DRDO and PSU news and discussion

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Older radars ( LRTR & MFCR ) associated with the initial DRDO BMD

View attachment 68517

Now LRTR 3 & upgraded MFCR is part of the latest DRDO BMD.
The initial MFCR had a 450-500 km range . Haven't come across an indigenous substitute of MFCR for the BMD program although it can well be that Thales transferred the tech to BEL as part of Scorpene deal. And we have made our very own MFCR now. Beefed up and customised to our unique needs and requirements .

I am certain about the range. The rest is a logical guess.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Current range of LRTR 3?
If I am not mistaken LRTR is a swordfish radar right? And how different it is to VLRTR?
Very long range tracking radar has a range higher than 3000 km. LRTR 3 has a 2500+km range.
LRTR and it's variants come under the aegis of IAF.

Very long range tracking radar come under the command control of NTRO. They are NTRO assets. Although IAF officers and NCO are on deputation to NTRO to man and operate these radars .

FalconZero

Country flag
Our India Rev.Motherland is the best no_One in the whole world for maintaining discipline peace on this planet...An attempt to have collaboration...is an excellent step for cooperation,love oneness and peace on earth...in this way economy will be stable...and policies also will be stable and calm... prayers day in and out for such a noble purpose....I salute and acknowledge.. this noble step..thankyou Noble Doctors..
Sorry the face was atypo error in the reply
I m thankful to you Sir Aasanil
@ezsasa @LETHALFORCE spam alert

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles