DFI Wishlist

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
We've just finished a major upgrade of DFI. There will be some teething issues, but they'll get fixed. Do post any issue here

Apart from broken stuff what features do you feel are missing in DFI ? Mention them in this thread and they could be implemented depending on feasibility

PS: I'm not looking for suggestions on moderation policy
PPS: We're not bringing back shoutbox

Last edited:

here2where

1. Not able to access 'my content' (all my previous posts') which was possible with the old UI.
2. Also post count and likes/reactions received are no longer shown for members. Intentional?

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
1. Not able to access 'my content' (all my previous posts') which was possible with the old UI.
2. Also post count and likes/reactions received are no longer shown for members. Intentional?
1. Our Search Indices are being rebuilt. It'll take some time
2. They were shown on the Profile page ?

here2where

2. They were shown on the Profile page ?
Earlier they were shown alongside each post for the member. Now we need to hover the mouse pointer over the member userid to see his/her number of posts/likes received etc info. Having them displayed alongside username was better since all info was avaiable at a glance.

rone

Country flag
t will be better move from default dark flat them to something better

here2where

Additional request - if mods are cleaning up any post, please dont stop at just editing the content, also put up a banner in that post indicating the POST HAS BEEN MODERATED. One of my post was cleaned up with no indication that it was moderated, with the net effect of me being unable to recognize my own post.

:nono:

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Also, I want dark and light theme available at the main page, because then it will be easy to switch according to need.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
I do want sliding in latest replies,non political and you know others, you see with this we can save length also we must do the similar on writing page, you know click at the side dot and all comes like sliding, that will make it look more futuristic and save length.

porky_kicker

Country flag
@Indx TechStyle

@LurkerBaba

@ezsasa

@hit&run

And everybody

I want gyan only threads , it will be totally technical thread with almost zero assumption . No discussion at all.

The ability to edit and post will reside with the author only. It was act as a repository of information to fight misinformation and increase knowledge.

Any discussion on the same can be done on corresponding threads which already exists by tagging the posts from gyan only threads

Like this one which I opened , but was crapped on and destroyed by morons

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
@Indx TechStyle

@LurkerBaba

I want gyan only thread , it will be totally technical thread with almost zero assumption . No discussion at all.

The ability to edit and post will reside with the author. It was act as a repository of information to fight misinformation and increase knowledge.

Like this one which I opened , but was crapped on and destroyed by morons

Noted. Great suggestion btw !

Keep 'em coming !

porky_kicker

Country flag
I think we can run separate threads for technical analysis vs general discussion and updates and strictly stick to it.

It would improve quality and guests a lot.
Noted. Great suggestion btw !

Keep 'em coming !

This one is the only suggestion I have.

Its importance lies even beyond this forum.

I have noticed many people cannot fight misinformation on indian weapon systems on international level because they don't have access to relevant and hard to find information on the said systems on the fly .

Gyan only threads on different indian systems will be a super Wikipedia , albeit without misinformation and danger of editing by vested interests.

It will increase forum footprint but more importantly increase the ability to act as a ready to serve repository of credible information on Indian systems for nationalists who are fighting propaganda in a international level.

I suggest few peoples be designated as mini moderators ( name them what you want ) with reasonable domain knowledge who will manage such threads. Their role will be limited to their specific gyan only threads / area only. They will only be able to edit or add or delete information in their respective gyan threads .

Last edited:

advprashantbsr

Country flag
sir please add some colour theme to it ,where the name ,post etc mention it should be in colourScreenshot_2020-04-18-20-47-31-11.png

FGFAPilot1

Country flag
The different threads on the side bars ('Latest Replies', 'Non Political'.........) used to be demarcated with properly with lines if I remember correctly, now there is no divider between the thread topics. Please see if the threads could be more demarcated, if it looks bad then you can remove it.
Annotation 2020-04-18 113028.jpg

Can you see the lines in the blue encircling (they're quite faint), I'm talking about these. If you could somehow add lines like these.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles