Dog Eat Dog World- China

no smoking

Country flag
If CCP passes a law saying you can't eat dogs, you can't eat dogs. It isn't me telling you not to eat them. It is the West influencing Chinese culture.
I am not talking about CCP's political status, I am talking about why you guys give attention to what chinese eat. Especially you, why giving up dog meat is the next step of civilization?

Since when the cooking menue becomes a symbal of civiliation? With your words, I feel you are telling chinese not to eat them.

"China wants to be considered a civilised society by the world. They won't be until they get rid of this practice. "

Koji

It's just a ploy to establish superiority of a culture over another. It completely baffles me how people are able to stratify into categories what is ok and what is not ok to consume. Why are dogs inappropriate when snails are? Horse is a popular dish in Europe and Japan (from the Mad Cow Scare)..but ARMAND doesn't consider that repulsing or uncivilized, and yet man and horse share a deep historical bond.

The argument that herbivore meat should only be eaten by animals doesn't hold either. Bluefin tuna are carnivorous but people have no problem eating them do they?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I am not talking about CCP's political status, I am talking about why you guys give attention to what chinese eat. Especially you, why giving up dog meat is the next step of civilization?

Since when the cooking menue becomes a symbal of civiliation? With your words, I feel you are telling chinese not to eat them.

"China wants to be considered a civilised society by the world. They won't be until they get rid of this practice. "
Since when? Since the time the word barbaric came into lexicon. Earliest time I am aware of is ancient Greece, but I'm sure it was before that. CCP wants the West to see China as a civilised society, getting rid of human rights abuses would arode too much of their power, getting rid of eating cats and dogs will be much easier a compromise. There are far more dog and cat lovers in the West who care about this issue than there are people saying Free Tibet. It is an easy way to get respect, all CCP cares about in foreign relations are 1) making money and 2) getting resepect from the West.

amoy

Since the time the word barbaric came into lexicon. Earliest time I am aware of is ancient Greece, but I'm sure it was before that. CCP wants the West to see China as a civilised society, getting rid of human rights abuses would arode too much of their power, getting rid of eating cats and dogs will be much easier a compromise. There are far more dog and cat lovers in the West who care about this issue than there are people saying Free Tibet.
Your allegation simply unveils your hypocrisy over cultural pluralism and democracy, which hardly earn yourself respect from the West.

Besides pulling CCP or 'Free Tibet' or 'human rights' into this fuss shows your inability to establish any link between 'eating dogs' and 'civilizatiion' .

Or are u an advocate for 'dogs' rights'?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Your allegation simply unveils your hypocrisy over cultural pluralism and democracy, which hardly earn yourself respect from the West.

Besides pulling CCP or 'Free Tibet' or 'human rights' into this fuss shows your inability to establish any link between 'eating dogs' and 'civilizatiion' .

Or are u an advocate for 'dogs' rights'?
It isnt' about cultural pluralism, its about the dominant culture of the world. That is modern capitalist values, it isn't just Western but in China too. There are alot of values that have evolved from capitalism and keeping dogs off the menu is only one of many. You want to be a capatilist nation but don't want to accept the changes that go with it. Do we still alow the taking of 12 year olds as wives? Do we still allow having serfs? Why did we stop accepting this as normal conditions? Society evolves into different values as economics change. We no longer need 12 year old wives because we don't need 1,000 children to run the farm. We don't need serfs because we have modern machinery. Chinese started eating dog because they were starving. Well there is plenty of other food out there now and dog certainly isn't one of the tastier treats. So we are at the crossroads, does China want to be a Medieval society where they still eat dog and dinosaur bones or do they want to join the ranks of the civilised world? It seems the CCP wants to make the turn.

bigtiger

Country flag
From Indian point of view, the beef-eating Frenchmen are nothing but savages. Why does France want to remain in a savage state?

It isnt' about cultural pluralism, its about the dominant culture of the world. That is modern capitalist values, it isn't just Western but in China too. There are alot of values that have evolved from capitalism and keeping dogs off the menu is only one of many. You want to be a capatilist nation but don't want to accept the changes that go with it. Do we still alow the taking of 12 year olds as wives? Do we still allow having serfs? Why did we stop accepting this as normal conditions? Society evolves into different values as economics change. We no longer need 12 year old wives because we don't need 1,000 children to run the farm. We don't need serfs because we have modern machinery. Chinese started eating dog because they were starving. Well there is plenty of other food out there now and dog certainly isn't one of the tastier treats. So we are at the crossroads, does China want to be a Medieval society where they still eat dog and dinosaur bones or do they want to join the ranks of the civilised world? It seems the CCP wants to make the turn.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
From Indian point of view, the beef-eating Frenchmen are nothing but savages. Why does France want to remain in a savage state?
From Indian point of view, is India a savage land for eating more bovine than poultry and mutton put together?

no smoking

Country flag
Since when? Since the time the word barbaric came into lexicon. Earliest time I am aware of is ancient Greece, but I'm sure it was before that. CCP wants the West to see China as a civilised society, getting rid of human rights abuses would arode too much of their power, getting rid of eating cats and dogs will be much easier a compromise. There are far more dog and cat lovers in the West who care about this issue than there are people saying Free Tibet. It is an easy way to get respect, all CCP cares about in foreign relations are 1) making money and 2) getting resepect from the West.
You response clearly shows your ignorance about the china. Check the Youtube again! Do you see any CCP official talking about this? No. All you have find is that a part of public is pushing forward the anti-dog meat bill while another part is against it. It has nothing to do with CCP. I don't know how can you get the idea: CCP is tring to please West on this.

One thing you said is right, the people tring to pull dog meat out of menu is rich. That is why CCP won't dare to talk about this problem. Flattering with rich class is one of the two worst things that CCP dosen't want to be seen by common chinese.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You response clearly shows your ignorance about the china. Check the Youtube again! Do you see any CCP official talking about this? No. All you have find is that a part of public is pushing forward the anti-dog meat bill while another part is against it. It has nothing to do with CCP. I don't know how can you get the idea: CCP is tring to please West on this.

One thing you said is right, the people tring to pull dog meat out of menu is rich. That is why CCP won't dare to talk about this problem. Flattering with rich class is one of the two worst things that CCP dosen't want to be seen by common chinese.
Intro header says... GOVERNMENT wants to take cat and dog off menu. Last time I checked, CCP was government of China.

johnee

Chinese guys, why are you having a go at the Armand? Its not Armand's fault that your Govt is considering taking meat from domestic animals off menus across the country. Armand merely pointed out that the west will not consider China civilized until this practice is not abandoned. Thats how west thinks. But the CCP govt decided to make China appear more 'civilized' to west, and thus is considering a ban. Its CCP govt that is trying to dictate what an avg chinese can eat and what he cannot. If chinese have a problem, they should take it up with their govt, no point in blaming others.

fulcrum

Country flag
Rather than Banning Dogs and Cats, I'd be happy if the Pirate Country punishes Tiger Trade. Those idiots are sucking & eating Tiger D.i.c.ks for crying out loud, some kind of voodoo medicine nonsense. What's more, it's because of this Tigers are being poached in India with it's skin, balls and D.i.c.ks missing! Skin makes it's way to Indo-China whereas it's D.i.c.ks and some other body parts are rare chinese medicine crap. With this year being the year of the Tiger, there is going to be a lot of demand for Tiger D.i.c.ks in China. Utterly Disgusting!!! Tiger D.i.c.ks, Monkey Brains.. almost everything which crawls and moves is food in china. No wonder certain new Diseases break out there.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Want-to-Eat-Penis-Go-to-China-57215.shtml

Want to Eat Penis? Go to China!

You may have heard that the tiger is menaced by the demand on the Chinese black market of tiger penis bone. Tiger penis bone for the same people encompasses the tiger's power, including the sexual one.

Of course, it's like chewing chicken or pork bones, but the poachers are menacing the wild tigers because of such stupid beliefs.

But the Chinese imagination does not stop here, and each penis it the world for them looks like a panacea. Penises are thought to increase yang (virility) and women are not advised to eat testicles, due to testosterone content.

The penis diet could not be sustained at the next door Chinese restaurant, but a trip to China would help. There are specialized restaurants in penis delicacies.

Because many of the dishes are considered aphrodisiacs, discretion must be secured in these placements and they make sure all the tables are in private rooms. Some penises are served raw, like sushi, others can be cooked.(Oh dear lord!!! Just think of it makes me puke.)

You can serve dog clammy testicles and penis, which is gray and shiny. Dog penis is low in cholesterol and is considered as quite efficient in boosting the male sex drive, but also for treating all sorts of conditions.
Giant salami-shaped donkey penises are considered good for the skin...

Aborted reindeer fetus is also considered good for the skin.

The double penis of the snakes is considered to increase potency.

Sliced and pickled ox penis, which has bland and rubbery texture, is considered a general energizer.

You can also eat in a such restaurant yak, seal, horse, goat and deer penises.

Some westerners compare the tastes of some penises with overcooked squid.

The black market delivers also the highly desired tiger penis, at a price of $5,700 (�3,000), but it must be ordered months in advance. It seems that it tastes the same as other penises, but many people in China just like to order tiger to show off how much money they have.

------------

Jackie Chan has spoken out against the use of tiger products in China, admitting that he once used them.

Read more: http://www.looktothestars.org/news/3929-jackie-chan-speaks-out-against-tiger-products#ixzz0haufXHyp

Last edited:

Koji

Testicles and penises is a more popular dish throughout the world than you'd expect. Middle Easterners routinely eat genitals from goats, and the Spanish eat the testicles and penis from bulls. And if you've ever been to the United States...you gotta try "Rocky Mountain Oysters." (They're not oysters..lol)

fulcrum

Country flag
Really? Anyway.. As disgusting as everything is, why Tigers? It's directly affecting India. I don't care much if they eat Dogs or Cats, I might just turn my head on the other side, but their fascination for Tiger penis is serious, both ethically and statistically. Tigers aren't Bulls or Dogs, they are Tigers for crying out load and they are almost on the brink of extinction.

Koji

I agree with you that protection of animals endangered from extinction is necessary, but I also find it hard to criticize cultural preferences. After all, EVERY culture has its quirks.

johnee

Chinese can eat whatever they want in their own country as long it has no effect on other countries. The problem with Chinese liking Tiger's parts is that Indian tigers are used for this purpose...

Last edited:

fulcrum

Country flag
Culture or not, Tigers come first in my book... and I can safely say it's the same for the majority of the people the world over, if not the world over, it is atleast in India. Chinese need to drop this Tiger penis voodoo nonsense right now.

And if true that westerners are eating "Rocky Mountain Oysters"(oh Lord!! *puke*), eating cats and dogs fades in comparison.
---

"loud" in the previous post. Typo.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Someone mentioned Dog Meat is rare! Man where is he coming from? Didnt you see how Dogs are being reared for butchering in the Video above? Dont you know how many dogs are roaming the street! The Dogs in the Video dont look better than street dogs, dont tell me they are special breeds! WTF

no smoking

Country flag
"Intro Header says...GOVERMENT"

That is interesting! Actually, CCP was a part of gov in chia, all though the key part but not all. In China, people's represntive is also regarded as gov, but some of them are not CCP. The corporate committee of deomacratic parties is also a part of gov, but all of them are not CCP. Please tell me which gov department intends to do that?

Actually, that is exactly the popular phenomenan in this kind of chinese news broadcasted in West, no matter whatever context is, they would link it to CCP gov. I just doubt if CCP has time to think about this kind of problem.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Wow, Chinese are in such denial they think CCP doesn't control every facet of the country. Like there really are people representatives and democratic parties... it is called rubber stamp congress guy.

nimo_cn

Country flag
The proposal of banning the eating of dog and cat is issued by Chang Jiwen(常纪文), a member of CPPCC(Chinese People's Political Consultative Committee). He works as a professor in CASS(Chinese Academy of Social Sciences), who is fully responsible for the drafting of animal protection laws in China. And he is not a member of CCP.

Those who made assertion that CCP is doing this to win the affection from the westerners should realize how narcissistic you are. And those believe in this BS should learn more about the session of CPPCC and CNPC.

First, it is not CCP's idea to ban the eating of dog and cat. No smoking has pointed out CCP doesn't have the time
to think about such thing. But Armand is right, CCP is able to control every facet of the country( BTW, which
government is not), but that doesn't mean CCP wants to waste its time and energy to challenge a eating habit which
has a long history and is stilled being enjoyed by many Chinese, for no good reason.

Second, these is no link between dog eating and civilization, this has been discussed.

Third, every year during the session of CPPCC and CNPC, many hilarious proposals will be issued by representatives,
for example, a representive named Zhang Xiaomei once proposed that women should be given holiday during their menstrual period and wives should get paid for doing chores by their husbands. IMO, this Chang Jiwen is one of these representatives who have a brilliant sense of humor. The only purpose their proposals can serve is entertaining us, none of these will get passed. And people are doing this to get famous, the annual session is a perfect arena for people to get public attention, because it is intensely covered by Chinese and foreign media.

If you still take them seriously, then what can i say!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles