DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Tuco

Country flag
Even if failure they would have announced, they do that for strategic systems so for tactical system I don't think they will hide.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Initially I suspected this was the NASM-MR without the fins and all . Note the nose , its blunt and the configuration of the body , very NASM-SRish.

DRDO sometimes makes printing mistakes.

View attachment 80374

Well time will tell.
NASM-LR (long range)?.. Meant for Teddy maybe... Certainly longer than regular NASM & the booster in that isn't a seperate module, from what I can tell.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Ohh, it has a booster as well, maybe this will be used for XR-SAM...
Xr sam is just a dark horse , no info till date , we will know about it after first test .

@porky_kicker ,in wiki article about vl srsam it was written that 8 missile will be fitted in a single vls , so is it about some uvls or just a shit article of wiki.

Karthi

Country flag
Ohh, it has a booster as well, maybe this will be used for XR-SAM...

Booster is for Accelerating the Missile to reach the desired level for Ramjet to suck in enough Air . Actual product (AAM)may not have this . But I'd DRDO choose SFDR for XR SAM then Most probably this will be an option.
There are rumours that XR SAM is an old project atleast two decades old , I don't know much about that , may be wrong

ladder

Country flag
Booster is for Accelerating the Missile to reach the desired level for Ramjet to suck in enough Air . Actual product (AAM)may not have this . But I'd DRDO choose SFDR for XR SAM then Most probably this will be an option.
There are rumours that XR SAM is an old project atleast two decades old , I don't know much about that , may be wrong
AAM may also have it as not all flight profile of the aircraft might have enough velocity for proper/ required ramming of air at the inlet.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
That means that the work is on for a long time on it or a older version is already in service ?

IndianHawk

Country flag
Xr sam is just a dark horse , no info till date , we will know about it after first test .

@porky_kicker ,in wiki article about vl srsam it was written that 8 missile will be fitted in a single vls , so is it about some uvls or just a shit article of wiki.
XRSAM is coming fast . All the building blocks are in place.

Actually india already has all the building blocks for s400 type system but testing takes time hence we bought s400 outright.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles