Discussion on Crash and Availability Rate of IAF in comparison with others

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The latest crash of Sukhoi had got me thinking on this subject re: crash rate, flying hours and availability rates of IAF compared with other forces.

I must thank @Neil who pointed out this topic and also a report which I hope he is able to link us to. Although he seemed to believe it is better to not discuss this topic on a defense forum like DFI but informally.

Calling @ersakthivel @p2prada @Armand2REP @Kunal Biswas @Yusuf @sayareakd @SajeevJino and others for a discussion on the same

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
IIRC I remember reading IAF has one of the lowest crash to flying hours ratio & IAF has one of the highest flying hours per pilot & fighter jet in the world. There was a discussion on this in DFI where @p2prada had made some good posts

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
IIRC I remember reading IAF has one of the lowest crash to flying hours ratio & IAF has one of the highest flying hours per pilot & fighter jet in the world. There was a discussion on this in DFI where @p2prada had made some good posts
Please to link or merge it or bump it.................................

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Defence minister praises IAF as aircraft crashes fall to record low

One hears of combat jets crashing every now and then, but the Indian Air Force (IAF) has actually been able to bring down its accident rate. The IAF's performance on the flight safety front has been its best so far.

Last year, in 2012-13, the air force fleet registered its lowest ever accident rate, with only 2.2 aircraft crashing per 10,000 hours of flying. The previous best record of 3.5 was in 2006-07, which at that time was the lowest in 30 years.

The IAF operates 27 different types of aircraft.

Sources said managing such a vast spread of fleet comes with its own challenges.

Its current fleet includes six types of fighters, eight types of helicopters, 10 models of transporters and three type of trainers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahom...ft-crashes-fall-record-low.html#ixzz3ZzCKozzJ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
IAF has a lowered availability rate because they don't long lead purchase spares. The committee is scared they will get charged with corruption so they leave the money sitting in the capital account. Come on guys, this is not a political decision.

Pandora

Country flag
@Ray sir, well you promote those who are incompetent but close to officer ,who lick officer boot and water officer small kitchen garden.Did I missed anything sir? Good men leaving force.These are the exact words which my dad said,an ex serviceman(pechora sqn).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles