DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
For the next missile based on nirbhay will be sleeker , lighter than nirbhay,and wili be powered by Manik turbofan engine
And manik is ready
Manik will be used in another important program
nirbhay is not dead right. And in which another program manik will be used.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
For the next missile based on nirbhay will be sleeker , lighter than nirbhay,and wili be powered by Manik turbofan engine
And manik is ready
Please tell me if something else, some other technologies exist to conduct a success battle besides missiles...

Missiles... missiles.. missiles .. is DRDO ... a missile Research Organisation? Even in missiles. all success is claimed in missiles which users generally can not be hundred percent sure.. firing at 20 km to 4000 km... claim whatever you can..

But why is DRDO stuck with a missile that is meant for 2.5 km ?? Because things can be seen very clearly and nothing false can be claimed. Hence it is stuck for last 60 years and all blame is put on the user. It is the most rudimentary and the biggest user requirement in terms of quantity and numbers.

But No.. DRDO wants a missile to be fired at 25 km or 200km and claim whatever it can.. user can not see it with their own eyes and be happy about it.. There is no troop involvement in all those. But at 2.5 km Sepoy Bhoop Singh is the decider if the missile is good or bunkum..

How can a Ph D Scientist H tolerate the loud laugh of Sep Bhoop Singh ..

So it is on drawing board and shall remain there..

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Missiles... missiles.. missiles .. is DRDO ... a missile Research Organisation?
There is not much that can be demanded in a missile, and neither the RFI can be changed again and again so army doesn't have much scope to derial the projects.
Even in missiles. all success is claimed in missiles which users generally can not be hundred percent sure.. firing at 20 km to 4000 km... claim whatever you can..
This is one of the most asinine things said by you.
What is the Qualification of Fat Generails that keep changing RFI to derail Indigenous Project.
so Sep Bhoop Singh wont help PhD scientist but will go to Russia to fill up his pocket and sleep with Natasha.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Please tell me if something else, some other technologies exist to conduct a success battle besides missiles...

Missiles... missiles.. missiles .. is DRDO ... a missile Research Organisation? Even in missiles. all success is claimed in missiles which users generally can not be hundred percent sure.. firing at 20 km to 4000 km... claim whatever you can..

But why is DRDO stuck with a missile that is meant for 2.5 km ?? Because things can be seen very clearly and nothing false can be claimed. Hence it is stuck for last 60 years and all blame is put on the user. It is the most rudimentary and the biggest user requirement in terms of quantity and numbers.

But No.. DRDO wants a missile to be fired at 25 km or 200km and claim whatever it can.. user can not see it with their own eyes and be happy about it.. There is no troop involvement in all those. But at 2.5 km Sepoy Bhoop Singh is the decider if the missile is good or bunkum..

Ohh then ia the user only sees it's target in naked eye.........their are other systems by which you can see, whether it destroyed or not.......and you are saying about mpatgm I think. ....
Drdo is making missile s with 5000km.....
Drdo is making missile s with 2.5 km too

Again the astra missile comes in 1/3rd cost of the foreign bvrs........

Why you are obsessed with nag ...

Why your user is not equipping it's helicopters with foreign helicopter lunched atgms ........now dont say that drdo is preventing
Who the hell drdo is...mod is the supreme
And the simple fact is that army unable to impress mod .....for foreign helicopter lunched helicopter lunched atgm......

Many Russian fighter s didn't cross the prototype stage .....
Mig31 and su57 are struggling...
Mirage 4000 cancelled at midway....
But they are good .....

Again the mpatgm will come cheaper than foreign products.....

I have seen many here quashing drdo scientists......I don't deny caste reservation is destroying our system.....also govt people are lazy....
But after b tech , people have to qualify an exam namely Gate,with good numbers...then only they can get selected in hal,drdo ...iocl ...etc
And I have seen many scoring negative in that exam... Also check how many percentage of people only qualify Gate.......

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I don't know where this Disdain for DRDO comes from. DRDO is one the most efficient institution behind only ISRO.
And u gotta acknowledge that DRDO is working on peanuts do deliver world beating technology.
DRDO budget is just 2.5 billion, within this amount they have to deliver missile, radar, jet engine, tank, gun, electronics, and every other thing used my military

another_armchair

Country flag
Nag was never designed to be a MANPATS from day one so don't understand the weight or minimum firing range argument.

IA has enough MANPATS to take care of the minimum 200m range criteria. Milan, Kornet and many more.

Question remains - Where does NAG+NAMICA fit in IA's doctrine?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Nag was never designed to be a MANPATS from day one so don't understand the weight or minimum firing range argument.
Could you tell me what missile project did the Indian Scientist start with in 1963 - 64 ? And then When the integrated Missile development program started on 1983 was Nag part of it or not ? Was it envisaged that time to be a vehicle launched or helicopter launched missile? What was the original requirement of anti-tank missiles?

Sixty years after you are raising questions about QSR etc ... shameful.. DRDO ontheir own wanted to make Hellfire and in the process fucked everything..

IA has enough MANPATS to take care of the minimum 200m range criteria. Milan, Kornet and many more.
Oh yah... Now Indian Army will cover up inefficiency of our scientist by firing two missiles one for beyond 200m and another for below 200m.
Tell me what are the issues involved in the minimum range and I will give you te solutions..
Tell me if a second-generation MACLOs missile is good enough for IA. Fine, then MoD should disband DRDO.. why should we require them...

Question remains - Where does NAG+NAMICA fit in IA's doctrine?
Missile has become a basic infantry weapon the worldover (MPATGM) so much so that the world had progressed to missiles being used as LAWS. you are questioning requirements of missile very very late in historical times..

Naach Na Jaane Aangan Teda...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I don't know where this Disdain for DRDO comes from. DRDO is one the most efficient institution behind only ISRO.
And u gotta acknowledge that DRDO is working on peanuts do deliver world beating technology.
DRDO budget is just 2.5 billion, within this amount they have to deliver missile, radar, jet engine, tank, gun, electronics, and every other thing used my military
Theek hai ... budget is low.. there are problems.. so on and so on, Agreed..

But do not block the import of Missiles and disarm Indian Army... simple

noobmaster69

Country flag

🙏🏼

Screenshot_20200807_124537.jpg

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
But do not block the import of Missiles and disarm Indian Army... simple
Bhadra Sir it is not right to put blame on just one part of the system alone.
DRDO lags thanks to it's managerial practices, the bureaucracy is well the shittiest bureaucracy in the world. And It is not hidden to anyone that Army top brass also has lobbies in it.
So everyone has their hands dirty in it.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I know the predecessor of DRDO was this organisation created in 1963 which later progressed into Integrated Missile Development Programme under DRDO in 1983 .... the original programme was to make a copy of SS11B1 - the french Lolita..

It sixty years mate ... sixty years of the life of an organisation when it conceived but is yet to deliver... what is so big in MPATGM and NAG.... damn it . Make it and deliver...

It is natural .. Now the IA wants Helina version on BMP with 7 km range, MMW seeker and LOL features so that missile could be integrated with Rudra and LCH systems and Apaches... and why not ??

Science and technology changes faster .. if you do not keep pace with it... technology is bound to reject you.. like a DODO...

Bajirao

Country flag
Tender released for SFDR carriage and release trials.
sfdr release trial is going to start before astra mk2?? i still has doubt about mk2 on being dual pulse..i never seen sfdr and mk2 together in any drdo documents..maybe i am wrong but a doubt remains..

Bajirao

Country flag
And manik is ready
yeah..probably the new nirbhay will have a weight of 1 ton ..while the older one had a weight of 1.35 ton..

noobmaster69

Country flag
I know the predecessor of DRDO was this organisation created in 1963 which later progressed into Integrated Missile Development Programme under DRDO in 1983 .... the original programme was to make a copy of SS11B1 - the french Lolita..

It sixty years mate ... sixty years of the life of an organisation when it conceived but is yet to deliver... what is so big in MPATGM and NAG.... damn it . Make it and deliver...

It is natural .. Now the IA wants Helina version on BMP with 7 km range, MMW seeker and LOL features so that missile could be integrated with Rudra and LCH systems and Apaches... and why not ??

Science and technology changes faster .. if you do not keep pace with it... technology is bound to reject you.. like a DODO...
No, It's not been 60 years! You know why? Coz indigenous development was scrapped to favor imports. Be it the ATGM, HF-73 or anything really that falls in this category. If this attitude continues and most of the limited resources are diverted to imports (or their copies made here) it'll be 600 years and nothing will happen still. That's the bitter truth Amry loyalists avoid facing.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
sfdr release trial is going to start before astra mk2?? i still has doubt about mk2 on being dual pulse..i never seen sfdr and mk2 together in any drdo documents..maybe i am wrong but a doubt remains..
Ya sfdr release trial will happen before astra mk2
Sfdr ground trial happened....
Now it's for release trial from su30 mki.
Astra mk2 prototype is in making .....
But I can confirm you that sfdr and astra mk2 are different projects.
Sfdr trial may happen in year end

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Bhadra Sir it is not right to put blame on just one part of the system alone.
DRDO lags thanks to it's managerial practices, the bureaucracy is well the shittiest bureaucracy in the world. And It is not hidden to anyone that Army top brass also has lobbies in it.
So everyone has their hands dirty in it.
I smell fishy in all this ... like one of the member @another_armchair just revealed .
The belief that we have enough Milan and Konkurs with us and there is no hurry. Second deeper thought disturbs me more as I read in one of the Paper of DRDO Scientist and Director ATGM system Mr Iyer that wire guided missiles are best suited for ground forces like infantry.. Well Us indeed is thinking of using fibre cables but that is still in theory.

Both the assumptions and thought process are very erroneous. Milan and Konkurs are not sufficient and these missiles are on restricted lists for last fifteen years, The training on this missile with live firing is virtually impossible.

These are second-generation MACLOs missiles exposing the firer and missile going rogue due to wire snapping due to foliage in border areas. The accuracy is low and the missiles are blind during smoke, dust fog and darkness. MIRA sights are very few..

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ya sfdr release trial will happen before astra mk2
Sfdr ground trial happened....
Now it's for release trial from su30 mki.
Astra mk2 prototype is in making .....
But I can confirm you that sfdr and astra mk2 are different projects.
Sfdr trial may happen in year end
seems like they have finalised the design and dimensions while mastering propulsion system. It means that it will arrive sooner than we expected.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles