DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
Not glider may be parachutes
In the pic I put a disclaimer saying it is probable idea .

And yes parachutes is another probable idea , but I kind of doubt it . Unless the missile is capable of releasing the torpedo at low altitudes . Otherwise if rhe missile is only capable of releasing the torpedo at high altitudes , the torpedo deployed via parachute will be at the mercy of the local winds and will be off target by a large margin since no way to guide the parachute.

Tuco

Country flag
In the pic I put a disclaimer saying it is probable idea .

And yes parachutes is another probable idea , but I kind of doubt it . Unless the missile is capable of releasing the torpedo at low altitudes . Otherwise if rhe missile is only capable of releasing the torpedo at high altitudes , the torpedo deployed via parachute will be at the mercy of the local winds and will be off target by a large margin since no way to guide the parachute.
Most probably the missile will not be launched to its max distance, but still since the sub will be moving under water the missile needs a data link to update its drop of zone?

Karthi

Country flag
Most probably the missile will not be launched to its max distance, but still since the sub will be moving under water the missile needs a data link to update its drop of zone?

SMART has two way data link the target information can be relied through Ship , airborne or any other kind of means . It fly St lower altitudes , velocity will be dropped adequately to eject the Torpedoe .

Bajirao

Country flag
Nah bruh. I still don't know how Rudra M2 looks like, but one thing for certain is Rudra M2 weighs only 700kg. SMART vehicle on the other hand is several times heavier. Maybe that wind tunnel missile is a SMART model itself, not Rudra M2.
Most probably rudram 2 will be similar looking as rudram1(ngarm)..

Tuco

Country flag
SMART has two way data link the target information can be relied through Ship , airborne or any other kind of means . It fly St lower altitudes , velocity will be dropped adequately to eject the Torpedoe .
A complex kill chain, all the best for the developers. Navy has to have some confidence in their ability to locate and track subs otherwise they wouldn't have proceeded.

porky_kicker

Country flag
@Indx TechStyle

Please delete the 2 posts containing the 2 pic's I made ( I reported them )

I was looking at another set of SMART pic's and realised the ones which I thought as roll pitch and yaw motor ports could be actually fuking guide blocks used to fit a missile inside a cannister . Resolution was too low in the pic I took as reference.

Last time I am gonna waste my time doing this shit stuff. Too much ambiguity and too low resolution pic's to waste time on .

Chinmoy

Country flag
Distance of horizon from the height of everest is about 360km so P8i line of sight cannot send transmission beyond that if you considering SATCOM then we need a satellite that is hovering above at that particular time, so are we going to wait for the bird to come overhead to start our hunt, I think not. now the diving depth of 600m cannot be achieved by the torpedo fired from 650km away because changing salinity of the sea makes it very difficult for any submarine to be detected at that depth even by sonabuoys. it was just test to check how far a light torpedo an be thrown with the help of a rocket. it will take lot of tech challenges to be overcome before it becomes an actual weapon
We tested the SATCOM capability in 2014.

The torpedo used in SMART is ALT Shyena which is a tried and tested system in IOR. Moreover it is not going to detect sub from air. It would become active only once it hit water. The operational depth of Shyena is 500+ mtrs as per open source.

So it is more of a force multiplier rather then a dedicated ASW weapon.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Hello Soy Sauce:

Breaking: Govt okays induction of nuke-capable Shaurya missile amid Ladakh standoff

The test firing of 4 missiles by DRDO in a month - the fourth will be tested around mid-October - is a message to the country’s adversary that India will not cow down to any coercion, military or diplomatic

:fyeah:

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Really? You have to know that acoustic signature is not fixed, it changes along with temperature, depth, salt, mechanic status, etc, etc. In order to get a certain type submarine's signature, you have to do the following:

1. the capability to follow the submarine through the whole journey;
2. during the journey, keep yourselves close enough to pick continue record of acoustic signature;
3. Get enough number of anti-submarine platforms to track your enemy's submarine activities through the whole year and keep doing so for years.
4. Have a precise ocean bottom map over the territories where your enemy's submarines patrol.

Unless you have a huge anti-submarine network of US which can track the submarine from South China Sea, to pick up a submarine in the most busiest trait (273 ships per day) in the world? You need 2 things:

1. Magic;
2. Luck.
The Chinese have sent many submarine missions in Indian Ocean under the garb anti-piracy mission. Many a times they have been detected and trailed by IN ships.
Also, we do have a huge network of seabed sensors just for this job, on the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea and a precision map of these under sea terrain and topology of these areas.
So don't overhype the Chinese submarine threat. Chinese submarine can bluff the Taiwanese but not India. It will be detected and trailed as soon as it enters the Malacca straits.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Is there any Indian defence website which keeps a list of all missile tests?
If such a thing doesn’t exist, there should be one, isn’t it?
I've got you covered mate

Karthi

Country flag
I leave you a question for you to ponder on

How does a supersonic solid fueled missile drop its velocity during flight ?

There are few methods , Retro rockets , and the composition of propellent can reduce the speed and thrust can be optimised. Little busy so stoping

Chinmoy

Country flag
Originally, you said ,Astra is immature missile??
But your replies is only indicating how IAF is immature. You are not sure about any parameter which could prove "why Astra is a immature missile" but you are throwing random illogical argument in hope sometime will fall in place.
I never said Russian seeker is a shit.
All fantastical trials you are mentioning could have done during user trials or in subsequent year.

All you need is to read your own replies then you will understand how far you have come to justify your own wrong statment. You could have said, IAF need to optimise Astra for better use rather than calling Astra immature.

All you are saying" DRDO is not following your master's foot steps Hence, failed/immature product.
If all the tests are done in user trial, then the missile would have never been ordered. It takes years of active flight trails and tweeking before a missile is said to be mature enough.

A fighter carries a combination of weapon system. So any new weapon system has to be tested in a number of combinations with other weapon system and scenario before it gets validated. These tests are not done during user trial nor in developmental trial.

Even during development Astra has undergone structural change, propellant change, seeker change. The seeker change has taken place after the initial user trial. So how has it matured? The missile itself has got changed from a CCM to BVRAAM. So YES. Its a immature system as of now and would take years before gets mature enough.

Don't be surprised if it undergoes more weight loss and change in seeker before reaching a stage like this.......

Screenshot_20201006-123316.png
Screenshot_20201006-123519.png

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
If all the tests are done in user trial, then the missile would have never been ordered. It takes years of active flight trails and tweeking before a missile is said to be mature enough.

A fighter carries a combination of weapon system. So any new weapon system has to be tested in a number of combinations with other weapon system and scenario before it gets validated. These tests are not done during user trial nor in developmental trial.

Even during development Astra has undergone structural change, propellant change, seeker change. The seeker change has taken place after the initial user trial. So how has it matured? The missile itself has got changed from a CCM to BVRAAM. So YES. Its a immature system as of now and would take years before gets mature enough.

Don't be surprised if it undergoes more weight loss and change in seeker before reaching a stage like this.......

View attachment 61713View attachment 61714

ever heard of computer design software's, simulations and AI?

in the year 1980, people could have agreed with you. but today, with using modern computer softwares, machine learnings and AI assisted simulation programs, the timeframe to design, manufacture, testing etc (or maturity) of missiles or plane can be reduced to matter of months, without modern softwares and AI, the same would take many many years.

Chinmoy

Country flag
ever heard of computer design software's, simulations and AI?

in the year 1980, people could have agreed with you. but today, with using modern computer softwares and AI assisted simulation programs, the timeframe to design, manufacture, testing etc (or maturity) of missiles or plane can be reduced to matter of months, without modern softwares and AI, the same would take many many years.
:facepalm: So IAF would sit with a AI programmer and do a simulated training for a new missile system and design a whole flight scenario and parameter based on it. That's great.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles