DFI Mobile Style - Available for Handheld devices

A.V.

As the members have been asking for long DFI lighter version for uses on slow connections and mobile phones is here available.

Please make sure you read this post on how to use it :-

1. from the dfi default page go to STYLE CHOOSER located at the bottom left
2. open the tab(drop down menu) - choose DFI Mobile

please see the mobile style has very less features supported , no blog , gallery , chatbox , homepage and many pther cosmetic features that are present on the DEFAULT SKIN . there should be no problem sin reading and posting on the threads at anytime though

3. IF from the mobile skin you want to shift back to dfi default skin with all the features then please click on the tab at the top right title DFI DEFAULT SKIN.

The mobile skin is fast and easy to use on any mobile handset not only smart phones or high end sets so now enjoy dfi on the go better ,itconsumes very little resources and loads very fast and simple <just what you need to see while on the go >

Some features and look of the skin is given below have a look any problems just contact dfi staff they will help you out , <update to the mobile skin - it will recognize any mobile device and load the mobile skin as default while any computer the default is the pc skin>

It has VERY low bandwidth requirements - 15 times less on my site - 20K as opposed to 300K for forumhome.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
The lite version is a welcome addition. Definitely it will help a lot of members to excess DFI on the go.
Further I hope an application type software to use in Blackberry smartphones that will be a great help for me to keep in touch with DFI.
And I also wish to see a m.dfi.in type of url for better user experience for mobile browser users.
While the default theme is a bit heavy for my BBHH to operate, the mobile lite version seems too basic, I will expect something inbetween this two extremes :)
I will welcome a blackberry application just like the formula1 application that is available thru formula1.com for BB users

Last edited:

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
What for the users with mixed usage like me. At home I have 1MB speed but my cell offers very slow speed compared to broadband. Do i have to continuously switch between themes. I would really like to see www.defenceforum.in/m

chex3009

Country flag
What for the users with mixed usage like me. At home I have 1MB speed but my cell offers very slow speed compared to broadband. Do i have to continuously switch between themes. I would really like to see www.defenceforum.in/m
Very true, even i am facing the problem to first let whole page load onto my symbian browser (u know how slow it is) and then have to change it to mobile version. It would be appreciated if it has something like [B]m.defenceforum.in[/B] or [B]www.defenceforum.in/m[/B] something of this sort so that any one can just type in the address and directly open the lite verion of the DFI.

Any work in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thank You DFI.

A.V.

DFI - Vbulletin Inbuilt Mobile style is now available for all people using handheld devices , its very light and easy to use .

1> just when browsing on mobiles go to the footer below the forums < quick style choose > where it will be set as V2 just change it to MOBILE , this is just for the first time , henceforth everytime you use dfi on your handheld this style will load up

2> this is a core feature of vbulletin now available henceforth from all versions of vb , so make use of it , its light and easy

prahladh

Respected Member
Is this still working ? I can;t see the quick style chooser.

Abir

I can't see the style chooser, please revert it back.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
I can't see the style chooser, please revert it back.
It's now automatic. It should auto switch to mobile theme, based on user agent.

Must be some cookie issue for you, I'll enable the manual style chooser as well

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
For those who are asking for DFI mobile application - DFI is Tapatalk enabled. Just buy and install the Tapatalk app from iTunes, Android market, Blackberry market or whatever mobile app market available to your mobile phone and enjoy surfing and posting on DFI in much more user friendly manner.

Tapatalk Forum App - Empowering Forum Junkies on-the-go

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Okay the auto switching is not working properly at all. Will look into it. Manual selection is now enabled

A.V.

Android application is very much a possibility and we can do it even now , the vbulletin mobile suite application is already made waiting for a stable version to make it on DFI

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Thank you very much. Yes, I will explore that.

I just hope my posts do not look like a Corinthian Column. :)

I
just
hope
my
not
look
a
Corinthian
Column​
I use tapatalk on iPhone and I must say its a very nice app. if you can afford 2-3 dollars get a paid app it will have better features.

pmaitra

I use tapatalk on iPhone and I must say its a very nice app. if you can afford 2-3 dollars get a paid app it will have better features.
Yeah, I was looking at it right now. Will get the paid one.

Abir

I didn't buy Tapatalk because I wasn't not sure all the forum I browse have it enabled, I know skyscrapercity does, lemme ask the others.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles