DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
View attachment 56688

The original pic above which I posted previously had a mistake which I realised yesterday after coming across new information on Helina .

View attachment 56685

The pic above I have edited to provide the correct information

Helina ATGM has a " FIXED NOZZLE " not a " FLEXIBLE NOZZLE ( TVC ) " .

Unfortunately FIXED NOZZLE doesn't provide any thrust control. So Helina cannot change her trajectory just after launch.

On the contrary Dhruvastra with JVC can change its trajectory just after launch.

Evidence of the same I have embedded in the above pic . Drawing of the nozzle section of Helina. As one can see the nozzle is fixed at the throat and no actuator is visible ( required to implement flexible nozzle )
But Helina it has side-thrusters Nag... Does Dhruvastra not use those?

porky_kicker

Country flag
Ad04.11.jpg

In light of new evidence

It is now confirmed that Helina ATGM has a " FIXED NOZZLE " not a " FLEXIBLE NOZZLE ( TVC ) " as previously suspected.

Unfortunately FIXED NOZZLE doesn't provide any thrust control. So Helina cannot change her trajectory just after launch.

On the contrary Dhruvastra with " JET VANE CONTROL ( JVC ) " can change its trajectory just after launch.

Picture of the Helina rear section shows that the nozzle is fixed at the throat and no actuator is visible ( required to implement flexible nozzle )

porky_kicker

Country flag
http://delhidefencereview.com/2020/...locating-radar/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

So army is buying Swathi-2, which is lighter and has better performance. Mugambo kush hua.
2 versions exists

Mk1 for deserts and plains

Mk2 for mountains

Check the radar knowledge repository , it has the required information

Last edited:

Tuco

Country flag
2 versions exists

Mk2 for mountains

Check the radar repository , it has the required information
So does army has both versions with them? I am asking cause "osint's" were screaming about wlr being used in loc.

Emperor Kalki

Country flag
2 versions exists

Mk2 for mountains

Check the radar knowledge repository , it has the required information

Just curious, saw in this thread that the battery multi function radar operates in x band and sure as hell the posters at expos and all does say GaN based QTRMs, was wondering if it (GaN in the posters) was just about battery surveillance radar, since both are part of qr sam....
Or did actually LRDE make a GaN based x band TRM module because the official site lists GaN TRM only in L, S and C bands and nothing more....
Couldn't find anything in detail about this out there...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles