DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

vishnugupt

Country flag
Hadn't an initial production batch been cleared in 2018?🤔 What happened to that? Did it not go through? https://m.economictimes.com/news/de...h-over-rs-3600-crore/articleshow/63942467.cms
Since 1990 when first NAG was tested, atleast 20times DRDO,GOI and Army claimed NAG cleared all trials and production has started and 300 missiles ordered but still every summer we see NAG trials till today and hear same claims again and again.... But never seen Operational NAG missile... Because Army has been changing their requirements every 6 month just to make sure NAG can't see daylight

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Army is more interested in a man portable atgm.....that may be the sole reason....
The seeker issue of nag atgm rectified
Spike atgm was unable to recognise it's target in hot desert condition,which nag easily hits...
I have come across some reason s given by friends in sm and here too..... trying to refute their claims

1.some says that nag is over weight
My point is nag is not a mpatgm,it has its own carrier namica.
2.some says namica is tin can,can't move

When nag and namica developed ,only bmp2 was available,and only bmp2 is the only amphibious platform available with army
If bmp2 is a tin can they why army recently ordered more bmp2s
3.Nag has problem with seeker
Spike was unable to recognise target s,in hot desert condition,but nag atgm achieved bulls eye,in previous test mpatgm variant of nag also struck it's target in desert.Then it has problem,how nag cleared trials
4.Nag has production issue
How many nags ordered,

Helina
1.Helina is not good as helifire
Ok helina is not good as helifire,is not helina cheaper than helifire

Then I too believe some improvement s should be done.
1.The namica carrier should have latest bmp2 update s
2.whap with nag atgm should be developed

Again ia didn't have a similar platform ,so nag should be inducted
I have seen people crying here tejas doesn't have this....that....
Now Tejas ioc is flying with bvrs.....
So without armed forces support.... Atmanirbhar bharat will not............ possible

Tang

Country flag
@Karthi

This is what I know

RudraM-II/RudraM-IIA

Air to surface aeroballistic missile
Supersonic
700 kg weight
330 km range
200 kg warhead ( PCB/PF/? )
RF/IIR seeker

RudraM-III

Air to surface aeroballistic missile
High supersonic ( possibly hypersonic )
1.6 ton weight
550km range
RF seeker
Awesome Range

Induction timeline - 2025?

Bajirao

Country flag

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I don't know where to put this...

I hope that history doesn't repeat, atleast in nag's context. Sorry if already posted.
I do not mind a research project getting delayed or failed.. it happens in research and development...

But it is criminal to block Army procurement to meet their requirements for a product which is not there...

Tuco

Country flag
I do not mind a research project getting delayed or failed.. it happens in research and development...

But it is criminal to block Army procurement to meet their requirements for a product which is not there...
I agree its criminal to block the product which is not even on the drawing board. But when the organisation develops some articles the other question is raised who asked them to develop it, that also is wrong. There are some cases where very vague requirements are given take the case of MCIWS when the forces cannot decide what they want what ever the dev organization comes up with will always falls short. When ATGS was being developed was it conveyed to the developer that the weight has to be below certain threshold and range doesn't matter? Didn't blueprint have those details? Both sides are at fault.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles