DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
i didn't understand the second part of your query
They are using a liquid coolant, possibly not a fireproof suit.

I meant a mini air-conditioner pumping air into full fireproof overall, like G-suits.

porky_kicker

Country flag
They are using a liquid coolant, possibly not a fireproof suit.

I meant a mini air-conditioner pumping air into full fireproof overall, like G-suits.
Possibly but common sense dictates they will select a coolant which is not a fire hazard or is atleast resistant to it , because fire is the most common hazard inside a tank . Any defence product is built to corresponding mil grade certifications either nato or own and orgs like DGQA etc need to certify it. Regulations are extremely tough for personal protective equipments .

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Possibly but common sense dictates they will select a coolant which is not a fire hazard or is atleast resistant to it , because fire is the most common hazard inside a tank . Otherwise DGQA will not certify it . Any defence product is built to corresponding mil grade certifications either nato or own and orgs like DGQA need to certify it.
No no, I didn't mean the coolant is a fire hazard. But the suit itself does not look fireproof. And do while wearing the cooling vest they cannot possibly wear another layer to protect them against fire hazard.

So I meant a full-body overall made of flame resistant materials, with cool air ventilation from a very small mini-AC (not like that below, but fixed one with detachable pipes connected).
099-ku92046-05.jpg

tajima-seiryo-jacket-cooling-system.jpg

porky_kicker

Country flag
No no, I didn't mean the coolant is a fire hazard. But the suit itself does not look fireproof. And do while wearing the cooling vest they cannot possibly wear another layer to protect them against fire hazard.

So I meant a full-body overall made of flame resistant materials, with cool air ventilation from a very small mini-AC (not like that below, but fixed one with detachable pipes connected).View attachment 49085
View attachment 49084
Yes it looks so , but I think it should be flame retardant .

The idea you suggested is a good one but I kind of don't expect to see it from DRDO , they are old school , IMO they are not that much into out of box thinking . Let's see if things change .

Such products in the future hopefully will come from Indian startups .

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
On May 29, 2020, IISc’s Project PRAANA team successfully completed the prototyping of an indigenously developed ICU-grade #ventilator.

Video:

Built using a custom designed pneumatic system controlled by a microprocessor, it uses proprietary algorithms and techniques to blend air and oxygen in the desired ratio. (2/n)

It also has fine-grained control of patient-side respiratory parameters such as respiration rate, inspiration to expiration ratio, FiO2, and PEEP. It supports both invasive & non-invasive ventilation

The ventilator uses only components made in India or easily available in the domestic supply chains. The team took about 35 days to go from the drawing board to a proof-of-concept system, and then a working prototype in another two weeks. (4/n)

Project PRAANA was started by IISc faculty members Gaurab Banerjee, Duvvuri Subrahmanyam, TV Prabhakar & Pratikash Panda, Bangalore-based engineer Manas Pradhan and retired IISc professor HS Jamadagni. (5/n)

Many volunteers helped, including physicians Dr. Supreet Khare, Dr. Sriram Sampath, and Dr. Krishna Prasad. “We are now actively exploring options to collaborate with an industry partner to further co-develop the prototype into a field-ready product,” says Subrahmanyam. (6/n)

The project received internal support from IISc, external funding from the office of
@PrinSciAdvGoI
and a CSR contribution from
@SBI_FOUNDATION
. Narayana Health, Bengaluru, provided medical testing equipment for verification of the ventilator performance. (n/n)

Last edited:

yoggs

Country flag
On May 29, 2020, IISc’s Project PRAANA team successfully completed the prototyping of an indigenously developed ICU-grade #ventilator.

Video:

Built using a custom designed pneumatic system controlled by a microprocessor, it uses proprietary algorithms and techniques to blend air and oxygen in the desired ratio. (2/n)

It also has fine-grained control of patient-side respiratory parameters such as respiration rate, inspiration to expiration ratio, FiO2, and PEEP. It supports both invasive & non-invasive ventilation

The ventilator uses only components made in India or easily available in the domestic supply chains. The team took about 35 days to go from the drawing board to a proof-of-concept system, and then a working prototype in another two weeks. (4/n)

Project PRAANA was started by IISc faculty members Gaurab Banerjee, Duvvuri Subrahmanyam, TV Prabhakar & Pratikash Panda, Bangalore-based engineer Manas Pradhan and retired IISc professor HS Jamadagni. (5/n)

Many volunteers helped, including physicians Dr. Supreet Khare, Dr. Sriram Sampath, and Dr. Krishna Prasad. “We are now actively exploring options to collaborate with an industry partner to further co-develop the prototype into a field-ready product,” says Subrahmanyam. (6/n)

The project received internal support from IISc, external funding from the office of
@PrinSciAdvGoI
@SBI_FOUNDATION
. Narayana Health, Bengaluru, provided medical testing equipment for verification of the ventilator performance. (n/n)

Hope Government encourages adoption of these local innovations.

IndianHawk

Country flag

Video:

@PrinSciAdvGoI
@SBI_FOUNDATION

These things look so simple but they are historic change. That's what actually makes a country an industrial superpower. The ability to come up with practical products based on available tech.

With our low Cost and scale soon we will be ruling the world market of such small medium equipment and device just like we came to dominate outsourcing once.
Mark my words.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Yes

Its a variant of Agni 3, first time confirmation of the same provided the model is correct , rest of the models in the A series was correct so it should also hold true.

I knew there was variants of Agni 3 from other sources . But first time I saw one confirming the same.

AFAIK Agni 3 was used to test certain technologies for SLBM

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles