DFI main website FEEDBACK!

A.V.

THIS THREAD is dedicated for feedback of the dfi WEBSITE <HOMEPAGE> HOW to improve it and what you would like to see
remember this is not for forum feedback we have separate forum suggestions and complaints thread

prahladh

Respected Member
can we subscribe to SMS alerts when new threads are opened. (Only threads, not posts)

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Beneath 'Related Forum Posts' widget we can have thumbnails (=widget width) of latest pictures of defense articles...e.g. Pak Fa, Akash... And 'Home' should be more colorful...

A.V.

yes surely photopost widget will be added the gallery is in process of configuration to the new codes only then we can add ,
about SMS i am not sure presently but may be sometime later we will work in this regard and do it if possible presently email and RSS alerts are on

notinlove

looking at the dismal participation in the quizzes , i think we can put flashy hotlinks to the quiz threads on the homepage, above the shoutbox , where the gallery pics are right now would be a good place , also if they can be incorporated on the main homepage with the articles then that would be cool.

A.V.

press the promote to article button o the quiz post you want to post on the homepage the staff will put publish it right there on homepage

gb009

When I click a thread from the forum list I go to the first unread post on that thread, but when I click a thread from the shout box (to post reply/read the reply by some member) I am taken to the first post in that thread. Is this how it happens for everyone? If so, can it be modified so that one goes to the first unread post in the thread when clicked from the shout box also (if this appears to be a better option)?

A.V.

When I click a thread from the forum list I go to the first unread post on that thread, but when I click a thread from the shout box (to post reply/read the reply by some member) I am taken to the first post in that thread. Is this how it happens for everyone? If so, can it be modified so that one goes to the first unread post in the thread when clicked from the shout box also (if this appears to be a better option)?
the shoutbox is an extra add on feature we are trying to solve the issue with shoutbox thread going to first post its an universal problem need some time though

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
The colors are UGLY!! And no more Chat BOX!?!

Last edited:

Welcome

Country flag
i think there should be wallpaper on the welcome page which should be related to indian armed force. if u r facing problem in creating and selecting wallpaper,than u can ask the member to create the best wallpaper for welcome page. i know there r many member who r good in photoshop. last night i tried to creat wallpaper for DFI but i failed, u know it require lot of training on photoshop.

A.V.

we will configure the wallpaper and some html pages for a very good look presently the forum is set up fine , check the gallery is fixed now , the homepage is disabled now will start that page once forum is set up fine

A.V.

saved the light blue for the homepage ........... watch out

kickok1975

I think we still need keep "Thanks", "Country Flag", "Report", "Comment" functions

A.V.

report function is there already , thanks coming .... and country flag coming ....... comment wont be back

anoop_mig25

Country flag
new skin is hot men thanks admins and developer for it and even site is taking less amount of time for upgrading thanks once again

Last edited:

Oracle

The Comment feature and Thank You button is severely missed, by me!

A.V.

thanks will be back as i promised in a new way comment no because its not possible in this version mobile theme will be there too

captonjohn

Country flag
So new upgrade in design? Now suggestion from a graphic designer, count below:

1. First come to header, tell me why there are search button if there are already a long search field is given below header?
2. The color looks wired and can be better. Specially this 40% grey everywhere, when I looked this website today my reaction was "Oh my god! What happened to DFI?". Stick with a definite color theme because your header goes deep blue, content goes to grey and background goes to black. It's totally looks horrible.
3. Use grey color only to separate area and play with white space as much you can. I liked the light grey rectangle below comment box containing "suggestion and Feedback" etc.
4. In comment section whole grey isn't looking good also it is messing comment and left information together. White space is necessary if you are not using line to separate content and I'll stick with color white for comment.
5. Pay special attention to spacing in sub-sections under every section, when you are not using lines then you must use enough white space to separate sub-sections from each other. Instead of this use white as background color and separate them with light grey horizontal lines.
6. If comment background can be made white then comment under "quote" can be shown under light grey box which will give it more emphasis.
7. The main problem is about spacing spacing and spacing. Add enough spacing to content otherwise everything looks messy and fused with content in another section.
8. Remove that black in page background that looks very bad. It is creating excessive vibrance so my advise is kindly stick with theme and don't use colors outside the theme.
9. Check the homepage, deep blue, black, grey, light grey, dark grey, yellow, that much color is giving this website totally unprofessional look.

In short there are a lot of things to be enhanced so my suggestion is re-work on your lay-outing. Of course this comment isn't pleasing but believe me this is NOT a good layout at all. I'm a graphic designer and already have designed web layouts so take my criticism constructively.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles