DFI LOGO designed......

A.V.

DFI LOGO is here please offer your feedback on the image and how we might improve it.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Logo is good, but the tagline is not that great I feel. I mean, we need a more apt one. This sort of dampens the mood I feel. It is good as a scroller, but as a logo tagline/...... not that good. God Speed.

A.V.

1.HONOUR THE PAST IMAGINE THE FUTURE...---------- this is my favourite for the tagline
2.understand DEFENCE better...
2.COMPANY OF FRIENDLY PEOPLE
3 WE RESERVED A SPACE FOR YOU.

here are some of my points for the taglines on the logo

Rage

DFI TEAM
Logo is good, but the tagline is not that great I feel. I mean, we need a more apt one. This sort of dampens the mood I feel. It is good as a scroller, but as a logo tagline/...... not that good. God Speed.
I second that.

To me, I find there's too much green in the logo. The logo itself has much room for improvement- the following site should help as a guideline for some alternative templates that could be used: 3D Logos, Online Collection of Logo Templates - Pixellogo

(Navigation is at the bottom of the page, there are a hundred pages in total providing some useful design ideas. Ofcourse, bear in mind that they cannot be copied since they are copyrighted. But a blend of different logos or a spin-off on something new and different from one of more of them is feasible).

If you want to keep the globe, I think as an Indian defence forum, the geography of India on the globe should be more prominent.

My more than two cents.

Rage

DFI TEAM
1.HONOUR THE PAST IMAGINE THE FUTURE...---------- this is my favourite for the tagline
2.understand DEFENCE better...
2.COMPANY OF FRIENDLY PEOPLE
3 WE RESERVED A SPACE FOR YOU.

here are some of my points for the taglines on the logo
Here's my pitch:

- "Vēnī, vīdī, vīcī " (I came, I saw, I conquered).

- " In Mars, we fight " (Mars, ofcourse, being the Roman God of War) *

- "The Wheel of Valor turns eternally" (for the 'Dharam Chakra' from the Lion Capital of Sarnath in the centre of the glorious tricolour)

- "The God of War hates those who hesitate." (-Euripides)

- "Hate not thy enemy, for it clouds thy judgment" (- Adapted from Tacitus)

- “Courage is fear holding on a minute longer” (- General George S Patton)

- "Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!" (- General George S Patton)

* I particularly like this one, being a fan of Roman lore myself. Inspirational, martial and memorable all at the same time, and fulfilling the all-important condition of brevity.

I think the others are useful as scrolling taglines that can be rotated by the mods once every so often.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Dfi - web's premier defence forum

Auberon

More than all , my fave is a quote from Hortius by Lord Macaulay - For the ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his Gods, it is very inspiring and well defines the feelings of all soldiers.

Its also inscribed on the war memorial of the Kumaon regiment at Rezang La.

The full quote is -
‘To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods ?'

A.V.

here is another version of the dfi logo

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
comments are for the first pic.

1 replace the year 2009 with defence forum of india, talking year right at the time of inception doesnt carry much significance.
2 i asked amar, what does he promote more dfi or defence forum of india, and he said latter and sighted a valid reason to that and for that the use of full form on the logo gets important.
3 color theme does not quite work out. it will be better if people know what color means what and what all it signifies and then understand what do you want to signify and then use the colors accordingly.
4 tag line should be original, please do not do a copy paste. people around are capable of much better.
5 tag line should be such that it signifies your future intent of what you want to do with this site and how you want people across societies to perceive it. think on those lines not what someone said with some other intent and please dont talk war and related stuff in there.
6 agree with rage, india needs to be highlighted on the globe and try and show all the continents if that is possible and there india gets highlighted like a cherry on the cake.
7 the blue thing that goes across the globe and dfi looks like an inspiration from nike's logo though completely opposite to what they have, and even in case it is not it seems to me that it will give that kind of an impression to others so best avoided.
8 good thing is you have not used pics of military equipment, best kept away.
9 dont mind but at the moment the logo looks like numerous school badges, some how that is what it looks to me, may be i am wrong.

cheers! :)

Auberon

*dont mind but at the moment the logo looks like numerous school badges, some how that is what it looks to me, may be i am wrong.

Heh Ritesh, you are right, it does sort of look like that, not sure if its a bad thing though.

I am not sure how you guys feel about this, but I certainly don't think we are the web's premier defence forum, though we have the potential to be there. Web's fastest growing or Web's premium authority on regional geostrategic affairs sounds more appropriate.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
To be honest, all these images look like they've been designed by a bunch of 5 year olds and look too cartoonish!!! Please... let's get some more professional designs...

Flint

avoid using gradients on the logo. It should be single solid colour or 2-4 solid colours. If someone could post the .psd I could try making some modifications.

Auberon

Well its a Defence forum, just use the Tri-service crest :-??

ZOOM

Founding Member
I would recommand Logo should have a signage of something like Ashoka Chakra which can be sourced from Auberon's Avatar, it will look really great. Since most of the armed forces do carry similar Symbol in and around their Uniforms and Hardwars.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Have the Lions of Ashoka in tri color on a Globe.

Auberon

I would recommand Logo should have a signage of something like Ashoka Chakra which can be sourced from Auberon's Avatar, it will look really great. Since most of the armed forces do carry similar Symbol in and around their Uniforms and Hardwars.
Ashoka Chakra can be sourced from Google, Tri-Service crest also although it appears no-one else liked the idea :D

Here's the avatar thingy I made just in case.

johnee

I recommend a combo of Ashok Chakra, Globe(with prominance to india) and Four Lions of Ashoka. But no Tri-Color please. It makes it very mundane and un-innovative.
My tagline would be:
Indian Defence Forum to discuss THE WORLD.......

ha ha.....
Not very attractive perhaps, but if someone can tweak the words, it can sound good. More Imp. it conveys the essence of our forum IMO.

Pintu

Thanks and regards for the Team Defence Forum of India to design a logo for the forum. A logo is very appropriate and much needed in the forum. However, there some modification may be needed, I agree with Riteshji. I think these can be done:

1. In my opinion Year should be left out.
2. It is true , Riteshji has asked Amar, at that time I was in Shoutbox with Riteshji, Amar said he liked 'Defence Forum of India , therefore, I second Riteshji on that , Defence Forum of India should be written in the full form instead of DFI.

3. A better 3D model of Earth may be used, instead of the displayed one , and if possible of this kind can be used:
(courtesy : Wikipedia)

The rotation earth can be stopped at India, and .gif file may be edited to make India more prominent than other nations. Also Ashok Chakra and lions can be used to symbolise India. Agree with RAGE and Riteshji here with that.

4. It is good that Military Equipments was not added, and I agree with Riteshji that it can be kept aside.

5. The Ring can best be avoided.

6. Tag line is good, but In my opinion Tag line should serve the future intent of the Web Site.

Regards and Kudos to TEAM DEFENCE FORUM OF INDIA .

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

Just to show tri-color not necessarily mean corny. ;)

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Shouldn't the name of the forum be in Hindi and then an alternative in English? If this is an Indian forum, then it should have an Indian identity, which I think the Hindi letters will give it. Maybe the forum should be named "Bharatiya Suraksha Charcha" and then below it, write "Defence Forum of India" as the alternative. Just like it is on passports and other official documents.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles