Does wireless internet and 'Win-7' have compatibility problem.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Facing very strange problem, so seeking help.

My BSNL 3G connection is not working well with Win-7 loaded desktop PC. In first place it takes 15-20 seconds just to open GOOGLE search page and experience with attempt to open DFI and others is just too horrible, it is taking more than 1 mint at minimum. In sharp contrast this connection works extremely well with XP SP-2 loaded laptop and gives 1 mbps download speed.

Configuration: Desktop
CPU - Pentium D
RAM - 1GB
Motherboard - Intel DG41RQi
OS - Window 7 ultimate

Thanks and regards
Rahul

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
May be you need to update the drivers for 3G connections. Check the USB manufacturer's website for Windows 7 specific drivers or updates. That might solve the problem.

raghavi

There is nothing of such sort even mine is win 7 and BSNL connection . please do check your connection modem and contact bsnl customer service. The connection is weak now-a-days!!

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Thanks Daredevil.

Hey Raghavi..I think it will be waste to call 'CC' as same connection is working extremely well with my laptop loaded with XP SP-2..... BTW are you using 3G modem?

SHASH2K2

Facing very strange problem, so seeking help.

My BSNL 3G connection is not working well with Win-7 loaded desktop PC. In first place it takes 15-20 seconds just to open GOOGLE search page and experience with attempt to open DFI and others is just too horrible, it is taking more than 1 mint at minimum. In sharp contrast this connection works extremely well with XP SP-2 loaded laptop and gives 1 mbps download speed.

Configuration: Desktop
CPU - Pentium D
RAM - 1GB
Motherboard - Intel DG41RQi
OS - Window 7 ultimate

Thanks and regards
Rahul
First of all your RAM is too less for a Windows 7 . You need atleast 2 GB in order to make it work properly.
Also let me know your browser and its version . 1 GB is minimum requiremt for Windows 7 .

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
few steps:
Switch off and on wireless router/modem
Check if the line is connected via filter
Check if phone line with 2.8 MHz frequency codeless not in use while browsing net via wireless.
Check your distance from router (depends on which router you are using)
Window 7 has no compatibility issues with 3G wireless routers.
Run diagnostics (open network and sharing centre)
Reinstall your software.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
@SHASH2K2
I use google chrome and IE8.

@Hit&Run
I don't use router. BSNL has provided me a HSDPA USB stick(named HUAWEI) type modem. It goes in slot like a pen drive.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Check for the drivers. As far as i know Windows7(unlike Linux) just provide you with basic drivers and function to with your hardware(USB, Moniter, Keyboard) for everything rest you need to drivers from vender. So check with your vender.
Consult this problem with BSNL, they will help you.
OR
To the extreme case(which is very rare) some past of hardware has gone bad(USB, modem).
Can you give your plan details as i also planning to buy one.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
@SHASH2K2
I use google chrome and IE8.

@Hit&Run
I don't use router. BSNL has provided me a HSDPA USB stick(named HUAWEI) type modem. It goes in slot like a pen drive.
Man that guy is smart, he hid his IMEI number.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Sorry for late reply.

My plan is Rs.2499. Following are associated informations.

^INTERNET
Data download -- Unlimited
Speed -- 3.6 MBPS
Actual download speed -- 1 MBPS as per my personal experience (speed varies on distance from nearest tower)

PS. download speed fluctuation is considered as normal.

^Calling
>Voice call
On-net/off-net STD/ LOCAL -- 049 paise/min

>Video call
Local-- 0.70 paise/min
STD -- Rs. 1.00/min

BunBunCake

May be you need to update the drivers for 3G connections. Check the USB manufacturer's website for Windows 7 specific drivers or updates. That might solve the problem.
If your drivers are bad, then your internet wouldn't be working at all. (Windows will say, Software not installed correctly......)
Since you're saying your internet WORKS, There is no problem with the device, drivers, nor your computer (Pentium D, w/ 1 GB RAM is enough for Windows 7)

My only guess is your signal's strength (in your area)
or
Your browser.---Which browser do you use?

Last edited:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Most of the time i use Google Chrome but sometime IE8...I think it can't be signal as my both PC are kept close by...BTW i discovered that BIOS of my motherboard has problems with LAN internet, peoples say, after updating their ADSL connection is working fine. I don't know how to up-date BIOS. Can you help? Asking so because even after goggling for this, i did not got any convincing solution..

AkhandBharat

Rahul, you'll have to get the BIOS drivers depending on the motherboard you have in your system. Get it from your PC manufacturer. They will also point you to the location where you can find updated drivers.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Rahul, unless you know anything about BIOS flashing, don't try it yourself. If if don't flash it properly, your motherboard will be irreversibly destroyed. You'd best take it to a computer store for the upgrade.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles