DFI TAG-LINE contest

A.V.

respected members you might have noticed that we have certain tags thats scroll through the forum heading , we keep changing them from time to time depending on our future vision

while the DFI buZZ TEAM gives us a quote of the week or food for thought we would encourage our members here to come up with something original

currently we have if you want peace understand war-dfi which is an original line penned by senior management staff AHMEDSID.
we encourage all our members to submit their own compositions here , the best of them will find a place as the official dfi tag , remember to give it your best shot and come up with something original

best of luck
dfi staff team

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
To become successful pilot his take off & landing should be equal

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
“E’sperit de crops is vital for a good victory”

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Avji, its not completely my original, I took it out from memory, read it long back! Dont want to get involved in a Copyright Infringement case in this high tech age! LOL :)

prahladh

Respected Member
Long back I read a hymn which has a line "Composing mortals with immortal fire" which I thought would be apt here. Mortals - we members, Immortal fire - Knowledge, deduction of patriotism in us through discussions, converting us into a true universal citizen ( since we discuss issues concerning most countries ),... etc.
But I didn't mention it since it is not my "original line" and copyright issues.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
“A battle can change the tide of war for ever”

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Long back I read a hymn which has a line "Composing mortals with immortal fire" which I thought would be apt here. Mortals - we members, Immortal fire - Knowledge, deduction of patriotism in us through discussions, converting us into a true universal citizen ( since we discuss issues concerning most countries ),... etc.
But I didn't mention it since it is not my "original line" and copyright issues.
Copyrights not an issue in cases such as this rimser, dont worry. I was just joking :)

Pintu

He who never has peace understand it , best

Regards

Sabir

DFI TEAM
You have the seasons - live and prosper
The martyrs paid with blood-all our fare

I was trying to translate the lines " Zindaa Rahne ki mousam bahut hai magar/ Jaan dene ki rut roj ati nehi..."
But.....

Pintu

Great one , Sabir , really great one , I appreciate it , Kudos to you.

Regards

Pintu

To taste the essence of victory understand the agony of defeat.

Regards

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
“At the end of the day the solider fights for the traditions and colors of his regiment and unit”

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
"war for peace and peace to avert war - its cyclical, get ready for both"

-DD

:india:

ejazr

Ambassador
Sun Tzu has one of my favourite quotes and are valid even today

If you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a thousand battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.

And the most important of all

One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Sourced from the popular game Call of Duty 4

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left" -Burtrand Russell

"Never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder." -Unknown

Not really a contribution but:

"Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain." -Vladimir Putin

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Just a suggestion, why not scroll all these quotes as "quote for the day" instead of a fixed tagline?

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif][/FONT]Here are some i like , Sourced from Internet.

Never has there been a good war or a bad peace

An unjust peace is better than a just war.

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]The aim of military training is not just to prepare men for battle, but to make them long for it

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]We have never advocated war except as a means of peace[/FONT]

johnee

I like this quote, it is long but:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

~John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles