DRDO and PSU news and discussion

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
So guyys Ada is going to test
Rig (a ground based facility) to test with rada r and other subsystems
This will be used to test functionality of radar ,ew system and communication systems of Tejas mk1a.
Rip elta 2052
This set up will be mix of real subsystem s with simulated one ......
To test radar before it's integration with a flying test bed

Bdw I can confirm atleast 2 more uttam aesa are produced

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
From what I least knew, Uttam outperformed 2052 in all parameters at A2A.

But it is struggling at A2G mode in sorting out clutter from targets. Anything on that?
What I know is
Uttam is a roaring success in tests

They are going to test uttam in a rig with all subsystems like ew ., communication systems.... before they finally test on this on aircraft
And this all set-up will have subsystems of Tejas mk1a......
Bdw I am not saying all tests of utttam aesa completed( I will confirm this later)

Killbot

Country flag
So guyys Ada is going to test
Rig (a ground based facility) to test with rada r and other subsystems
This will be used to test functionality of radar ,ew system and communication systems of Tejas mk1a.
Rip elta 2052
Afaik, eltas have been ordered right? Very few though. Can't recall numbers.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
What I know is
Uttam is a roaring success in tests
Not 100% yet.

Try to find something on the A2G. I know some issues were there. Maybe you'll come something I missed. 💁‍♂️

They've still not confirmed Uttam or 2052 for the Mark1A upcoming prototype... So I'm guessing 50:50 chance.

Holy Triad

Country flag
Last edited:

Karthi

Country flag
Not 100% yet.

Try to find something on the A2G. I know some issues were there. Maybe you'll come something I missed. 💁‍♂️

They've still not confirmed Uttam or 2052 for the Mark1A upcoming prototype... So I'm guessing 50:50 chance.
IAF is pretty much interested in integrating UTTAM in MK1A , integration will start whenever IAF ask to do so.

Earlier LRDE said first small scale batch will be produced from 2022. SAR is still under testing software upgradation is frequently happening .

It may find its place in MK1A .

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
IAF is pretty much interested in integrating UTTAM in MK1A , integration will start whenever IAF ask to do so.
IAF will go for whichever available is proven to work, AESA to ATGM... they have no specific interests on desi or Israeli.

2052 was supposed to kick off the 1st Mark1A batch. But now it seems Uttam may be available by 2023 production batch, if not the 2022 prototypes. That's why I'm trying to know if any issues I heard of still remain or were sorted.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles