DRDO and PSU news and discussion

Chinmoy

Country flag
Aww hostile much?

Its not a biker vest by the way, its a cooling vest. They are worn even by construction workers working in hot climates.

If its any consolation to you, I HAVE worn the very same vest I was talking about under my riding jacket and rode my motorcycle all the way from Delhi to Tanot, which by the way happens to be in the Thar.

As for the coolant based system with pipes running into the the vest, I'd like to know how many such systems are actually in service around the world, because I havent found any till now.

As for this, if everything had to be done by the citizens themselves, then there would've never been a system of governments in the first place anywhere in the world.
Kindly think if what you're saying makes any sense.

I am only giving a simpler alternative to a problem. What actually comes into service, or if it comes into service at all, will of course be decided by the powers that be.
Oh no no no.... I am not trying to be hostile here. Sorry if it felt so. I am sure that if it could protect you while riding a bike, it would also protect you inside a tank.

BTW regarding your second point of how much such systems are in service around world. May be this link would throw light on how people are wasting money.

armyofhind

Country flag
Oh no no no.... I am not trying to be hostile here. Sorry if it felt so. I am sure that if it could protect you while riding a bike, it would also protect you inside a tank.

BTW regarding your second point of how much such systems are in service around world. May be this link would throw light on how people are wasting money.

The link that you've given here only shows what products are made by a company, it doesn't talk of anything being in service.
that article is from 2010.

here are some more recent mentions of people who've been in the thick of armoured combat in a desert much more recently.

None of the accounts talk of a tethered cooling system in service.

Here is an account of aircrew using tethered cooling systems available onboard helicopters, which by the way, have far more internal space for moving around than a tank.

This is what it says on here -

"Helicopter pilots and their crews already use aircraft-mounted cooling systems to beat the heat. But while these systems have been shown to improve endurance and performance levels in hot climates, many crewmembers avoid using them because they tend to be inconvenient.

Such onboard cooling devices are equipped with tethers (Same as the DRDO variant) that soldiers need to attach themselves to in order to cool down. But moving around the back of a cramped helicopter on a tether is no easy feat, the researchers said. "

Make of it what you will.. this is the last from me on this.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Government likely to issue draft defence production and export promotion policy soon
A draft defence production and export promotion policy is likely to be issued within a month, the Centre said on Tuesday, noting that this will give a major push to the ‘Make in India’ programme.

“We are currently in the process of drafting the defence production and export promotion policy and hopefully, within a month or so, we would like to put it in public domain for seeking your feedback and comments which will be covering all aspects of what the finance minister announced on 16th of May,” Defence Production Secretary Raj Kumar said at a webinar attended by various defence companies.

On May 16, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had announced a series of initiatives to promote indigenous defence production which included making separate budgetary outlay to procure Indian-made military hardware, increasing FDI limit from 49 per cent to 74 per cent under the automatic route and generating a year-wise negative list of weapons whose import won’t be allowed.

Kumar said that in “addition to indigenisation, to give a push to ‘Make in India’, to seek substitute of imported items, all those and number of those other similar things will be there as a part of the defence production and export promotion policy”.

Chinmoy

Country flag
The link that you've given here only shows what products are made by a company, it doesn't talk of anything being in service.
that article is from 2010.

here are some more recent mentions of people who've been in the thick of armoured combat in a desert much more recently.

None of the accounts talk of a tethered cooling system in service.

Here is an account of aircrew using tethered cooling systems available onboard helicopters, which by the way, have far more internal space for moving around than a tank.

This is what it says on here -

"Helicopter pilots and their crews already use aircraft-mounted cooling systems to beat the heat. But while these systems have been shown to improve endurance and performance levels in hot climates, many crewmembers avoid using them because they tend to be inconvenient.

Such onboard cooling devices are equipped with tethers (Same as the DRDO variant) that soldiers need to attach themselves to in order to cool down. But moving around the back of a cramped helicopter on a tether is no easy feat, the researchers said. "

Make of it what you will.. this is the last from me on this.
Using the article or not using it is user's choice. There are many products which has been developed but individuals in armed forces don't generally use them by individual choice. Same is here.

But point is, you can't compare a cooling vest worn by bikers with a active cooling system like this.

Karthi

Country flag
IMG_20200603_181109.jpg
IMG_20200603_181051.jpg

Tombo imaging Atlas

Atlas – EOIRST is most sophisticated long range passive sea skimming device. It features a gamut of Electro Optical sensors for constant & completely passive 360° surveillance and automatic short and long range threat detection from air and sea.

It seamlessly works with high resolution staring array type imaging sensors and provides unprecedented and robust detection and tracking of low elevation, aerial and and surface threats in all weather and illumination conditions.

Integrated with HawkAI deep learning engine its capable of detecting and classifying targets using most advanced video processing as of date.

Combined with constantly scanning long range cooled MWIR thermal imager it generates panoramic images at very long range and can do long range threat detection from anti-ship missiles, fighter aircrafts, drones and fast moving crafts in the sea.

Its a completely passive system with a laser range finder used only when required to get the range to the targets.

sagar

Country flag
View attachment 49254View attachment 49255

Tombo imaging Atlas

Atlas – EOIRST is most sophisticated long range passive sea skimming device. It features a gamut of Electro Optical sensors for constant & completely passive 360° surveillance and automatic short and long range threat detection from air and sea.

It seamlessly works with high resolution staring array type imaging sensors and provides unprecedented and robust detection and tracking of low elevation, aerial and and surface threats in all weather and illumination conditions.

Integrated with HawkAI deep learning engine its capable of detecting and classifying targets using most advanced video processing as of date.

Combined with constantly scanning long range cooled MWIR thermal imager it generates panoramic images at very long range and can do long range threat detection from anti-ship missiles, fighter aircrafts, drones and fast moving crafts in the sea.

Its a completely passive system with a laser range finder used only when required to get the range to the targets.
Peeche to dekho!

yoggs

Country flag
View attachment 49254View attachment 49255

Tombo imaging Atlas

Looks like been ordered by Navy. Good if ordered.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Holy shit man ! It's in works !

Woah!
That is one unconventional design, just a thought, if that is being designed on the basis of stealth, won't those engines and canards increase rcs?
Look guys I can't confirm it , hence previously I was asking if such program existed

Best take it with a pinch of salt untill we have more concrete and reliable information

Global Defence

Articles