Dharmic Knowledge

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
.Peudo science. Now eather is in fashion.
How much of this universe is physical again?

Let us agree to disagree. Yoga and meditation are human concepts.
Elaborate.

Ishwar is more than Nothingness.
Ishwara is efficient cause of universe. But the material cause is Prakriti - the premordial elementary matter.

Transcending ishwar??? What is this??
Seven Chakras .

SimplyIndian

Country flag
Its not more than 10%. I love Krishna. See my pfp.

aap fokat mera message tag karke baal ki khaal udhadne chale the bhai. lets end our argument here.
Bhai agreement disagreement debate discussion part of our sanatani culture is not it?

I still stand on my argument of ishwar is source of nothingness.

What is not more than 10%? And what is
Transcending beyond ishwar?

I am curious to know. no baal ki khal. Just healthy discussion.

doreamon

Country flag
I am just saying nothingness has a source. It is not sources less.

Before nothingness ishwar exist. Shiva is more than nothingness.
Thats dualistic philosophy ... i.e there is a iswara and there is world . Advita vada gem of hindu philosophy denies all that .. It can be understood with a simple exp -

Mary is dreaming .. And in that dream she is mark . Now mark is walking in the streets of london thinking he is a separate individual with all those memories .. feelings .. thoughts.. And those streets of london is real .. world is real . But every thing happening with in dream of mary . Everything with in consciousness of mary . Mark is just a localized verson . That everpresent Conciousness is called siva . Its like midnight sun . Breathing , thinking , dreaming there is always this knowing .. The pure knowing .
Conciousness i.e siva is like a screen in movie theater where all the images are played . The images does nt effect the screen . Like that conciousness is uneffected and everpresent .

Nirvana Satakam in english -

1) I am not mind, nor intellect, nor ego, nor the reflections of inner self. I am not the five senses. I am beyond that. I am not the ether, nor the earth, nor the fire, nor the wind (i.e. the five elements). I am indeed, That eternal knowing and bliss, Shiva, love and pure consciousness.
2) Neither can I be termed as energy (Praana), nor five types of breath (Vaayu), nor the seven material essences (dhaatu), nor the five coverings (panca-kosha). Neither am I the five instruments of elimination, procreation, motion, grasping, or speaking. I am indeed, That eternal knowing and bliss, Shiva, love and pure consciousness.
3) I have no hatred or dislike, nor affiliation or liking, nor greed, nor delusion, nor pride or haughtiness, nor feelings of envy or jealousy. I have no duty (dharma), nor any money, nor any desire (refer: kama), nor even liberation (refer: moksha). I am indeed, That eternal knowing and bliss, Shiva, love and pure consciousness.
4) I have neither virtue (punya), nor vice (paapa). I do not commit sins or good deeds, nor have happiness or sorrow, pain or pleasure. I do not need mantras, holy places, scriptures, rituals or sacrifices (yajna). I am none of the triad of the observer or one who experiences, the process of observing or experiencing, or any object being observed or experienced. I am indeed, That eternal knowing and bliss, Shiva, love and pure consciousness.
5) I do not have fear of death, as I do not have death. I have no separation from my true self, no doubt about my existence, nor have I discrimination on the basis of birth. I have no father or mother, nor did I have a birth. I am not the relative, nor the friend, nor the guru, nor the disciple. I am indeed, That eternal knowing and bliss, Shiva, love and pure consciousness.
6) I am all pervasive. I am without any attributes, and without any form. I have neither attachment to the world, nor to liberation. I have no wishes for anything because I am everything, everywhere, every time, always in equilibrium. I am indeed, That eternal knowing and bliss, Shiva, love and pure consciousness.

Last edited:

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
What is not more than 10%? And what is
Today, modern science proves that the whole existence is just vibration. This is not my invention, it is a scientific fact. Where there is a vibration, there is bound to be a sound. Shiva is sleeping. When we say “Shiva” here, we are not talking about a person or the yogi. “Shiva” here refers to “that which is not”; that which is nascent. “That which is not” can only sleep. Thats why Nothingness is the play of Shiva and Shakti or energy that can be perceived through its working; we are nothing without them; we are the manifested forms of this energy. Energy or Shakti is without beginning and without end; may exist in either the manifested or the unmanifested state. When manifested energy acts as the source of the universe in its kinetic form, while when the
universe dissolves energy becomes quiescent.

Edit - Also The first and only God who existed was Rudra. Rudra literally means one who roars – a Roarer. They called him Rudra because at the beginning of creation it is a roar.

If you go out in the night and look at the sky, the stars are only a smattering. It is the vast nothingness that predominates and holds whatever phyiscality within the universe. Thats why I asked you how much of the universe is physical. Its not 100% not even 50 ... 10%

Its alchemy. Seven Chakras and dimensions beyond physical.

Last edited:

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag

DHARMA WINS.JPG

This is a hymn of the Great Goddess or Para-Shakti, who here speaks to Mortals, declaring her Supreme Position in the Cosmos, as the power of all and power behind all; She is the Great Power of the Universe as Speech (Vak), by which Surya or the Sun-God himself knows the Veda. Whereas Indra is the Veda vidya or Wisdom of the Vedas and the Self, Vak or Para-shakti, the Goddess as Speech and the Supreme Power is called Saraswati the ‘Essence of the self’ or it’s manifestation, hence Speech or Veda itself, by which Mortals like Manu and even Devas like Surya, receive the Veda.

She is hence the power behind the Vedas as speech, word of the Sanskrit language, the sacred language of mantra or hymns of which, without which, we would have no Veda! The Goddess is Iccha-shakti (Will-power), Kriya-shakti (Power of action) and also Mantra-shakti (The power of mantras) as also Atma-shakti )The power inherit in the Soul or Self).

Parashakti is hence the great Speech of Veda, by which comes from Indra or Transcendent Wisdom himself, in manifest form. Here, the Yogi identifies himself with this Para-shakti, as the Veda itself and hence all Revelation itself, even that to the Devas or Gods.

Indra himself and the Gods however are powerless without the Divine Goddess, Shachi or Shakti, which is the consort of Indra in the Veda and corresponds to his Ojas (vitality) or Bala (strength), personified by the Soma and his drinking of it, granting this power, without which, he cannot slay the Ego-serpent, Vritra

And now let the powerful one accept the sacred-bowl filled with milk, white, filled with Shukra' (Rig Veda.IV.27.5)

Here is the transformation of the lower-energy about of the Shukra or semen in the lower-chakras, representing the genital organs and lust, and it’s being transformed into the higher Soma or immortality through the awakening of Kundalini from the base of the spine up to the Crown of the where, where it is transformed into this immortal elixir (Amrita or Ambrosia).The sacred bowl here is hence filled with Shukra, the Divine Seminal Fluid, which is transformed to Soma in the Crown Chakra, when it is taken up the Sushumna, the middle-current in Yoga representing the subtle channel in the spine, through which one accesses higher powers, and through which the Kundalini Shakti ascends as Udanavayu, the up-moving air or breath, which has a purifying nature as a pierces the chakras and transforms this lower / base seminal fluid into the nectar of immortality in the Crown of the head.

That Shukra and Soma are both the drinks of Indra shows of the Yogic nature of this deity also, as also the Tantric connection to the two substances as two sides of the same coin. Shukra is also the ‘shakti-fluid’, and hence Indra being lauded as the Maghavan or ‘Powerful one’ or ‘One possessing power’.In the science of Ayurveda of Bhartiya Medicine, Shukra-dhatu, that is, the seminal fluid is itself also the Ojas or vitality in the body. This is why great Yogis seek to preserve it for strength (like Vedic Indra), and consume it internally only, meaning through brahmacharya (observing celibacy).

In Tantric Yoga, this fluid is taken up internally from the base of the spine or sex-centre, up through all other chakras in the Sushumna nadi or central Yogic current or channel, and transformed in the Crown of the head, as mentioned before. This is done as a process of “internal orgasm” if we like, and takes several years for advanced Yogis to master.It also shows that such great Yogis take their semen inwards and use it for spiritual purposes, by taking it to the Crown Chakra, where it becomes Soma, Celestial Elixir, rather than used for mundane and such or sexual pleasures alone, absed on lust and ego, represented again by Indra’s nemesis, Vritra in the Vedas, and also shows how and why Vritra must be destroyed, or rather, transformed. This is also same with Tantric-Yoga, and the basis of the Yogi-god Shiva as Kameshwar or the God of Love in Tantra and Tantric Sex!This is also the basis of a Puranic Story of the Yogi god Shiva, who swallows Asuramaya, the Guru of the Gods, who himself is called Shukracharya (Semen teacher) or the Planet Venus (also called Shukra, meaning also “effulgent”).

SimplyIndian

Country flag
Vasudeiva kutumbakam and Nobel peace prize. Also, elections.
Vasudeiva kutumbakam is for yogis and rishis. It is not for a common man. But somehow common man are brainwashed with this and ahimsa paurmo dharam shit. People use it without context.

Ahimsa is in mind not in action. Punishing Someone for public good is not hinsa.

Or all courts announcing punishment are doing hinsa.

airstrike99

Country flag
Vasudeiva kutumbakam is for yogis and rishis. It is not for a common man. But somehow common man are brainwashed with this and ahimsa paurmo dharam shit. People use it without context.

Ahimsa is in mind not in action. Punishing Someone for public good is not hinsa.

Or all courts announcing punishment are doing hinsa.
you are on track but a bit wobbly. vasudaiva kutumbakam doesn't exist. thats a nonsense made up by some pacifist idiots and weak sects.

that ahimsa statement is a bit meaningless. but anyway.

who cares about right or wrong. good and bad. such things are subjective.

karma is eternal. time is eternal, but only exists as long as the self perceives it to be existing. in which case, that perception is reflected as this universe being perceived in 1st person view.

so if 'you' die, will this universe exist? and how exactly can you prove it?

just pick your astras(weapons), throw out your emotions. trust your karma. and keep fighting and winning in this continuous cycle of life and death, for there is no such thing as liberation.

achieve not goodness, but greatness.

SimplyIndian

Country flag
you are on track but a bit wobbly. vasudaiva kutumbakam doesn't exist. thats a nonsense made up by some pacifist idiots and weak sects.

that ahimsa statement is a bit meaningless. but anyway.

who cares about right or wrong. good and bad. such things are subjective.

karma is eternal. time is eternal, but only exists as long as the self perceives it to be existing. in which case, that perception is reflected as this universe being perceived in 1st person view.

so if 'you' die, will this universe exist? and how exactly can you prove it?

just pick your astras(weapons), throw out your emotions. trust your karma. and keep fighting and winning in this continuous cycle of life and death, for there is no such thing as liberation.

achieve not goodness, but greatness.
U don't understand.

First
Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam is a Sanskrit phrase found in Hindu texts such as the Maha Upanishad.

2nd
Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam is for rishis who do not want earthly pleasures, and seek moksha.

3rd
Cycle of kerma will continue till one has positive or negative kerma. The moment people understand that results of any kerma is either good or bed, but they have to libe this result in this or future life, they will start doing kerna without want of result. This is close the loop. Rishis are doing it.

4t
Kerma is not physical action. It is intention behind the kerma. Punishing a killer is good kerma so result will be good.

Read gita to get clarity.

Lastly
Fighting to save sanatan dharma will result in good kerma because intention of sanatan dharma is public good.

airstrike99

Country flag
U don't understand.

First
Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam is a Sanskrit phrase found in Hindu texts such as the Maha Upanishad.

2nd
Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam is for rishis who do not want earthly pleasures, and seek moksha.

3rd
Cycle of kerma will continue till one has positive or negative kerma. The moment people understand that results of any kerma is either good or bed, but they have to libe this result in this or future life, they will start doing kerna without want of result. This is close the loop. Rishis are doing it.

4t
Kerma is not physical action. It is intention behind the kerma. Punishing a killer is good kerma so result will be good.

Read gita to get clarity.

Lastly
Fighting to save sanatan dharma will result in good kerma because intention of sanatan dharma is public good.
i don't know with what authority are you classifying maha upanishad as an upanishad.
like who the hell wrote it.
if its not a part of mukhya upanishads, its non canon, not even worth mentioning.
what next will you start quoting "allopanishad" propagated by maadar Cho... i mean MK gandhi to mix off isl/am and hinduism.

oxymoronic statement.
those who seek moksha don't give 2 F's about whether the world is one or none.

3rd, 4th is extremely debatable. so not in this thread.

just reading one gita just gives extremely poor knowledge.
gita isn't that great at all. from when did it become this official book of hindus.

have you read mimamsa, nyaya, vaiseshika, yoga, sankhya, vedanta shastras, brahma sutras, dharma sutras, dharma shastras, viveka chudamani
all the 28 smritis like kashyapa smriti, manu smriti, parashara smriti etc.
all the upanishads (only 10 not 108) are part of vedas. remaining 98 are written by some dumb people, trying to create their own religion. sankaracharya didn't even bother to look at them. most of them did not exist at his time.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
TTD Appointed Committee Of Scholars Establish Anjanadri Of Tirumala Hills As Birthplace Of Lord Hanuman

Soon Lord Hanuman may get a designated birthplace as the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) is going to present an evidence based book to prove that Lord Hanuman was born on one of the seven sacred hills of Tirumala.

Tirumala which is the abode of the popular Sri Venkateswara Swamy temple has seven hills namely Seshadri, Neeladri, Garudadri, Anjanadri, Vrushabhadri, Narayanadri and Venkatadri.

A high-level committee of scholars appointed by the TTD has established Anjanadri as the birthplace of Lord Hanuman.

According to them, Anjana Devi who is the mother of Lord Hanuman did tapas in one of the seven hills of Tirumala.

The committee appointed by the TTD in December 2020 comprised of scholars like Prof Sannidhanam Sudarshana Sharma, Vice-Chancellor of Sri Venkateswara Vedic University here, Prof Muralidhara Sharma, Vice-Chancellor of National Sanskrit varsity, professors Ranisadasiva Murthy, Sri Janumaddi Ramakrishna and Sankaranarayana of the varsity, reports Live Mint.

Also, scientist Sri Murthi Remilla, Deputy Director of State Archaeology, Vijay Kumar are members and the panel is led by Project Officer, Higher Vedic studies, A Vibhishana Sharma who is also the convenor.

The TTD has decided to declare the Anjanadri Hills as the original birthplace of Lord Hanuman on Sri Rama Navami falling on 21 April. The book with all astronomical, epigraphical, scientific and puranic evidence will be released.

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
This can not be done. You can not get rid of sanskar or indriyas. You can control them tho. Getting rid of makes people hermit which doesn't do their karm.

We should not leave karm to get rid of anything. We should do karm without karmfal ,expectations, that will break the cycle.

No paap no punya, no reason to born again. Essence is just that.
Our past Karma has its way to work itself out. We were born with a mind. Ishwara exists without any mind thats why hes free from Samskaras and eternal cosmic laws of Karma and hence is never propelled into cycle of life and death.

Whenever you perform any action at a mental or physical level or basically at a mental level - even if you watch a movie or read a book, your desires and wishes they all create Samskaras.

Ishwara never disposes , he always proposes. This is your lot of karmic stuff and thats how your life is going to be based upon your previous Karma. If you remain on this trajectory then one life should we enough to undergo the BHOGA of this Samskaras = whether its a good Samskaras or Bad Samskaras .

But unfortunate thing is you create more Samskaras as you do the BHOGA of previous Samskaras.

So you could have limited Samskaras from the past but you keep adding more and more and more. That means you have a choice to interfere in adding or subtracting.

But who can subtract your Samskaras without undergoing the BHOGAM of it ?

If you have the oppurtunity of getting rid of the impact of the Samskaras , the impact of the actions that you have created then you will remain in quite relatively a freer state.

Then you are not creating your future in the now. Past might have created your present. But since now no Samskaras are left in you , then this is your last moment buddy.

Dharma provides for the spiritual practices that help you get rid of karmic accumulations. Samarth Gurus are able to remove certain Karmic Samskaras but there are others like anger which cant be removed but can ofcourse be moderated. Bhoga cant be completely escaped but ofcourse Samarth Gurus will reduce its intensity : jahan spear ka wound hone wala tha wahan sui ki chubhan lag gyi bas aur Bhogam ho gya.

indiatester

Country flag
Tell some passages which you find woke ? And scary
Garm karke thanda mat choddena Bhai humlog ko :rofl: :lehappy: :rofl: :pound:
few examples please..
I have a old theory that essentially says entire history of world keeps going in loops. meaning whatever we are discussing today, these discussions have already happened in the past subject to knowledge of that era.

geography and culture might change, but human behaviour as a social animal does not change.
What do you mean?
Few examples :-

1) Story of Bruhaspati/Tara/Chandra: Tara is Bruhaspati's wife and is very beautiful. She happens to visit Chandra's home once and the both fall in love and she stays there. Bruhaspati sends a lot of shishya's to tell her to come back and she does not. He himself goes and meets Chandra who laughs him off and instead tells him that Brahmana's should not be angry. Also, if he was so poor, why marry someone like Tara etc etc. After a few turns, Indra gets involved and a war is about to happen. Brahma intervenes and scolds Tara and sends her back with Bruhaspati.
She delivers a son soon and Bruhaspati is about to do namakaran when Chandra comes and claims the son. Again Brahma has to come and he asks Tara who the father of her son is and she says it is Chandra.

2) Story of Sudyumna/Ila: Sudmunya was a great king. Once during a hunt, him and his entourage enter Kumara-vana . This vana was where Shiva and Pravati used to live. So after a mishap where sanaka, nanda etc muni's saw Parvati and Siva in compromising situation, the entire vana was made to change any one entering it a female.
So, Sudmunya and his entire entourage including animals become female. (S)He is sad ofcourse and is going by the name Ila. But, Chandra's son (Budha) happens to see Ila and they fall in love. Budha being a great sage, is actually aware of what Ila was, but is not bothered and marries her. They have a kid too.

3) Story of Ganga & Mahabhisa: Mahabhisa was a great king who goes to heaven. When all devatas are visiting Brahma, Ganga is also there. Then, due to a breeze, the cloth over Ganga slips and catches Mahabhisa's eye. They both continue watching each other which angers Brahma and leads to a shapa.

4) Story of Parasara & Satyavati: Parashara is a great rishi (grandson of Vasistha). He wants to cross Yamuna and has to take Satyavati's help (yes same one who marries Shantanu). But Parashara is overcome by desire and keeps making moves on Satyavati. She can't say no for ever lest she angres him and he curses her. So, she had a few conditions.
a) No one should see that they were "together"
b) She should remain a virgin
c) Her son thus born must be equivalent to Parashara (this son of hers is our Vyasa) and
d) She should smell awesome.
Well so Parashara has his way.

Like I said... super woke. Makes me think Bhajrang Dal was needed then.

Last edited:

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Few examples :-

1) Story of Bruhaspati/Tara/Chandra: Tara is Bruhaspati's wife and is very beautiful. She happens to visit Chandra's home once and the both fall in love and she stays there. Bruhaspati sends a lot of shishya's to tell her to come back and she does not. He himself goes and meets Chandra who laughs him off and instead tells him that Brahmana's should not be angry. Also, if he was so poor, why marry someone like Tara etc etc. After a few turns, Indra gets involved and a war is about to happen. Brahma intervenes and scolds Tara and sends her back with Bruhaspati.
She delivers a son soon and Bruhaspati is about to do namakaran when Chandra comes and claims the son. Again Brahma has to come and he asks Tara who the father of her son is and she says it is Chandra.

2) Story of Sudyumna/Ila: Sudmunya was a great king. Once during a hunt, him and his entourage enter Kumara-vana . This vana was where Shiva and Pravati used to live. So after a mishap where sanaka, nanda etc muni's saw Parvati and Siva in compromising situation, the entire vana was made to change any one entering it a female.
So, Sudmunya and his entire entourage including animals become female. (S)He is sad ofcourse and is going by the name Ila. But, Chandra's son (Budha) happens to see Ila and they fall in love. Budha being a great sage, is actually aware of what Ila was, but is not bothered and marries her. They have a kid too.

3) Story of Ganga & Mahabhisa: Mahabhisa was a great king who goes to heaven. When all devatas are visiting Brahma, Ganga is also there. Then, due to a breeze, the cloth over Ganga slips and catches Mahabhisa's eye. They both continue watching each other which angers Brahma and leads to a shapa.

4) Story of Parasara & Satyavati: Parashara is a great rishi (grandson of Vasistha). He wants to cross Yamuna and has to take Satyavati's help (yes same one who marries Shantanu). But Parashara is overcome by desire and keeps making moves on Satyavati. She can't say no for ever lest she angres him and he curses her. So, she had a few conditions.
a) No one should see that they were "together"
b) She should remain a virgin
c) Her son thus born must be equivalent to Parashara (this son of hers is our Vyasa) and
d) She should smell awesome.
Well so Parashara has his way.

Like I said... super woke. Makes me think Bhajrang Dal was needed then.
I don't really know much about this and was directed from your other post in politics thread but perhaps these are stories, parables, to warn generations like ours of the dangers of becoming too woke?

edit: And are you reading in Sanskrit or which language?

indiatester

Country flag
I don't really know much about this and was directed from your other post in politics thread but perhaps these are stories, parables, to warn generations like ours of the dangers of becoming too woke?

edit: And are you reading in Sanskrit or which language?
Telugu one, but it is a true translation of original Sanskrit. All the books are decades old.
Also, they were not the main stories, but segways into the main stories of Ramayana/Mahabharata/Devi Bhagavatam etc.
None of them had a negative tone. It was more like, this was what happened.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Telugu one, but it is a true translation of original Sanskrit. All the books are decades old.
Also, they were not the main stories, but segways into the main stories of Ramayana/Mahabharata/Devi Bhagavatam etc.
If they are stories that lead up to Ramayana and Mahabharata, sounds like parables for how what happened leading to problems in society. Just my interpretation. I am not yet in a place in my life to read these stories. Our ancestors were the smartest on this planet.

tommy

Do you follow Dharmamargam telugu channel.

indiatester

Country flag
If they are stories that lead up to Ramayana and Mahabharata, sounds like parables for how what happened leading to problems in society. Just my interpretation. I am not yet in a place in my life to read these stories. Our ancestors were the smartest on this planet.
Sort of a pre story.
For ex:
How Satyavati came to be
Why Ganga had to come to earth and why she had to kill 6 of her children

Segway to the main story or tying up some ends of other threads.

Its important for all of us to be properly read and equipped with our own stories. Else, we may end up being offended when some idiot says Rama had meat, alcohol etc... well he did. He was a king. Hanuman along with Angad and other monkeys destroy a vana after getting drunk.
Hanuman actually kills Myravana or Ahiravana in Devi's temple garbhagudi!!!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles