DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

vishnugupt

Country flag
According to a report iaf and navy considering to procure a fighter together.....
It might be Rafale or f18
Bdw f18 is more capable naval fighter (hvtiaf said)
But Rafale is better than f18 in airforce perspective....
Again Rafale has more chance as it is already present in iaf ....so it will preferred

I believe it will be 36 (iaf) + 18(navy) Rafale
And a mix fleet of Rafale and mig29 will be a wiser fleet on ins Vikramaditya and vikrant
Armed forces are as usual busy in import planning while Tejas mk1a, LCH, Arjun mk1a, HTT40, naval Dhruv, Nag, ATGM, and many more weapons are awaiting orders but our Armed forces are not uttering a word.
priorities.....

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
I have seen seen ww2 flak gun system. It could be effective against swarm drone. Basically it's debris in the sky.
Flak gun will be a very cost-effective solution in countering swarm drone systems. The versatile 88mm cannon was Germany’s main heavy antiaircraft—or “flak”—gun during World War II. When an 88mm projectile exploded at altitude, it sent out jagged metal fragments that tore through nearby aircraft. It also left a characteristic black cloud hanging in the sky.
Also, to be used in a modern setting, it has to be networked with radar and have modern FCS.
However, just like other AA guns it is limited by range and altitude.

Though costly, the ideal solution would be to combine DRDO anti-drone soft-kill system + OFB/L&T developed AK-630 based CIWS + LASTEC developed laser system for hard-kill.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Armed forces are as usual busy in import planning while Tejas mk1a, LCH, Arjun mk1a, HTT40, naval Dhruv, Nag, ATGM, and many more weapons are awaiting orders but our Armed forces are not uttering a word.
priorities.....
Lch is not ready yet.... technically...some more subsystems going to be tested...still the 15 lsp deal should have done
Tejas mk1a a done deal

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
A source said, “The Mark 1-A includes an improved gunner’s main sight, integrated with automatic target tracking. This would enable the tank crew to track moving targets automatically, and engage them even when Arjun tank is on the move.”

porky_kicker

Country flag
Bro don't know exactly.....
The last time lch was in Leh.......for armoured cockpit test....
The EW / CMD / IR jammer etc is yet to be integrated , in a recent hal video , they mentioned it is due to validation .

I don't understand why hal has not validated it yet on the 4 lch prototypes.
What are they waiting for . The LSP version is also missing them.

Wish someone would ask them on their twitter handle.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
The EW / CMD / IR jammer etc is yet to be integrated , in a recent hal video , they mentioned it is due to validation .

I don't understand why hal has not validated it yet on the 4 lch prototypes.
What are they waiting for . The LSP version is also missing them.

Wish someone would ask them on their twitter handle.
Bro ew/ cmd / ir jammer integration won't be a problem ..as already done with rudra ...
I Heard some more tests will be done for some subsystem s
Again in a recent video unnipillai said they will integrate any atgm asked my defence forces

porky_kicker

Country flag
Bro ew/ cmd / ir jammer integration won't be a problem ..as already done with rudra ...
Again in a recent video unnipillai said they will integrate any atgm asked my defence forces
It will not be that easy , rudra is a different heli , lch is different . Considerable aerodynamic studies will be required with the different configuration of the sensors. Plus optimal coverage studies will need to be done , plus studies to ensure non interference with lch RCS etc .

If it was not much of a deal , lch by now would have been flying with the sensors , atleast the dummy ones to validate the same.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
I can't recall which interview but I vividly remember the person being interviewed saying that work is going on integrating an IR jammer with HAL Rudra. Now whether it's a flash type lamp or a state of the art DIRCM hasn't been said but I reckon it will be the later since we already have maws to cue the DIRCM turret .

Wait I have remembered . It was an interview of ShriArup Chatterjee who is the Director of R&D in HAL .

Tridev123

Country flag
Land based prototype of DRDO AIP

View attachment 69517
Extremely important for the future enhanced performance of our conventional submarine force.
A Force multiplier.

Bit disappointing that the Pak navy is ahead of us and already operates AIP equipped French Agosta class submarines. But I believe our Phosphoric Acid AIP is better than the system installed on Pak subs.

Hope we are also carrying out research on Lithium ion battery based AIP.
The Japanese already have a working, operational system on their Soryu class submarines.
More efficient than other comparable systems.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Extremely important for the future enhanced performance of our conventional submarine force.
A Force multiplier.

Bit disappointing that the Pak navy is ahead of us and already operates AIP equipped French Agosta class submarines. But I believe our Phosphoric Acid AIP is better than the system installed on Pak subs.

Hope we are also carrying out research on Lithium ion battery based AIP.
The Japanese already have a working, operational system on their Soryu class submarines.
More efficient than other comparable systems.
There is vast difference between using a imported system and developing one.

Any advantage will dry up once own system comes up.

Hence let the local AIP end up first in our submarines .

Also we need to start developing our own conventional submarines before thinking of lithium ion batteries . Meanwhile R&D must continue on the same.

As I say there is a progression to technology. Cannot jump it by looking at what others are doing . Must follow the learning curve.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Bdw I personally believe that trial is a longer one . As many subsystems of arjun was also transported with arjun

Tridev123

Country flag
There is vast difference between using a imported system and developing one.

Any advantage will dry up once own system comes up.

Hence let the local AIP end up first in our submarines .

Also we need to start developing our own conventional submarines before thinking of lithium ion batteries . Meanwhile R&D must continue on the same.

As I say there is a progression to technology. Cannot jump it by looking at what others are doing . Must follow the learning curve.
Yes, any indigenously developed system will have obvious advantages.
Easy Servicing and periodic upgrades will be possible.
IPR stays with us.

The Pak Navy did zilch as regards the Mesma AIP installed by the French on the Agosta subs.

I believe the Chinese AIP also traces its origin to Swedish Sterling AIP technology.

Can you elaborate on why our development of advanced Lithium ion battery should be held hostage to our planned third stage of submarine building.
Wasn't the original plan - to build 6 P75 subs preferably of Western design and an additional 6 P75i subs of Russian design. And then based on the expertise gained design our indigenous subs 12 nos.

This ambitious plan may take more than a decade to accomplish. Why should our development of Lithium ion technology for submarines wait till our indigenously developed submarines are available.

As regards going through the learning curve fully agree. There are no shortcuts.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Yes, any indigenously developed system will have obvious advantages.
Easy Servicing and periodic upgrades will be possible.
IPR stays with us.

The Pak Navy did zilch as regards the Mesma AIP installed by the French on the Agosta subs.

I believe the Chinese AIP also traces its origin to Swedish Sterling AIP technology.

Can you elaborate on why our development of advanced Lithium ion battery should be held hostage to our planned third stage of submarine building.
Wasn't the original plan - to build 6 P75 subs preferably of Western design and an additional 6 P75i subs of Russian design. And then based on the expertise gained design our indigenous subs 12 nos.

This ambitious plan may take more than a decade to accomplish. Why should our development of Lithium ion technology for submarines wait till our indigenously developed submarines are available.

As regards going through the learning curve fully agree. There are no shortcuts.
On the contrary to your wrong interpretation , I said we must continue R&D on lithium ion batteries

Unless we do work on lithium ion batteries now , it won't be ready when we need it .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles