Dharmic Knowledge

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
@Haldilal
what about point number 40? I think we all are going to hell :cool3:
Chitrgupta will pase his judgment when your Paap and punya is measured. so i answered a similar question to @ezsasa do as many punya as you could. :)
And the list is still incomplete. :cool1:

Pash

Country flag
We all must have killed mosquitoes, and many many times......

Looking forward see all of us together if point 40 will be effective. :rofl::).

Any idea there will be any social media in Hell.

Haldilal

Country flag
Yaga karta & ritviks performing agni-manthana to invoke sacred agni for Yajna. Sriramapuram, Andhra Pradesh. 1987.
Eg4zbkGX0AAF4uK.jpeg

Happens still in Kerala. Also after one type of yaga the entire yagasala raised is burned down with Agni as offering. araNimanthanam, the 500 year old homAgni in Radharaman temple was established by Gopalbhatta Goswami in that manner.

Hijibiji

Country flag
I prefer Sadhguru’s answer to heaven/hell debate “Do you have any proof that you are not already in heaven and making a mess of it”.

But I am biased.

On a lighter note he says, in the Hindu heaven food is very good, in another denomination’s one there are a lot of people in white gowns, in another a lot of virgins. But if you go to these places without a body, what good to you is great food, people in white gowns or virgins?
Since i am anyway here, I will add a few lines (after realizing these things after following Sadhgur's answers occasionally ):
1) Sadhguru like many other gurus have his place in the overall scheme of things. For example, he can go to law colleges and management institutes to "educate" students there
2) Sadhguru is also a businessman who is in business of spirituality
3) Sadhguru will tell what will be acceptable to his audiences. He will NOT give all nitty gritties even if he knows them and he does NOT quite a few things

Now let us see how Sadhguru plays his words here:
"But if you go to these places without a body, what good to you is great food, people in white gowns or virgins"

He forgets to mention that in Sanatan Dharma, the food if any will be in finer form and the body will also be in finer form. It's NOT as if with human earthly bodies chaps will go to heaven/hell ;)

Pugilist

Country flag
Since i am anyway here, I will add a few lines (after realizing these things after following Sadhgur's answers occasionally ):
1) Sadhguru like many other gurus have his place in the overall scheme of things. For example, he can go to law colleges and management institutes to "educate" students there
2) Sadhguru is also a businessman who is in business of spirituality
3) Sadhguru will tell what will be acceptable to his audiences. He will NOT give all nitty gritties even if he knows them and he does NOT quite a few things

Now let us see how Sadhguru plays his words here:
"But if you go to these places without a body, what good to you is great food, people in white gowns or virgins"

He forgets to mention that in Sanatan Dharma, the food if any will be in finer form and the body will also be in finer form. It's NOT as if with human earthly bodies chaps will go to heaven/hell ;)
His methods works for me. That’s all that matters for me.

One can study and learn as much hindu theory as one wants but without self discovery through sustained yoga practice as patanjali’s yoga sutras urge, all such learned knowledge is useless save for quoting.

Haldilal

Country flag
FASCINATING WAR TECHNIQUES : Majabharata - What is Rathi & a MAHARATHI? (Mathematically) -What types of WEAPONS (SHASTRA/ASTRA) Used? -18 DayWise व्यूह(BattleFormation) Types -Why Arjuna is the Most Respected Warrior? -How Arjuna Synched such a Big Army? -Ancient WARFARE RULES? We use the Word MAHARATHI (महारथी) very often, but what it means Mathematically? Military Ranks in the order of Skills+Powers r ranked as Padatik->Ashvarohi->Gaja->ArdhaRathi->Rathi->AtiRathi->Maharathi->Ati-Maharathi->Maha-Maharathis Table below Gives Details on this:-
EVTL_1MU4AE3tza.jpeg

Some Wonderful insights from Table are- - Arjuna was: 144 Times Powerful than Yudhisthir & 18 Times than Dhuryodhana & Bheem - Bheeshma/Dhrona were Equal to Arjun - But Indrajit Ramayana were almost 12 Times More Powerful than Arjuna as he was an AtiMaharathi. Acharya (आचार्य ) / Bhargava (भार्गव) / Yodha (योद्धा)/ Ganak( गणक), Ranks were bestowed based on Military/Warfare Education. Below Table Showcases the Details:-
EVTMKHcUMAEN1hK.jpeg

A)WEAPON TYPES: Mukta(मुक्ता)->Amukta(अमुक्ता)->MuktaAmukta(मुक्ता-अमुक्ता)->Yantramukta(यंत्रमुक्ता)->MantraMukta(मंत्रमुक्ता) Bigger the Warrior , Bigger the Weapon B)WEAPON CLASSIFICATION: Astra (invocation)/ Shastra (Manual) Table Below Showcases with Usage/Examples:-
EVTMQxsVAAAg3WH.jpeg

Kaurvas & Pandavas - Designed 18Days different BattleFormations (व्यूह VYUH) to outpower other A) ARJUN WAS SO MIGHTY- HE Oversaw 15 out of 17 व्यूह Formations For PANDAVAS B) व्यूह For KAURAV by BHEESHMA-DHRONA-KARNA -SHALYA as they Fell INTERESTING INFO Tabulated : -
EVTMXSJVAAEQks5.jpeg

Military Acumen for VYUH : Example on Day6- -DHRISTYADHUMNA Formed MAKAR (Sea Fish/Croc) Vyuh -BHEESHMA Formed KRONCH (Heron Bird) Vyuh -KRONCH Spreads WINGS Give ILLUSION of a Big Army even if tail is Thin. -MAKAR Engulfs the Whole Kronch Table Below Showcases with Usage/Examples:-
EVTMpTIUYAMF1Qm.png

CHAKRAVYUH (चक्रव्युह) - The Deadliest on 13th DAY. -7 Layered Spiraling & Complex Vyuh by Dronacharya. -The Inner the layer, the Bigger the Warrior. -Only Arjun, Sh Krishna knew Entry & Exit. -Abhimanyu knew only Entry, he had listened and learned to it in Mother's Womb:-
EVTMuzQU0AA1wLA.jpeg

9/n How a Single Arjuna or Bheeshma Instantly Commanded to Common Soldiers to Form Intricate Vyuh? For Each Formation a Tune/Nagada was played on Drums , Shankh (Cronch). Arjuna is said to use Vayuastra to Signal Soldiers for Formation. Some Vyuhs during Mahabharta :-
EVTM4Y6UUAE43FM.jpeg

भारत was so Civilized that even during WARS it was important that the FAIR RULES of Dhamra are Followed -Ancient Warfare Like #Mahabharat were fought with DHARMA Not BARBARISM. Hence it was called - धर्मक्षेत्रे कुरुक्षेत्रे Table Below AMAZING WAR RULES-READ :-
EVTNABuU8AAOlPd.jpeg

Ati Maharathi needs to have Vaishnavastra also..Thats trinity of Weapons. Arjun had PA, BA but not VA. Ati Rathi very limited persons are there. Arjun was Double Maharathi. But less than Ati Rathi. The this list is not limiting, mentions few main examples.. Hanuman ji being an Ansh of Bhagwan Shiva and Bhagwan Vishnu will be higher up.. But since it is not mentioned in reference books so I have avoided to mention. Sh Kartikeya, ShMurugan, Sh Skanda is perceived as Military General for Devas He definitely is an Ati Maharathi Not Ati Rathi Pls note 1.The Slabs can have sub levels like double, tripple etc. 2.The list doesn't cover all cases, most cases from MB.

Pandit.

Haldilal

Country flag
There is no procedure or Mantras for Sati at all, for every ritual other there are this proves that Sati is not backed by any texts like Vedas, Manusmriti etc. Just voluntarily out of grief some used to do it.

In Itihasa, If someone ended their life in grief, it do not mean it's something supported by shastras. The situations in Medieval times when Jauhars were committed is understandable of course.

Eg-EvvXVoAEaetq.jpeg

Haldilal

Country flag
Charvaka school: I see a lot of people getting high on Charvaka school of Hinduism. They seem to think its some sort of a revelation, and are akin to those idiots who pick out the most obscure and failed Polish film director as their favourite to sound intelligent. Charvaka school also known as Lokayata (loka – works, ayata – prevalent) . These people believe that only the 4 elements are ‘real’: earth, wind, fire, water. And the body is formed from these elements. And just as mixing of hops, barley, and yeast produces the alcohol, mixing of these elements spontaneously produces the self/soul/ intelligence. Hence after death as these 4 elements separate the intelligence dissipates. Therefore there is no soul distinct from the body, because an existence of the soul cannot be proved.

But when you say proved you must also highlight what you will accept as proof, isn’t it? So Charvakas say, we will accept only “pratyaksha” or direct perception as proof. And since I cannot see the soul, it must not exist. Extending this logic, I have not seen the Central African Republic, so it must not exist! Right from the get-go, you see the problem with this ‘philosophy’. We know there are several methods to prove or KNOW something. I can prove by direct perception, or by inference, or by comparison, or calculation, or elimination or by aptavaykyam i.e. someone who knows telling me, etc. But no…for charvakas “what I see exists, what I cannot see, CANNOT exist”. This is the crown of ignorance.

Now since only what I see exists, and I can see doing certain things to my body, putting certain things in it, etc give me pleasure, the Charvakas see sensual gratification as the highest goal of man. Its agreed that there will be some pains when you have to go for sensual pleasures, sugar will aggravate diabetes, in adultery you run the risk of the husband/ wife showing up and skinning you alive, etc. But still pleasures are the highest goal, and any problems you face while going for sensual pleasure is compared to how thorns sometimes prick you when you go to pick roses. Which is why Charvakas motto is: take loans and drink ghee, who cares what happens afterwards (Narendra Modi had referred to this shloka in parliament also). Charvakas see, all prayer, all yagnya, all poojas, as means by crooked rishis and brahmins to con people out of their money. They have zero respect for the vedas and call them gibberish. (sounds like some secular politicians you know?) For the charvaka heaven is when you get pleasure, hell is when you don’t get pleasure. This ‘philosophy’ is as simple as this.

Now why are Charvakas so hell bent (and hell bound) on saying only direct perception is the acceptable way to gain knowledge? Because they say that when you infer something, you may get it wrong. For example, we say where there is fire there is smoke, which is largely true, BUT, its possible that someone is putting water on dry ice to produce that smoke (and thus no fire!), and you are confused. But you can see the impracticality of this right off the bat. If you have observed something 1000 times, then unless it is proven to be absurd, you have to allow for inference to be a source of knowledge. For Charvakas, heres an experiment.Wear a blindfold and stand on the railway tracks. Lets see when a train comes,do they step away,INFERRING from the sound that a train is about to hit me,or do they like true charvakas stand,saying, since I dont see it the train doesn’t exist. But there is a more elegant argument against this idiocy. When Charvakas say that inference is never a source of knowledge, why do they say this? Do they have PROOF of what they say? Of course not. So what are they doing? They are INFERRING based on whatever traumatic childhood experiences they have had, that inference is NOT proof. When you use ‘inference’ to prove that ‘inference’ is not a valid method of proof, its like saying my parents were never born! BTW it didn’t even take Adi Sankara to defeat hedonistic Charvaka school, the Buddhists managed to do it themselves. So for heavens sake when someone tells you he/she/it is a charvaka, you should know you are dealing with an idiot, or sum1 who has a big mouth, and walk away. And look around you. The entire modern world almost is living negation of Charvaka. Modern science, medicine, technology, is all built on inference, observation, calculation, elimination. Only a complete idiot will profess belief in a such an obviously wrong system.

Bhagwan Ucha.

Haldilal

Country flag
Why Hindus Call "Earth as MOTHER"? ~Is it Emotional or Scientific? ~Is it Myth or Truth?
EhHNI7bVgAA7jQm.jpeg

Pandit.

Haldilal

Country flag
रत्नधान्यपुष्पिता वसुन्धरा सुखान्विता पुण्यभूरनिन्दिता तवाङ्कनन्दिनी रमा। स्वप्नमेखलास्मृतिस्मिता शुभा तिलोत्तमा रूपनिलयामतुलनीयाममितवैभवरामाम्। धरणिराज्ञीं त्वां वरेण्यां जन्मभूमिं नौमि मम जन्मभूमिं नौमि मम जन्मभूमिं नौमि। ধনধান‍্যে পুষ্পে ভরার সংস্কৃত অনুবাদ। ছবি:- মেদিনীপুর।

Haldilal

Country flag
The Celestial Config is NOT Unique, Repeats in 25920Yr (360Deg*72Yrs/Deg) 2. We are Not a 5000 Yr Old Civilization, We are Infinitely Old , Time is Cyclical 3. Ignoring Concepts of MahaYuga, Kalpa etc=Giving up Smd. Bhagvat Gita & Veda. How Old Human Race is How Actually Species Came into being. In 1000s of Years of History, Did You come across any incident record of a Monkey getting upgraded to Human, as per Darwin's Theory of Evolution ? Shockingly the Answer is No! Let's delve in the Fascinating thread that follows.

Western Creation Date is 23.Feb.4004BC -Thats Why Vedic era is fixed at most 1500BC -History, Education&Science conform to it. -West Initially conculded Humans have been around for Few Thousand Years -But New Findings:: Humans 2.1 Lac Yrs Old & Later 3.5 Crore Yrs Old. All Relative Time Experience. Only Supreme God head is Above Time or MahaaKaala. From Atom to insects to birds to humans to divine all have relative Time Experiences. What a Buttterfly Experiences in 1 Yr is like what we experience 100 Yrs Please refer the Chart. Just Look at the Indian TIME scales from Small to Gigantic. These 24hrs, 7 weeks, 12months, 30 days/month Concepts are Ours West never had a an Orginal Calender. These Time Scales are upto what Humans can experience. Gigantic Scales from Human Till Brahma. There are Time Scales above Brahma as well, Not Discussed Here. (0.178 Second) Nimesha->Kastha->Kala->Muhurat->Divas->Paksh->Maas->Ayan Varsh->Yuga->ChaturYuga->Manvantra->Kalpa->Brahma Divas->Brahma Kaal (311.04Trillion years).

The Human Time is the Time of Solar System- ONLY Whenever you take Sankalp in Any Temple- The Purohit will Mark your Attendance from the Beginning of The Solar System. Please Read the Below Chart Can you Now Make Your Own Sankalpa? If Yes !, Please Do Post your Sankalpa here ! When we say उसका काया कल्प हो गया, Kalpa means Complete Transition. OUR SOLAR SYSTEM- -In 1st Kapa (Night of Brahma) 4.32 Bn Yrs- Annhilation of Matter into Force & Reasembly of Forces into Matter is Redied. -In 2nd Kapa (Day of Brahma) 4.32 Bn Yrs- Play of Matter & Life.

Each Kalpa = 1000 Chaturyugi Chaturyugi =4.32 million Yrs ~Kalpa (Night) is over= 4.32Bn yrs ~Kalpa (Day) running= 1.98 Bn Yrs ~Total 6.30Bn yrs. Kalpa is only for Solar System ~Total Kalpa(Day+Night)=8.64Bn Yrs is age of Sun Which Matches current Estimated SUNs life of 9Bn Yr.

Pandit.

Haldilal

Country flag
Punishment for atheists and Blasphemers in Hinduism-

First let's see what Manusmriti says- According to Manusmriti 2.11, Medhatithi translation - An atheist is a person who insults Vedas with "False logic" You are allowed to question Vedas and Hinduism with proper logic but Insults and and baseless allegations not allowed.

The punishment is that - An Atheist is not allowed to participate in Rituals, Not allowed to teach children and not honoured This is punishment for "Insulting" not only disbelieving. In Ramayana Ayodhya Kānda, Lord Ram says - Nobody should believe an atheist and intelligent people should ignore atheists.

Vedic Wishdom.

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Some Hindus think FEET is a Bad/Impure -Doesn't Bride with Her feet, Strike the Riceकलश ? -FEET is one of the Yogic Medium of Blessings other than Hand OR Eyes *recall Vaman Avtar-Vishnu Scene. -Acupressure Therapy: All Organ points reside in Feet.

That's why when we press feet of the Elders it revitalizes their Organs ~Some fraud people out of Context say Manusmriti says Shudra are impure like feet. ~Shudra r IMPORTANT like feet that carry the Load of the Society ~Without Skilled Workers Shudra, no society can exist.

Pandit.

Narsimha

Country flag
Today's Shloka from Bhagavad Gita

Chapter 3 : Karma-yoga

Shloka : 3.37

śrī-bhagavān uvāca
kāma eṣa krodha eṣa
rajo-guṇa-samudbhavaḥ
mahāśano mahā-pāpmā
viddhy enam iha vairiṇam

Translation :

The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: It is lust only, Arjuna, which is born of contact with the material mode of passion and later transformed into wrath, and which is the all-devouring sinful enemy of this world.

Purport:

When a living entity comes in contact with the material creation, his eternal love for Kṛṣṇa is transformed into lust, in association with the mode of passion. Or, in other words, the sense of love of God becomes transformed into lust, as milk in contact with sour tamarind is transformed into yogurt. Then again, when lust is unsatisfied, it turns into wrath; wrath is transformed into illusion, and illusion continues the material existence . Therefore, lust is the greatest enemy of the living entity, and it is lust only which induces the pure living entity to remain entangled in the material world. Wrath is the manifestation of the mode of ignorance; these modes exhibit themselves as wrath and other corollaries. If, therefore, the mode of passion, instead of being degraded into the mode of ignorance, is elevated to the mode of goodness by the prescribed method of living and acting, then one can be saved from the degradation of wrath by spiritual attachment.

The Supreme Personality of Godhead expanded Himself into many for His ever-increasing spiritual bliss, and the living entities are parts and parcels of this spiritual bliss. They also have partial independence, but by misuse of their independence, when the service attitude is transformed into the propensity for sense enjoyment, they come under the sway of lust. This material creation is created by the Lord to give facility to the conditioned souls to fulfill these lustful propensities, and when completely baffled by prolonged lustful activities, the living entities begin to inquire about their real position.

This inquiry is the beginning of the Vedānta-sūtras, wherein it is said, athāto brahma-jijñāsā : one should inquire into the Supreme. And the Supreme is defined in Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam as janmādy asya yato ’nvayād itarataś ca ,or, “The origin of everything is the Supreme Brahman.” Therefore the origin of lust is also in the Supreme. If, therefore, lust is transformed into love for the Supreme, or transformed into Kṛṣṇa consciousness – or, in other words, desiring everything for Kṛṣṇa – then both lust and wrath can be spiritualized . Hanumān, the great servitor of Lord Rāma, exhibited his wrath by burning the golden city of Rāvaṇa, but by doing so he became the greatest devotee of the Lord. Here also, in Bhagavad-gītā, the Lord induces Arjuna to engage his wrath upon his enemies for the satisfaction of the Lord. Therefore, lust and wrath, when they are employed in Kṛṣṇa consciousness, become our friends instead of our enemies.

Narsimha

Country flag
Krishna promises: “Therefore, Arjuna, you should always think of Me in the form of Krishna and at the same time carry out your prescribed duty of fighting. With your activities dedicated to Me and your mind and intelligence fixed on Me, you will attain Me without doubt.” (8.7)

☀Krishna promises: “Engage your mind always in thinking of Me, become My devotee, offer obeisances to Me, and worship Me. Being completely absorbed in Me, surely you will come to Me.” (9.34)

☀Krishna promises: “To those who are constantly devoted to serving Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me.” (10.10)

☀Krishna promises: “My dear Arjuna, he who engages in My pure devotional service, free from the contaminations of fruitive activities and mental speculation, he who works for Me, who makes Me the supreme goal of his life, and who is friendly to every living being—he certainly comes to Me.” (11.55)

☀Krishna promises: “Just fix your mind on Me, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and engage all your intelligence in Me. Thus you will live in Me always, without a doubt.” (12.8)

☀Krishna promises: “Always think of Me, become My devotee, worship Me, and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend.” (18.65)

Haldilal

Country flag
PARMATMA IS THE ULTIMATE RECIPIENT OF THE OFFERINGS IN YAGYA KARMA. Rig Ved 1.31.3 It says that the Agnidev is the main nutrimental force of all divine powers. When the offering in the Yagyakarma is made, it reaches to the Ultimate divinity that is Parmatma.

It reaches to the Infinite power through divine forces. Agnidev is Universal, he is in all but also aloof from us. He is internal force as well as external one. Kathopnishad mentions this. He is everywhere. Translation : अग्ने - Oh Agnidev! मातरिश्वने - For Vaayu.

प्रथमः - Main. त्वम - You. सुक्रतुया - Wish to do good deeds. विवस्वते - In the services of Suryadev. आविर्भव - To appear. रोदसी - Sky and Earth. अरेजेताम् - To shiver. होतृवूर्ये - As the conductor of the Karma. भारम् - To fulfill. असध्नो - To carry. वसो - Oh the one residing ! :महः - Of the worshipped Deities. अयजः - To worship. Explanation : This mantra is addressed to Agnidev wherein his qualities have been enumerated. It says that the lightsome and luminous Agnidev appeared even before Surya and Vaayu.

The Earth and the Sky start trembling in front of you. You are fulfilling the work of conducting this Yagyakarma. In order to complete the Yagyakarma of the Devtas,you established yourself in this Yagya. Deep meaning: It says that the Agnidev is the main nutrimental force of all divine powers. When the offering in the Yagyakarma is made, it reaches to the Ultimate divinity that is Parmatma. It reaches to the Infinite power through divine forces. Agnidev is Universal,

Pandit.

Narsimha

Country flag
Hare Krishna 💜
From 18th September Adhik mass is starting. It also is known as Purushottama mass. Austerity perform during Kartik mass gives 1000 times benefit and austerity perform during Purushottam mass is give 1000 time benefits of Kartik mass. Rest you calculate it.
How to follow the Purushottama Vrata? (Note: health should not be compromised for austerity)
1) Chant Hare Krsna Mahamantra and meditate on Krsna’s forms, qualities, and pastimes. Daily chant extra rounds: 20, 24, 32, or 64 rounds.
2) Keep celibacy for one month. (Sleep on the floor – optional).
3) Bathe daily before sunrise (best in a holy place, or at least 3 days in a month).
4) Eat on leaf plates sitting on the floor (optional).
5) No cooking in oil or rubbing of oil on your body. (optional)
6) No eating or rubbing of mustard oil. (optional)
7) Diets: eat satvik food only. Best to eat once(optional) a day after sunset or noon.
8) No cutting of hair or nails (optional).
9) Take a vow to remain peaceful and truthful throughout the month.
10) Be careful not to blaspheme any devotees, Brahmanas, saints, cows, sastras, or people who follow this vrata.
11) Daily offer dandavats to Bhagavan Sri Krsna and the Vaishnava.
12) Daily offer Aratika and perform Parikrama around Tulasi Devi.
13) Daily perform parikrama around the temple (4 times).
14) Daily offer ghee lamp to Radha-Krsna Deities or picture.
15) Daily offer Radha-Krsna Deities or Picture roses, lotus flowers and Tulasi leaves or as many as you can.
16) Try your best to please Radha and Krsna by performing devotional austerities according to your abilities.

17) Daily read Srimad Bhagavatam, especially Lord Brahma’s prayers to Krishna (Canto 10, Chapter 14), and Bhagavad-gita (Chapter 15).
18) Give charity as per your capacity to temples, brahmans, and gau Sevak(cow care taker).
19) Recommended to daily chant Sri Jagannathastakam, Sri Cauragraganya-purusastakam, Sri Nanda-Nandanastakam, Jaya Radha Madhava, and other Radha-Krsna bhajanas and prayers.
20) Bhaktivinoda Thakura: Perform the Nirapeksa Vrata, which means 30 days of concentrated, one-pointed worship and service to Radha-Govinda by hearing, chanting, remembering Their divine names, forms, qualities, pastimes. All day and night, hear about Bhagavan Sri Krsna, chant the Hare Krsna Mahamantra, take only mahaprasada

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles