DFI Moderation to become Stricter.

A.V.

Dear Members , we always believed in freedom of speech and expression , but at the same time we have to maintain some amount of decency and quality in the forum , as we have been doing since 2009.

DFI became a rage due to the good posts and members and it because of our policy of no nonsense.

Recent times we have observed the quality of moderation on DFI needs to improve , the staff have had a good back room talk and its time for action .

Please read this message carefully its not just another post .

1> Off topic duplicate posts to be deleted .

2> Members will be warned on threads and via pms if their posts dosnet come up to the expected standard , they will be given time to correct their posts or else LOW QUALITY POSTS TO BE DELETED.

3> ONE liners are going to go as before .

4> Reported posts will eb acted upon on 24 hours priority.

5.>All members will be handed out infarctions if they try and pollute the atmosphere of DFI community.

6> Religious insult should be avoided , any religious posts posted outside the religious forum will be closed /deleted

We are not trying to curtain your Freedom we are trying to make DFI better as you have seen it before , quality contents and better information.MEMBERS will not be banned but that does not mean you can take us for granted.

ANY QUESTIONS help address this to

ACTIVE MODERATION TEAM :- RITESH , YUSUF , LETHALFORCE, DAREDEVIL , TARUNRAJU , PINTU .

Adux

Country flag
DFI should remember that it is a India centric forum, Just like a nation cares for its people and interest above and beyond others. It has to be India first.

A.V.

India First - Always our policy and will stay that way . India commands respect in every sphere in world society and we must reflect that image .

Low Quality post clearly defined on the forum rules sticky.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
AV what about hacking passwords................ i just change my password, so that it will have caps, numeric and small letters. What member can do if he found his password hacked ???

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Just report, If not happen within 24hours, leave a note on complain thread..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Attempts to derail threads with irrelevance will invite problems for the Posters.

Last edited:

JAISWAL

thanks to all mods and DFI team for doing the job wonderfully and also making these new amendments.
These will further improve DFI both by quantity and quality wise.
Again thankyou all DFI team and members.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
There are moderators for it.
so mods call will be final. right? even though the mod finds an highquality post as low-quality for his own personal reasons.? is there anyway to have third opinion? you should first set a guidelines to identify low-quality post from high-quality.

i am bringing up this question because there are few mods (won't mention name) in GeoAffairs.com who constantly bugs everyone with his own home-mades rules all the time.

of-course i know that "There are moderators for it" :D

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Please stop this LCH vs Apache types of threads its all pointless
well, we will need dedicated threads to discuss who's stick is bigger and who's stick is taller. if there are no thread to compare A vs B then we will never know which one is better.

but i do agree that bring comparision of A and B in normal threads should be prohibited. for eg, if i am posting the news like

"India will induct INS arihant by 2014"
now in this kind of thread/post it will be sin to talk about kilo vs arihant.

i hope you get the point here. now consider this post as example..if i am posting something like below in the LCA Tejas thread.

"LCA tejas selects GE F414 for mk2"
now we will need to discuss GE F414 Vs other options here. so this should be acceptable.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
so mods call will be final. right? even though the mod finds an highquality post as low-quality for his own personal reasons.? is there anyway to have third opinion? you should first set a guidelines to identify low-quality post from high-quality.

i am bringing up this question because there are few mods (won't mention name) in GeoAffairs.com who constantly bugs everyone with his own home-mades rules all the time.

Actually, we could have had Anna Hazare and his Team to ensure that DFI also comes under the Lokpal, but he declined to add it since it does not come under 'corruption at high places'. ;)

Baba Ramdev is a trifle injured because of the brutal attack and once he recovers we will approach him.

Parthy

Air Warrior
I could see that in recent days there were more threads started irrelevant to defence & internal security.. Previously, I used to read each and every thready but now-a-days I just skip by seeing the thread topic.

We should focus on threads more related to military, strategy and politics..

Also, there were more confrontations with Chinese members off-topic. Even if the discussion goes hot the members should stick to the topic... I agree to "India First" way, also we should give some room for foreign members and their ideas.. Going by these kind of discussions, it might affect the DFI quality amongst the International forums..

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
1> Off topic duplicate posts to be deleted .
Thats good.

2> Members will be warned on threads and via pms if their posts dosnet come up to the expected standard , they will be given time to correct their posts or else LOW QUALITY POSTS TO BE DELETED.
Low quality posts? What are those! Are we all supposed to write like Shakespeare, Kant or Schopenhauer? Then we would be banning individuals who cant think better and thats the majority of the world. Not all of us including me can write great quality posts all the time.

3> ONE liners are going to go as before .
Sometimes there is nothing much to say beyond a line. Empty vessels make more noise by that definition we will only have empty vessels rattling in this forum. Its peoples wish to what extent they want to address an issue.

4> Reported posts will eb acted upon on 24 hours priority.
Thats good.

5.>All members will be handed out infarctions if they try and pollute the atmosphere of DFI community.
Pollute in what way? I have so far not seen any pollution beyond what is out there in the open, if you filter that you wont have any ideas left except what you want to hear.

6> Religious insult should be avoided , any religious posts posted outside the religious forum will be closed /deleted
Why does religion need such an prevailed position? Cant you broadly term it as anything offensive will be deleted.!

We are not trying to curtain your Freedom we are trying to make DFI better as you have seen it before , quality contents and better information.MEMBERS will not be banned but that does not mean you can take us for granted.
Those people who complain of quality will never post anything apart from a few lazy drivels. So dont hastily punish active members for what some sensitive jerks whose emotional intelligence has not graduated since kindergarten. Unless it has stepped down to mere personal insults there should be no reason to merely ban or warn people on opinions however offensive it may sound. Like if someone wants to say the Holocaust did not happen or religions cause violence and we all know thats stepping into someones sensitives but yet we cant ban them for voicing their opinion! If that happens then there is no freedom of speech.

Last edited:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador

talk about dfi here, not geoaffairs, take the grievances of ga to that forum, also remember the team set up there is relatively new to moderating and people when they take such a lead role tend to be over zealous with work assigned at times, but with time they sure will settle down.

we have a balanced team of moderators here, who have experience of moderating and foruming of many years that go long before dfi was to come to its existance, and we make sure no unilateral actions get taken by any one mod, but only after consultations do actions get taken, which assures no adrenalin rush actions get taken no matter what the situation and even if such a thing happens, there remain quite a few instances where such decisions after consultations have been reversed.

nothing stops a member from getting in touch with the mod team through PMs if they feel aggrieved.

also we have an evolving process where we remain open to ideas on over all development of the forum, moderation included. you chaps are more than welcome to chip in when ever you feel something's amiss.

@topic

guys make sure no hate mongering, no matter what the nature of discussion, also no use of abusive lingo, no one comes here to be hated or to get abused, we have seen certain members go over the top a little too much and all those will be sent silent reminders, you chaps take it easy on that front and mods wont be seen too much intervening around.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

I know who your talking off! Some times some people get a god complex even for a silly Moderator job! :D

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
I could see that in recent days there were more threads started irrelevant to defence & internal security.. Previously, I used to read each and every thready but now-a-days I just skip by seeing the thread topic.

We should focus on threads more related to military, strategy and politics..

Also, there were more confrontations with Chinese members off-topic. Even if the discussion goes hot the members should stick to the topic... I agree to "India First" way, also we should give some room for foreign members and their ideas.. Going by these kind of discussions, it might affect the DFI quality amongst the International forums..
Parthy,

a discussion as it proceeds, it evolves on various aspects and as that happens it can at times take a tone that is not quite in sync with the thread starting post and that bit i believe needs to be allowed else after a few aspects being discussed nothing much will be left to be discussed.

you chaps are senior here and if you fellows feel its going off a little too much, chip in, bring the thread back on track and let others follow you chaps.

Parthy

Air Warrior
Parthy,

a discussion as it proceeds, it evolves on various aspects and as that happens it can at times take a tone that is not quite in sync with the thread starting post and that bit i believe needs to be allowed else after a few aspects being discussed nothing much will be left to be discussed.

you chaps are senior here and if you fellows feel its going off a little too much, chip in, bring the thread back on track and let others follow you chaps.
Agreed!! Sorry, one liner post :D

Oracle

Very good initiative.

I have always supported the Mod team in DFI and have found them to be the best in moderating.

Lately, I also had some grievances with Mods here, but I have resolved that through PM with the appropriate Mods.

As a poster we are impatient, but as Mods they need to read through each and every post before taking actions. They have a life too.

There are some posters, who would insult other nationalities or other posters without any rhyme or reason. I can take that to a limit, but then not always. Internet bullying is done almost on all threads, and I stop that right there when it is directed against me. I may not be civil that time, but then it is an always occuring experience. There are nonsense comments against Military Professionals too. Do I have to report all? What are Mods here for?

There was this post which I reported 3 times over a period of 5 days. Lethalforce took action, finally. Thank you LF.

This forum is so sucked up with religious bigots and nonsense trolls, that it feels as a pain to even log into here. Why bash Islam or Christianity or Buddhism which we as human beings have failed to follow? Not everyone born a Muslim is a terrorist.

And what the hell is the sticky over SB for? When I used to make fun in the SB no one said anything. There should be some amount of amusement in here, OR am I wrong? This is Taliban stronghold?

If people go off-limit, ban then from SB. But that message affects the morals of otherwise normal & good posters like Saya Sir and many.

GK & UTK - if you have issues, please forward your complaints in GeoAffairs. The MOD team may be very highly incapable but then you always can contact A.V. A.V. owns the forum, not the Mods.

P.S.: If standing up for personal attacks and abuses would mean time cut in brief here @ DFI, so be it.

Goodluck DFI!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles