for moving around than a tank.

This is what it says on here -

"Helicopter pilots and their crews already use aircraft-mounted cooling systems to beat the heat. But while these systems have been shown to improve endurance and performance levels in hot climates, many crewmembers avoid using them because they tend to be inconvenient.

Such onboard cooling devices are equipped with tethers (Same as the DRDO variant) that soldiers need to attach themselves to in order to cool down. But moving around the back of a cramped helicopter on a tether is no easy feat, the researchers said. "

Make of it what you will.. this is the last from me on this.
Using the article or not using it is user's choice. There are many products which has been developed but individuals in armed forces don't generally use them by individual choice. Same is here.

But point is, you can't compare a cooling vest worn by bikers with a active cooling system like this.

Karthi

Country flag
IMG_20200603_181109.jpg
IMG_20200603_181051.jpg

Tombo imaging Atlas

Atlas – EOIRST is most sophisticated long range passive sea skimming device. It features a gamut of Electro Optical sensors for constant & completely passive 360° surveillance and automatic short and long range threat detection from air and sea.

It seamlessly works with high resolution staring array type imaging sensors and provides unprecedented and robust detection and tracking of low elevation, aerial and and surface threats in all weather and illumination conditions.

Integrated with HawkAI deep learning engine its capable of detecting and classifying targets using most advanced video processing as of date.

Combined with constantly scanning long range cooled MWIR thermal imager it generates panoramic images at very long range and can do long range threat detection from anti-ship missiles, fighter aircrafts, drones and fast moving crafts in the sea.

Its a completely passive system with a laser range finder used only when required to get the range to the targets.

Tuco

Country flag
View attachment 49254View attachment 49255

Tombo imaging Atlas

Atlas – EOIRST is most sophisticated long range passive sea skimming device. It features a gamut of Electro Optical sensors for constant & completely passive 360° surveillance and automatic short and long range threat detection from air and sea.

It seamlessly works with high resolution staring array type imaging sensors and provides unprecedented and robust detection and tracking of low elevation, aerial and and surface threats in all weather and illumination conditions.

Integrated with HawkAI deep learning engine its capable of detecting and classifying targets using most advanced video processing as of date.

Combined with constantly scanning long range cooled MWIR thermal imager it generates panoramic images at very long range and can do long range threat detection from anti-ship missiles, fighter aircrafts, drones and fast moving crafts in the sea.

Its a completely passive system with a laser range finder used only when required to get the range to the targets.
Peeche to dekho!

yoggs

Country flag
View attachment 49254View attachment 49255

Tombo imaging Atlas

Looks like been ordered by Navy. Good if ordered.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Holy shit man ! It's in works !

Woah!
That is one unconventional design, just a thought, if that is being designed on the basis of stealth, won't those engines and canards increase rcs?
Look guys I can't confirm it , hence previously I was asking if such program existed

Best take it with a pinch of salt untill we have more concrete and reliable information

yoggs

Country flag
As I said I can't confirm anything , nor am I claiming anything

Best take it with a pinch of salt and move on hopping it comes true.
I am no expert but it looks different than U.S. stealth bombers unlike AMCA which has looks somewhat similar to other 5th Gen fighters. If true than we are following our own design ideas which are different.

Last edited:

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Look guys I can't confirm it , hence previously I was asking if such program existed

Best take it with a pinch of salt untill we have more concrete and reliable information
Where did you get the picture? Is it some DRDO/ADA/HAL/NAL doccument?

porky_kicker

Country flag
Where did you get the picture? Is it some DRDO/ADA/HAL/NAL doccument?
If it had been DRDO/ADA/HAL/NAL , then it would have been confirmed info

I will not mention source , except it is indian source .

As I said let's take it with a pinch of salt and hope it comes true in the future .

Lack of a bomber in IAF / IN orbat is a serious handicap

Let's see what chinmoy says since he said there is some work on the same as per his sources.

yoggs

Country flag

As I said let's take it with a pinch of salt and hope it comes true in the future .

Let's see what chinmoy says since he said there is some work on the same as per his sources.
Just to get an idea, according to you how many years will India take to have a first flight of this bird and years for FOC?
If we are pursuing then Its good that private sector is also involved. May be we have planned to make similar like Tejas mark 1A; outsource and integrate.

If we can make Tejas MWF in time then I will have hope on this bird too.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Just to get an idea, according to you how many years will India take to have a first flight of this bird and years for FOC?
If we are pursuing then Its good that private sector is also involved. May be we have planned to make similar like Tejas mark 1A; outsource and integrate.

If we can make Tejas MWF in time then I will have hope on this bird too.
Bomber should come faster then fighter jets as most probably it will be subsonic and doesn't need to be very maneuverable. But if we are going for stealth bomber then it may take more time.

yoggs

Country flag
Bomber should come faster then fighter jets as most probably it will be subsonic and doesn't need to be very maneuverable. But if we are going for stealth bomber then it may take more time.
What is required for a bomber to be stealthy? Stealth design which is ready. some more next gen radar/electronics and composite material. Will this take time?
Do you think we have basic things with us from Tejas program?

Your views on what more is required to develop a stealth bomber?

IndianHawk

Country flag
What is required for a bomber to be stealthy? Stealth design which is ready. some more next gen radar/electronics and composite material. Will this take time?

Your views on what more is required to develop a stealth bomber?
We have everything to build a stealth bomber. Engine will be imported . But they are bloody costly to both build and operate . That's the main problem.

An stealth bomber will have a very low rcs design which will take more time and money to develop. And testing and maintenance will be costly too.

But amca tech can speed up things.

Obviously stealth bomber needs composite . It needs aesa radar with passive modes and passive sensors .

Nothing much different from what will go into amca.
Infact it's much easier than amca as it doesn't need that speed or manuevrability . Bomber has lot more internal space to fit in everything.

It's just way more costly. That's the main obstacle.

IndianHawk

Country flag

I am certain we will work on bomber only after amca is ready.
So if this is actually in works then I will have to conclude that amca stealth shape and stealth skin are ready. As without them we wouldn't start designing a stealth bomber.

yoggs

Country flag
I am certain we will work on bomber only after amca is ready.
So if this is actually in works then I will have to conclude that amca stealth shape and stealth skin are ready. As without them we wouldn't start designing a stealth bomber.
You may be right.

I personally think Tejas has taught us lot of things in making a fighter plane and hence I said if we can make MWF in time we can say India is doing good in fighter planes.

After AMCA then what do we do? May be Sixth gen plane and advance UAVs but stealth bomber plane seems logical as one step ahead. As @porky_kicker said IN and IAF are void of a bomber.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles