DFI rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.V.

The DFI team announces the criteria for promotions for its members.

We haved strived to keep in mind both the quality and quantity of the posts and have paid due attention to both of them when considering the case of the ranking system.

DFI REGISTERED MEMBERS

1.dfi freshers:- below 100 posts.
2.dfi senior members 100 - 299 posts
3.dfi oldie 300 - 999 posts
4.dfi icons 1000 or more posts.

DFI STAR MEMBERS[ to be chosen on quality,dedication and experience]

1..dfi stars
2.dfi think tanks.
3.dfi moderators.
4.dfi super moderators.

4. administrators.

a third new tier for some very special and distinguished members will be started in due course of time.

DFI is a premier defence forum of india but still we are among the very few if not the only ones to have its management staff from different nationalities.
which bears resemblence to our aim of providing a neutral stage for healthy discussion and debate.

1.promotion to the respected members category is independent of the nationality/quantity and is to be decided by the dfi staff team only ,no such request will be entertained in this regard.
2.we try to involve all our members in the decision making process so watch out for the dfi announcements from time to time and fell free to express your ideas/opinions/complaints.
3.please read the forum rules carefully and try to stick to them at all times.

DFI staff team.

pyromaniac

Founding Member
Possible change??

Hey guys, I have some Ideas about how to better the existing member level system we have. I know the staff is trying their hardest to mold this forum into the leading authority on Indian defense(Or at least as close to it as you can :) } So I have some Ideas as to how to make things look more professional. So I figure the first thing we need to do is to attract more members while at the same time also retain the ones we have already. It is human nature to be attracted to rewards and also lets be honest...we all like it :). Going by that I recommend several changes to the existing system(Which I have placed below).

1.dfi freshers:- below 100 posts.
2.dfi senior members 100 - 299 posts
3.dfi oldie 300 - 999 posts
4.dfi icons 1000 or more posts.

I like the way that you guys have a 2 tier system and planning on a three tier system but meanwhile I recommend that you guys tweak the existing "level 1" tier since this is where most of the members fall. My suggestion is to open it up a little more and offer more "promotions"

Okay so, I would recommend the following

1. DFI Freshers - Below 100 posts(like you guys have already)
2. DFI Junior Members - 100-299 Posts
3. DFI Full Members/ Or DFI Members - 300-599 Posts
4. DFI Senior Members - 599-999 Posts
5. DFI Icons - 1000-2000 posts
6. DFI LEGEND - 2000 posts

I would recommend removing the DFI Oldie category as it...well, it just doesn't sound Formal

I know that we don't really have a third tier as yet, but I have some Idea about how to proceed with that too. The way I see it, the third tier is supposed to be exclusive(Above a DFI Star, DFI Thinktank) and so I was thinking you guys could use terms like Admiral of the fleet, General of the Army, Marshall of the Air force as titles for these members. The way I imagine, you are not gonna have more than 5 members(If the 3rd tier is super exclusive like I figure it would be) and so such titles will work.

*EDIT* ---- Judging by what I have said you can infer that the top tier is going to have a very limited capacity. So in order to spruce things up the last two "levels" in tier 1 namely the DFI ICON and DFI LEGEND be in a different color.

I would also suggest the mods/admins to look at the "number of times thanked" criteria when deciding which member gets promoted to the upper two levels levels; especially the third tier.
I would suggest that you guys chose a handful of members who have displayed a sound grasp of concepts and then you let the members of DFI vote on who deserves to get promoted to the third tier. Doing so you guys have a combination of democracy and dictatorship :)

ALSO CONSIDER: Mods when you promote someone to the upper levels please be sure that they are not the one hit wonder kind who visit the forum once a month...instead try to promote those who visit the forums on a regular basis.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Brilliant suggestion Pyroman. You have my vote on that entirely. And I think separate colours (if possible) for the different rankings would be germane as well.

Pintu

Very good suggestion, you can count my vote for this. The idea for DFI members are best.

Blitz

Founding Member
good ideas pyromaniac it will add more spice

A.V.

pyro its a very good suggestion and since most of the members are also for it we will try and implement this.
some more updates that we are working on might interest the members.
1.graphic logo/flashwork for every category.
2.additional previlages depending on rank and title.

we already have the defenceforum.in emails for the staff and think tanks soon it will be extended to other senior members, a criteria for member promotion is already in place and it depends on the contribution you make to DFI both in quality and quantity, we will consider the opinions of all respected members in this regard.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
No offense,
But I don't see the need for such complications. It takes away the essence of the spirit of discussion. The members would be more attracted to the ranking system than the reason of their presence : discussion !
Pretty much like the rep system at IDF.

It should be simpler, and its utility needs to be clarification. Not distraction.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
^^I second that. It is not a competition, we are here for discussion.

.v0id

FOUNDER
No offense,
But I don't see the need for such complications. It takes away the essence of the spirit of discussion. The members would be more attracted to the ranking system than the reason of their presence : discussion !

It should be simpler, and its utility needs to be clarification. Not distraction.

Well as far as Rep system is concern, we can use THANKS Button. Its Good, Fast & alot easier for noobs.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
^^I second that. It is not a competition, we are here for discussion.
Thank you.
Just my thoughts...

These little things are all that makes a difference between a good forum and a great forum.

Pintu

Thanks is better than Rep system, as Rep has both + and - points,there lies a possibility that - points can be used intentionally by any member against whom he/she has enmity , therefore, as rep has some negative side effects , better to not have Rep.

johnee

pyro's ideas are really good. it makes one feel as a part of the forum, also there is a sense of progress for an individual poster when he gets a promotion. that increases the dedication towards the forum. it can attract quantity and reward the quality. very good ideas.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Well as far as Rep system is concern, we can use THANKS Button. Its Good, Fast & alot easier for noobs.
Yes,
Fortunately people ain't getting rep-hungry as they used to, and it shouldn't be an exaggeration to say that this forum is already better than IDF when it comes to the purpose of its existence, and this is what I wish remains preserved.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
pyro's ideas are really good. it makes one feel as a part of the forum, also there is a sense of progress for an individual poster when he gets a promotion. that increases the dedication towards the forum. it can attract quantity and reward the quality. very good ideas.
I do not wish to degrade Pyro's hard-worked opinions...kudos to him in that regard.

The sense of progress that you mention needs to be registered in the minds of every forummer, not in the colour of the text and fanciful words written above the UserID.

It increases the desire to post more, even at the cost of lapse in quality and sense.

johnee

I do not wish to degrade Pyro's hard-worked opinions...kudos to him in that regard.

The sense of progress that you mention needs to be registered in the minds of every forummer, not in the colour of the text and fanciful words written above the UserID.

It increases the desire to post more, even at the cost of lapse in quality and sense.
BL,
ideally, you are right. but we dont live in ideal world. humans are not divine.

anyway, your fear that the system might encourage quantity at the cost of quality is misplaced given that pyro has also suggested the mods to take into consideration the thanx obtained by a particular poster instead of just no of posts. which directly means quality is appreciated.
anyways mate, I understand wat you are saying but it is a lofty ideal and before we reach that ideal we need to do these things. once the forum is well established with quality members than we can think of removing that system.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
BL,
ideally, you are right. but we dont live in ideal world. humans are not divine.

anyway, your fear that the system might encourage quantity at the cost of quality is misplaced given that pyro has also suggested the mods to take into consideration the thanx obtained by a particular poster instead of just no of posts. which directly means quality is appreciated.
anyways mate, I understand wat you are saying but it is a lofty ideal and before we reach that ideal we need to do these things. once the forum is well established with quality members than we can think of removing that system.
I just brought forth my opinion. That's about it.
Simplicity is always more appealing.

pyromaniac

Founding Member
No offense,

I am glad you brought this point up because I wanted to address it. First off, like I said, the goal of this forum should be to be as best as it can be. In that sense we have to put ourselves past other websites including the now defunct IDF. Another thing is in IDF there actually were a lot of levels....you started out from Private. and went all the way to General , so in a sense what I am proposing is very much similar...some would say even more streamlined.

Also, I have to disagree with you on the Rep system, I think the inclusion of positive and negative karma points like in IDF would not be beneficial. The thanks system they have here is very good; not only can you take it at a face value but the extensive tracking system will allow you to look at your best posts/best received posts. Also, I have to disagree with you on the competition aspect, I mean its not like we are all competing for some ultimate price rather we are competing for "respect" and that is a very noble quest.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Exactly...
Competition for respect is a noble quest, and it is not decided by the terminology bestowed on you and the colour of your name.

It needs to be based on the quality of your posts, not the quantity.

A.V.

new rank system added for all dfi members
this thread is closed for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles