Donations

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Dear Members,

As you are all aware, we have just come back online after a massive DDOS attack, well it still is going on as you can see from the number of members online which is over 30,000.

That we are on is due to DFI buying expensive defence against DDOS. The owner of the forum Singh is running thin on funds. So much so that he has given up booze :D

Seriously though, we need donations to keep the forum running as it is not possible for one person to keep funding as our enemies are relentless..

Those who are willing please mail Singh or DD. Please email Singh at [email protected] for local bank details.

We have set up a PayPal account for those outside india and a bank account for those in India.

Anyone is free to ask for any details regarding donations made as we want to maintain transparency.

Last edited by a moderator:

trackwhack

Please post the Paypal Account email address here. Singh does not need to respond to those mails.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Please post the Paypal Account email address here. Singh does not need to respond to those mails.
When did you ever mail me ? and wait putting on a paypal button you can pay from there directly.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Thread has been made sticky.

And Paypal donation button (called Donate) added on the top of page - please use this for payment through paypal. For other payment methods please contact - Singh or Me.

A request to all members who would like to donate. Please confirm, whenever you donate, that you have donated certain amount on this thread and the payment method used. If you don't want to disclose your name or the amount - contact Singh or Me, we will make a confirmation post on this thread on behalf of you.

We will also post the confirmation that we have received the donation once we get it - again we will keep anonymity (of name or/and amount) if you like it that way.

All these measures are to ensure that donation mechanism is completely transparent and donating members are duly acknowledged.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
When did you ever mail me ? and wait putting on a paypal button you can pay from there directly.
Saar what he means is that post the paypal mail id over here itself than answering every mail asking for paypal mail id.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I had to muster a lot of courage to actually start this thread. Some people are aware of what happened in the past. If it wasnt 200% necessary we probably would not have asked for. We had many offers earlier too to donate that we use to politely decline. DFI is not a forum that sells "subscriptions" like one forum or runs on stolen money like another and hoodwink people.

What we need the most is member contribution on the forum in terms of then logging in for some part of their day and posting. Hopefully the revenue set up done by way of ads that we started recently will one day generate enough to sustain the forum and also have spare left to counter such attacks.

trackwhack

I did not mail you. Just said why would anyone who wants to send a donation through Paypal need to request for the ID by sending an email. Just the Paypal email ID posted here is enough. :)

trackwhack

I had to muster a lot of courage to actually start this thread. Some people are aware of what happened in the past. If it wasnt 200% necessary we probably would not have asked for. We had many offers earlier too to donate that we use to politely decline. DFI is not a forum that sells "subscriptions" like one forum or runs on stolen money like another and hoodwink people.

What we need the most is member contribution on the forum in terms of then logging in for some part of their day and posting. Hopefully the revenue set up done by way of ads that we started recently will one day generate enough to sustain the forum and also have spare left to counter such attacks.
Yusuf, shit happens man. Most people dont know how difficult it is to keep a forum running and one person should not have to absorb those costs. The forum is beneficial for everyone and those who can afford to must support it. Secondly I'd rather pay a donation than have creepy ads on the website.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
This post is to confirm that a donation of $50 received from an anonymous DFI member. DFI Staff thanks the donor for the donation.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
My experience with PayPal has not been the best. Could there be a way for me to do a wire transfer from my bank?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
whenever i am clicking donate its is redirecting me to a page with for credit card or pay pal payment. The email ID is [email protected], which is totally different than what was before i.e. ''singhisking''. Please clarify on this.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Singh,

Email me as to where I can send a cheque. I don't like using the internet and its facilities.

My bank pays at par anywhere in India.

I think one should have a separate thread on Donation and the records for all to see.

For anonymity, one could use monikers like calling me, say Tiger donated xxxxxxx amount of money.

In case you have given up booze, please come over and enjoy at my hospitality, which I assure you wll not induce any hostility even if you are a pitless barrel! ;)

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Yet another $50 donation received from an anonymous member. Many thanks to him for supporting DFI in tough times.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Another donation of INR 3000 received from an anonymous member. Again many thanks to the member for supporting DFI in tough times.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Singh,

Email me as to where I can send a cheque. I don't like using the internet and its facilities.

My bank pays at par anywhere in India.

I think one should have a separate thread on Donation and the records for all to see.

For anonymity, one could use monikers like calling me, say Tiger donated xxxxxxx amount of money.

In case you have given up booze, please come over and enjoy at my hospitality, which I assure you wll not induce any hostility even if you are a pitless barrel! ;)
Thank you sir for the generous offer.

I have sent you an email.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles