DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
In respect of Arjun you mean there should be a doctrine of not crossing own obstacles like a Canal on the border and launch any operation across IB because Arjun is a fat ass and adequate class bridge are not there for it to cross the Canal.
And DRDOIf existing Milan can have 200m as minimum range why can not MPATGM have it?
As always, he has no understanding of the technical limitations between different tech used by different generation products asked by the user... or is simply pulling blatant lies out of his ass.

Can you chaps please stop ruining the thread by entertaining this troll! You people are not getting paid.
Just report for misinformation or flamebait & move on.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Army should have its design bureau. DRDO should be technology developer.

A thousand engineer design org under army supervision will go a long way in solving major procurement issues.
I do not not why IN, IAF and IA are so stupid as not to establish their own technological hubs in spite of having such a vast pool of technical manpower available to them. In the Army itself, out of 48000 officers, more than half are engineers - Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Electronics, Electrical. Naval Systems, Aeronautics, including IIT and other premier institution qualified people. So many of them are trained by DIAT for minimum on a year. All of them far better than DODO diploma Scientists and exclusive social justice stalwarts. They all can pass any GATE... let there be a common competitive exam for DRDO scientists and Services technical Officers. Let there be cross-postings. Let us send DODO engineers to make roads in DBO to Tamu - Moreh. And why not...

They all are applied to Combat engineering tasks and purposes which is the ultimate aim they exist for. But some manpower can be pulled out of them who can devote their services into design and development and employ private Industry for production..

The way things are going. I will not be surprised if some Ordinance Factories are taken over by the Army to make their ammunition such as ball cartridges, grenades and cannon ammunition.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
As always, he has no understanding of the technical limitations between different tech used by different generation products asked by the user... or is simply pulling out blatant lies.

Can you chaps please stop ruining the thread by entertaining this troll! You people are not getting paid.
Just report for misinformation or flamebait & move on.
Then let us see your Legal education explaining those technical aspects which is not being understood... it is rather you who is trolling through and through..

What are the technical limitation of IIR seeker or MMW seekers with respect to minimum range.. how is seeker related to minimum range..

Kindly educated what is the minimum range and what is it related to .. propulsion, speed, seeker technology, Control technology or something else..

I am sure you do not which side of the missile is aft.. I know you..

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Then let us see your Legal education explaining those technical aspects which is not being understood... it is rather you who is trolling through and through..
Oh no, everyone understands what I said. My quotes were pointing out examples of how they're trying to explain technicaities against lies & bullshit, not meant to tag you... Here this is better;
In respect of Arjun you mean there should be a doctrine of not crossing own obstacles like a Canal on the border and launch any operation across IB because Arjun is a fat ass and adequate class bridge are not there for it to cross the Canal.
And if existing Milan can have 200m as minimum range why can not MPATGM have it?

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Oh no, everyone understands what I said. My quotes were pointing out examples of how they're trying to explain technicaities against lies & bullshit, not meant to tag you... Here this is better;
It is not the first time you jumped in with an insinuating and insulting manner. You have a habit of doing it and then you become Ranchhordas. Take long pauses to search for a reply on the internet and reappear yet again with some strange unrelated post.

My query to you as always is simple ... please tell the forum what determines minimum range? Which component of missile decides minimum range and why it is so hard to achieve a minumumrange of 200m ?

Is not that a simple question I have asked you and many trolls like you before, But none of you are able to explain why a minimum range of 200m can not be achieved for NAG, Or why a minimum range of 50 to 100 m can not be achieved for MPATGM...

You act not only as a troll but as a bully too. I am very sure of your interest which is very good but also your technical limitations which you try and hide..

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Is not that a simple question I have asked you and many trolls like you before, But none of you are able to explain why a minimum range of 200m can not be achieved for NAG, Or why a minimum range of 50 to 100 m can not be achieved for MPATGM...
No it is pretty simple, a laser-guided system (like Milan) follows the target being painted. So as as it has room to maneuver it can engage a target... But an fire&forget IR system needs to recognise & lock-on a target, which it cannot do within a minimum range.
This is why the SAMHO & CLGM are being 3rd gen platforms.

And again, no I'm not bullying you. I didn't even reply to you.
I'm telling the rest to not waste time trying to address every random bullshit & clog actual info being shared.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
No it is pretty simple, a laser-guided system (like Milan) follows the target being painted. So as as it has room to maneuver it can engage a target... But an fire&forget IR system needs to recognise & lock-on a target, which it cannot do within a minimum range.
This is why the SAMHO & CLGM are being 3rd gen platforms.

And again, no I'm not bullying you. I didn't even reply to you.
I'm telling the rest to not waste time trying to address every random bullshit & clog actual info being shared.
Seeker system has nothing whatsoever to do with minimum range. That is your guesswork and you are maroing satta..

Tell me if during storage is a missile falls down on its nose, will there be a blast> If not then why not? And if yes.. then why ?? A mortar bomb will certainly blast off if uncapped...

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Seeker system has nothing whatsoever to do with minimum range.
More bullshit. It does!.. A proximity-fused tandem warhead not your 1980's 2nd gen ATGM, nor "mortar bomb".

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Bullshit. It absolutely does!.. A proximity-fused tandem warhead not your 1980's 2nd gen ATGM, nor "mortar bomb".
Proximity fuze.. ?? Which world are you in .... do ATGM have proximity fuzes.... ?? Do you know what hollow Charge is and how does it function.. ??

Why do not you answer straight ... whatever I ask you... do not worry I too am not a technician .. so we will learn from each other...

By the way if you try and hoodwink in a court of law like this the judge will put you behind bars.. be careful..

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Proximity fuze.. ?? Which world are you in .... do ATGM have proximity fuzes.... ?? Do you know what hollow Charge is and how does it function.. ??
Here's how proximity fuse works in post 1990 ATGMs. 2nd gen here;

I have demonstrated what I needed to & made my point... Don't need to learn ATGM from "Mr. Hollowcharge Mortarbomb", nor answer to more random bullshit.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Here's how proximity fuse works in post 1990 ATGMs. 2nd gen here;

I have demonstrated what I needed to & made my point... Don't need to learn ATGM from "Mr. Hollowcharge Mortarbomb", nor answer to more random bullshit.
Jabardasti.... where is proximity fuze there ?? It is top attack mode magnetic sensor and laser profilometer fuze.

TOW 2B anti-tank missile
TOW 2B operates in a ‘flyover shoot down’ top attack mode, unlike other versions that are direct attack. It features a dual-mode target sensor designed by Thales (formerly Thomson-Thorn) Missile Electronics, which includes laser profilometer and magnetic sensor, and a new warhead section, produced by Aerojet.

It resembles the TOW 2A but without the extendible probe, and is armed with two explosively formed tantalum penetrator (EFP) warheads. The EFP warheads detonate simultaneously, one pointing downwards, the other slightly offset to give an increased hit probability. The warhead material is designed to generate pyrophoric effects within the damaged target.

Did not I say you a bluff master.. ?? What are you trying to prove.. ???

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
#2019DEV

DRDO
  1. Anti-Satellite Missile
    1. Endo-atmospheric interceptor missile(AAD)
    2. Exo-atmospheric interceptor missile (PDV)
  2. Long Range Surface-to-Surface Ballistic Missile ‘Agni5
  3. Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile ‘Astra’
  4. Long Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LRSAM)
  5. Medium Range Surface-to-Air Missile (MRSAM) for IAF
  6. Third Generation Helicopter Launch Anti-Tank Guided Missile ‘HeliNa’
  7. Anti-Tank Missile ‘PROSPINA’
  8. New Generation Anti-Radiation Missile (NGARM)
  9. Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QRSAM)
  10. Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM)
  11. Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) Technology for Air Launched Tactical Missiles:
  12. Stand-off Anti-Tank (SANT) Guided Missile
  13. Smart Anti Air Field Weapon (SAAW)
  14. Surface-to-Surface Short Range Tactical Ballistic Missile ‘Prahaar’
  15. X Band Seeker
  16. Subsonic Cruise Missile ‘Nirbhay’
  17. Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) ‘TAPAS BH’
  18. Controlled Aerial Delivery System (CADS)
  19. Small Turbo Fan Engine (STFE)
  20. Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System (ATAGS)
  21. Guided Pinaka Rocket System
  22. 125 mm FSAPDS (500 DoP) Ammunition
  23. 105 mm HEEB Ammunition for IFG
  24. 120 mm FSAPDS Mk-II Ammunition
  25. 500 Kg General Purpose Bomb
  26. 500 kg Pre-Formed Fragmentation Bomb
  27. New Family of Munitions (NFMS):
    1. Soft Target Blast Munition ‘NIPUN’,
    2. Anti-Tank Point Attack Munition ‘VIBHAV’,
    3. Anti-Tank Bar Munition ‘VISHAL’,
    4. Directional Fragmentation Munition ‘PARTH’,
    5. AntiTank Influence Munition ‘PRACHAND’ and
    6. Jumping Fragmentation Munition ‘ULKA
  28. Main Battle Tank (MBT) ‘Arjun’: MBT Arjun Mk-II
  29. Arjun Armoured Recovery and Repair Vehicle (Arjun ARRV):
  30. Electric Gun and Turret Drive System (ELEGANT)
  31. Composite Sonar Dome
  32. 46m Military Load Class (MLC-70) Modular Bridge:
  33. Unexploded Ordnance Handling Robot (UXOR)
  34. TRAWL Assembly for T-72/T-90 Tanks
  35. 65 hp Rotary Engine and 180 hp Indigenous UAV Engine
  36. Counter Mine Flail
  37. Wheeled Armour Platform (WhAP)
  38. Advance Light Towed Array Sonar (ALTAS)
  39. USHUS – 2(SONAR)
  40. Portable Diver Detection Sonar (PDDS)
  41. Air-borne Sonar for Coastal Security (ASCS)
  42. Advanced Light Weight Torpedo (ALWT)
  43. Land Based Prototype (LBP) for Air Independent Propulsion (AIP)
  44. Supersonic Missile Assisted Release of Torpedo (SMART)(50-650 KM)
  45. System Definition & Engineering of DRDO AIP System on P-75 Submarines and Development of Deliverable LOX System
  46. Internal EW System for MiG-29 Upgrade Aircraft (D29 System)
  47. Digital Radar Warning Receiver (Dhruti)
  48. Software Defined Radio (SDR)
  49. Digital Tropo Scatter/LOS Communication System for IAF
  50. EW Systems ‘Samudrika’ for Capital Ships, Aircrafts and Helicopters for Indian Navy
  51. Vehicle Mounted ELINT System
  52. Critical Sub-systems for Integrated EW System ‘Samyukta’ (SAMISHTI)
  53. Project HIMRAJ for Indian Air Force(ELINT)
  54. Sights for Corner Shot Weapon System (CSWS)
  55. Athermal Laser Target Designator
  56. Border Surveillance System (BOSS)
  57. Air Defence Fire Control Radar (ADFCR) ‘Atulya’
  58. Air Defence Tactical Control Radar (ADTCR)
  59. Active Electronically Scanned Array Radar (AESAR) ‘Uttam’
  60. Laser Threat Detection & Decoy System for Protection of High Value Assets (LTDDS)
  61. Directed Energy Laser Systems (DELS)
  62. S-band Digital Multimedia Broadcast (DMB) Terminal for Satellite Communication (AMBAR)
  63. Indian Maritime Situational Awareness System (IMSAS)
  64. VerifY Organize Maintain Analyze (VYOMA)
  65. Chaff Cartridges for Defence Application:
  66. Ground based High Power Microwave (HPM) Directed Energy Weapon System
  67. Cold Isostatic Pressing Technology for Manufacture of Fused Silica Radomes for Missile Application
  68. NBC Permeable Suit Mk V
  69. Individual Under Water Breathing Apparatus(t-90)
  70. Integrated Fire Detection & Suppression System (IFDSS)
  71. Army Wargaming Simulation System (SAMAR)
i thought i would update this list for 2020, but DRDO website now have 650+ products listed. gave up.
next best thing, if anybody can recall any new interesting product launched, can add to the list.

JBH22

i thought i would update this list for 2020, but DRDO website now have 650+ products listed. gave up.
next best thing, if anybody can recall any new interesting product launched, can add to the list.
They need to hive off DRDO based on its activities something like Russian did with their industrial complex. Different verticals for missiles, helicopters, aeroplanes etc. But knowing Indian historical lethargy I will be dead before this ever happens.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Going through the list, there two key areas where DRDO has achieved substantial success and they are further reinforcing on those two key areas, Firstly Missiles and Secondly Radar Technology... A lot of further refinement and tackling niche technologies in these areas will take India of the path of atmanirbhrata in those areas. These two are can save a lot of foreign exchange through DRDO products are no way cheap.

A close look at the list does confirm my impression that DRDO has indeed lost focus and touch of tactical systems and tactical efficiency systems like improvement in explosives, fuzes, smart munitions, troop comfort, weapon sights. sensors and integration with WOODA loops, tactical communication,
sniper equipment and ammunition, tactical UAVs, miniaturization, weight reduction, vehicle technology, armor technology, AD Guns and artillery systems.. etc etc.

No one wins a war on missiles and radars only if he loses tactical battles. Shaky feet do not stand on the ground.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Going through the list, there two key areas where DRDO has achieved substantial success and they are further reinforcing on those two key areas, Firstly Missiles and Secondly Radar Technology... A lot of further refinement and tackling niche technologies in these areas will take India of the path of atmanirbhrata in those areas. These two are can save a lot of foreign exchange through DRDO products are no way cheap.

A close look at the list does confirm my impression that DRDO has indeed lost focus and touch of tactical systems and tactical efficiency systems like improvement in explosives, fuzes, smart munitions, troop comfort, weapon sights. sensors and integration with WOODA loops, tactical communication,
sniper equipment and ammunition, tactical UAVs, miniaturization, weight reduction, vehicle technology, armor technology, AD Guns and artillery systems.. etc etc.

No one wins a war on missiles and radars only if he loses tactical battles. Shaky feet do not stand on the ground.
Which list, mine or the one from DRDO website?

cyclops

Country flag
Republic is reporting that Rajnath Singh says India will put an import embargo on 101 items from 2020-24 wrt Aatma Nirbhar Bharat.
DRDO will be heavily involved.
Separate budget for domestic procurement and a target of 4 lakh crore for the same in a period of 6-7 years.

cyclops

Country flag
The Ministry of Defence is now ready for a big push to #AtmanirbharBharat initiative. MoD will introduce import embargo on 101 items beyond given timeline to boost indigenisation of defence production.

Prime Minister Shri
@narendramodi
has given a clarion call for a self-reliant India based on the five pillars, i.e., Economy, Infrastructure, System, Demography & Demand and announced a special economic package for Self-Reliant India named ‘Atamnirbhar Bharat’.

Taking cue from that evocation, the Ministry of Defence has prepared a list of 101 items for which there would be an embargo on the import beyond the timeline indicated against them. This is a big step towards self-reliance in defence. #AtmanirbharBharat

This decision will offer a great opportunity to the Indian defence industry to manufacture the items in the negative list by using their own design and development capabilities or adopting the technologies designed & developed by DRDO to meet the requirements of the Armed Forces.

The list is prepared by MoD after several rounds of consultations with all stakeholders, including the Armed Forces, public & private industry to assess current and future capabilities of the Indian industry for manufacturing various ammunition & equipment within India.

cyclops

Country flag
Almost 260 schemes of such items were contracted by the Tri-Services at an approximate cost of Rs 3.5 lakh crore between April 2015 and August 2020. It is estimated that contracts worth almost Rs 4 lakh crore will be placed upon the domestic industry within the next 6 to 7 years.

Of these, items worth almost Rs 1,30,000 crore each are anticipated for the Army and the Air Force while items worth almost Rs 1,40,000 crore are anticipated by the Navy over the same period. #AtmanirbharBharat

The list also includes, wheeled Armoured Fighting Vehicles (AFVs) with indicative import embargo date of December 2021, of which the Army is expected to contract almost 200 at an approximate cost of over Rs 5,000 crore. #AtmanirbharBharat

The embargo on imports is planned to be progressively implemented between 2020 to 2024. Our aim is to apprise the Indian defence industry about the anticipated requirements of the Armed Forces so that they are better prepared to realise the goal of indigenisation.

All necessary steps would be taken to ensure that timelines for production of equipment as per the Negative Import List are met, which will include a co-ordinated mechanism for hand holding of the industry by the Defence Services.

cyclops

Country flag
More such equipment for import embargo would be identified progressively by the DMA in consultation with all stakeholders. A due note of this will also be made in the DAP to ensure that no item in the negative list is processed for import in the future.

MoD has also bifurcated the capital procurement budget for 2020-21 between domestic and foreign capital procurement routes. A separate budget head has been created with an outlay of nearly Rs 52,000 crore for domestic capital procurement in the current financial year.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles