Votes: 4 6.9%
  • bengalraider

Votes: 24 41.4%

• Total voters

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
DFI Member of November 2009

Welcome DFI members,
DFI presents Member of Month November - 2009. I hope you guys are ready to take part in the DFI member of November -2009 contest in great numbers. All members are encouraged to show their support and vote for the nominee they feel is deserving for the title of member of the month. All the nominees selected for MotM contest are excellent posters who have contributed immensely to the growth of the forum.

The Poll will start on the 1st of November and will end on 12th November 12:00AM (IST{+5:30 GMT}) after which the member with the most votes will be named as 'Member of the Month'.

Note :- There will be no change in the vote that has been cast once.

Nominees for Member of Month November - 2009

Johnee :
Johnee Profile: Defence Forum Of India | DFI | - View Profile: Johnee

koji :
koji Profile : Defence Forum Of India | DFI | - View Profile: Koji

bengalraider :

bengalraider Profile: Defence Forum Of India | DFI | - View Profile: bengalraider

Incentives to being MotM

1) MotM is consulted by the staff members on important issues and works closely with the DFI team (the buzz team - rage, pintu, daredevil, and sohamsri).
2) MotM will play a bigger role in running of the affairs of the forum for the period the member remains the motm, where her/his ideas will be applied in the functioning of the forum, and will help in the general moderation of the forum in close collaboration with the moderation team.
3) A thread dedicated for our MotM to be started this time where the reining MotM lists up his achievements and contributions to the forum and his over all experience.
4) MotM will get to contest in the "member of the year", where the winner will get to be a section moderator.
5) MotM's user handle color to be changed to bottle green.
6) MotM will be termed as a “DFI roaring tiger” for the specified month and will be in a category of her/his own just as we have DFI starts, DFI members, etc.

Schedule of the MotM:

2 days (2days): time to compile suggestions to fine tune the functioning of the forum, and suggest activities the MotM will be herself/himself interested to do (exclusive to MotM, with her/him being the sole authority on the matter after the approval from the concerned DFI moderator)
3-5 days (3days): time to implement the suggestions put forth, in coordination with the concerned DFI moderator.
6-10 days (5days): MoTM does an activity of his choice where in he gets in mass participation.
11-19 days (4 days): Moderate forum discussions/debates in general.
20-30 days (9 days): Conduct the MotM contest
23-31 days (9days): Moderate a soon to be started contest which will be announced in due course of time.
31st day : MotM to create a post highlighting her/his experience as a MoTM, the value addition he has done to the forum, which will be posted in a thread to be dedicated to the MoTMs where only the post of MoTM will be allowed.

People who are not allowed to contest:

1 MPs,
2 star members,
3 a seletcted MotMs for the period of next 1 year since they were made the MotM,
4 all nominees for the next 2 months,
5 DFI staff.

Good Luck to all the nominees.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Before i ask i would like to tell/clear that all three members are very good and conscientious with their approach while contributing views for healthy discussions. I have already decided to whom i will cast my vote.

My question is:

Is it a very democratic process as projected?

Were these members consulted before placed in for the contest?

If not, then its not very democratic. Anyone(member) interested to run for these election should propose his or her name(file nomination) freely. Members will decide by votes who deserves to be MoM, we can not force contestants into members throats.

Few rules like; Minimum posts criteria, once selected can not file nomination for next 3 months etc. will help to create more distinction.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The criteria is already in place. Ritesh will let you know more about it.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
H&R,

Good you asked those questions, and as you ask those questions I would like you and all the members to know, we are all open to suggestions to further reform the process if the need is felt, so please keep those questions and suggestions coming.

Members proposing their names is not promoted because this is in recognition of our posters who heavily make posts, threads and who earn their “thanks”, by way of their posts, so the process is contribution specific.

The criteria of picking up goes as follows:

Highest number of posts (quantity based).
Highest number of threads started (quantity based).
Highest number of thanked poster (quality based).

We make a list of top 5-7 in each category, let us say if the list is of 5 people then we give 5 to the highest contributor in each category and 1 to the member getting the lowest, then we compile the scores of all the 3 categories and from there we get our nominees.

The rule is simple, let people earn their ranks to be the nominees, it is not as if some one joins yesterday and that person makes way as a nominee.

In the starting post, NSG has clearly mentioned who can not be the nominees, and I will repeat those for you:

1 Military Professionals,
2 Star Members,
3 Selected MotMs for the period of next 1 year since they were made the MotM,
5 DFI staff.

hit&run

Mod
Thanks Ritesh ji,

But my suggestion is that the criteria of selection is very strict, That is why we have only three contestants this time. Some times a person deserving thanks by answering a post can be simply neglected cause the post was not read etc.

Numbers of posts and numbers of threads is a genuine criteria but number of thanks! is something debatable. Debates runs of the fuel of criticism and unfortunately critics never receive thanks. Furthermore by opening the elections process i mean for contestants to file their nomination freely we will encourage more and discourage less then encouraging few and discouraging many.

Warm regards.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Thanks Ritesh ji,

But my suggestion is that the criteria of selection is very strict, That is why we have only three contestants this time. Some times a person deserving thanks by answering a post can be simply neglected cause the post was not read etc.

Numbers of posts and numbers of threads is a genuine criteria but number of thanks! is something debatable. Debates runs of the fuel of criticism and unfortunately critics never receive thanks. Furthermore by opening the elections process i mean for contestants to file their nomination freely we will encourage more and discourage less then encouraging few and discouraging many.

Warm regards.
why do you think a person can not score a thanks even if someone is trying to criticize something, when a person like koji can score a thanks and get a nominee then anyone around can do both. let us take the case of energon, more or less he will talk facts as they stand and will never bend to favor anyone though he is an american indian but i have never read any of his posts where he has unduly favored india or indians and has always called a spade a spade and still he manages to score one of the best thanks to post ratio on the forum. a lot of people here appreciate the content written than be emotional about an issue, rhetoric can get an appreciation once in a while but not always.

as far as a post not getting a thanks is concerned for xyz reasons be that post has not been read, or some one was absent or for whatever reason, well that holds true for majority of the people and no one gets favored unduly here other than of course if someone happens to a poster of the level of Ray sir where one is bound not to miss his post and appreciate it.

number of contestants has been reduced because a number of members wrote in regarding the number of 5-6 nominees being way too much where eventually the contest at the end is between just 2-3 members so what you see this time is a concentrated contest where a lot of votes cast wont go a "waste".

anyways we are having a look at the way the things are going and if we feel any change in the no of people contesting has to be changed then we will certainly change. what you see is an experiment, and no harm in giving it a shot. for a thing to mature up and to get the best process in, it does take time.

hit&run

Mod
why do you think a person can not score a thanks even if someone is trying to criticize something, when a person like koji can score a thanks and get a nominee then anyone around can do both.
Koji's thanks were not higher in numbers then many other posters. Same was the case with Badboy last time i don't think he was having more numbers of thanks then many others as well.

Your answer was very predictable, whatever counter argument made in disguise of numerical and so called quality of posts, this election process is not transparent.

Let us take the case of energon, more or less he will talk facts as they stand and will never bend to favor anyone though he is an american indian but i have never read any of his posts where he has unduly favored india or indians and has always called a spade a spade and still he manages to score one of the best thanks to post ratio on the forum. a lot of people here appreciate the content written than be emotional about an issue, rhetoric can get an appreciation once in a while but not always.

as far as a post not getting a thanks is concerned for xyz reasons be that post has not been read, or some one was absent or for whatever reason, well that holds true for majority of the people and no one gets favored unduly here other than of course if someone happens to a poster of the level of Ray sir where one is bound not to miss his post and appreciate it.
Many valid points, but the bottom line is DFI is enforcing people to change their digital character and expect them to talk like politicians. I think it is better to make every thought pouring in here as HQ DFI discussion where Mods can dictate what is congenial to their terms of favor and criticism. I may be wrong in my perception to generalize this whole effort but i wont mind to take this opaque selection of contestants done in back yard of DFI as a sample to object.

number of contestants has been reduced because a number of members wrote in regarding the number of 5-6 nominees being way too much where eventually the contest at the end is between just 2-3 members so what you see this time is a concentrated contest where a lot of votes cast wont go a "waste".

anyways we are having a look at the way the things are going and if we feel any change in the no of people contesting has to be changed then we will certainly change. what you see is an experiment, and no harm in giving it a shot. for a thing to mature up and to get the best process in, it does take time.
Thanks^^ i really appreciate that you are providing your precious time to answer my *Ediotiic concerns :).
Regards.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
H&R

Koji is there because he is a part of foreign member to have a place in the nominee, again a part of reform process that has been suggested by the members of the forums themselves not some thing that the DFI staff has instigated. As i said we are open to ideas and are trying new ideas starting this time round and something we will keep experimenting.

If you think we have pushed koji’s candidature, you can check the stats for all the non Indian foreign nationals and you will have your answers without the need to believe me.

Badguy was there on his own merits, and not because of any foreign member to have a place in the nominee which has been introduced only this time, if you have any doubts on that and do not trust us mods then I will suggest you have a word with kommunist. He was one of the top 6 people making way in the criteria that I have spelt out in one of the previous posts and got nominated.

Again if you don’t believe us mods and kommi then I suggest you do the process of selection of nominees as suggested in one of the posts above starting from july when the MotM contest was started and you will have your answers.

Hope you understand the concept of certain people not allowed to contest, which means a lot of people get eliminated without getting a first or a second chance for some time to come:

1 Military Professionals,
2 Star Members,
3 Selected MotMs for the period of next 1 year since they were made the MotM,
5 DFI staff.
If there is a problem of why a certain chinese has made it to the nominations well i cant help it. they are a part of this forum like anyone else including you and i, are contributing on the forum where their stats speak for themselves to the extent they happen to be the second largest nationality that our forum attracts other than Indians/NRIs/POIs.

hit&run

Mod
H&R

Koji is there because he is a part of foreign member to have a place in the nominee, again a part of reform process that has been suggested by the members of the forums themselves not some thing that the DFI staff has instigated. As i said we are open to ideas and are trying new ideas starting this time round and something we will keep experimenting.

If you think we have pushed koji’s candidature, you can check the stats for all the non Indian foreign nationals and you will have your answers without the need to believe me.
My apologies Ritesh ji, for not being more clear, i think i am being misquoted here. I am not against this particular reform. Also i have mentioned before that all three including Koji are conscientious and healthy contributors (being a member i have already casted my vote). Same is with Badguy his inputs have always been help to push many threads forward for Ideal conclusions. I was just referring to the stats and unfortunately my quick glance showed something i can debate on these two Gentleman by ignoring the very important fact (reform) you mentioned; My bad.

Again if you don’t believe us mods and kommi then I suggest you do the process of selection of nominees as suggested in one of the posts above starting from july when the MotM contest was started and you will have your answers.
Wouldn't that be simple to open elections for every one; Interested.

Hope you understand the concept of certain people not allowed to contest, which means a lot of people get eliminated without getting a first or a second chance for some time to come:
Yes, very well Ritesh ji and i am with that as well. But what about selection of Candidates (again). Are MODS and DFI staff not involved in that process?

If there is a problem of why a certain chinese has made it to the nominations well i cant help it.
As i said i am being misquoted.
There will be always a natural curiosity in the minds of members to know how things work. The way we Implicate things help members to understand the very mentality of DFI.

I am a great great admirer of DFI but for this particular issue i have my reservation and have right to do so until unless i am not being Banned :connie_jail:.

they are a part of this forum like anyone else including you and i, are contributing on the forum where their stats speak for themselves to the extent they happen to be the second largest nationality that our forum attracts other than Indians/NRIs/POIs.
^^Precisely, such gestures can be/ are constructive but can be/should be limited as mandatory exceptions but we can not compromise the whole process with the same legacy.

Regards.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
as far this poll process being open, i dont have any hesitation with it if the other 3 mods namely avi, ahmed and yusuf are fine with it, and as i have said before, i am fine with all sorts of experiments being tried so that we end up with the best so why not this one as well.

until this poll, i was the lone mod conducting this poll but as i have referred many times before, as a part of reforms 3 more mods were added who have been named above. yes they were referred before the 3 nominees were announced.

hit&run

Mod
as far this poll process being open, i dont have any hesitation with it if the other 3 mods namely avi, ahmed and yusuf are fine with it, and as i have said before, i am fine with all sorts of experiments being tried so that we end up with the best so why not this one as well.

until this poll, i was the lone mod conducting this poll but as i have referred many times before, as a part of reforms 3 more mods were added who have been named above. yes they were referred before the 3 nominees were announced.
Thanks Ritesh Ji that was very easy this time to understand and a relief that DFI will continue to experiments for the good.

No more :fighting:. I think its time for ahmedsid to log in. ha ha ha ha i am signing off

Warm regards.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Lol!! We are waiting for the election commission to implement it at the national level before following suit.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Johnee isn't sending out death threats this time ? Queer ! Maybe he's taken to ahimsa. :D

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
Nominees for MotM not interested in campaign!!!

Flint

Where is our Chi....oops I mean Japanese friend Koji?

johnee

Johnee isn't sending out death threats this time ? Queer ! Maybe he's taken to ahimsa. :D
I learnt from the last time, so, though I am still sending threats, but not publicising it. I will perfect this art once I get nominated few more times and then finally win this contest. :D

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
In the same vein i would like to declare that my army of Ninja monkeys from the future are in the process of hunting down all my detractors with hyperspacejump capable, hovering , full spectrum stealth,railgun mounted nuclear powerd tanks that fly:D:D:D

Global Defence

New threads

Articles