DFI lacks an important sub-forum!

johnee

In "Geopolitical forums", we have three sub-forums, namely:

#Current Affairs & Politics
#News & Social Events
#Global Economy

But, we are missing another very vital sub-forum: a International Relations forum.

International Relations would/could be a sub-forum to discuss the dynamics and details of the relation that exists between India and other nations and between other nations and their effects on India.

For eg:
The relationship between China and Pakistan and its effect on India,
The changes in the relationship between US and China and its effect on sub-continent,
The relationship between India and Nepal(or Bangladesh or Sri Lanka...etc)
The relationship between UK and India,
The relationship within EU and its impact/lessons on/for India.
...etc.

So, I propose to the admins that we have this new sub-forum created within " Geopolitical Forums" . For, I believe, that this is the one of the most important sub-forums that would explain the geopolitics of the world better.

Also, meshing Geopolitics and Economy is not bright, IMO. So having a separate forum for "World Economy" would be better.

johnee

Isn't that covered by Indian Strategic Alliances - Defence Forum Of India | DFI | and World Defense Watch in general?
No mate, that section, correct me if I am wrong, is about India's defence deals and pacts. I am talking about general relations, a bigger picture than defence deals and strategic alliances.

For eg: India and Nepal's relationship, India's desired goals, challenges, adversaries within Nepal, Nepal's relationship with China and its impact on India...etc.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
But that's covered too. For example, check out the thread on Chabbar Port in Iran started by Rage. It's not a military strategic alliance, but an alliance nonetheless.

A.V.

we can solve the problem this way...
rename the INDIAN STRATEGIC ALLIANCE FORUM AS-- INDIAN STRATEGIC ALLIANCES AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS and place it on the word defence watch section.

we have a similar forum titled INDIAN TECHNOLOGY AND SPACE where instead of creating 2 different forum sections for technology news and space developments we made 1 section and gave sticky threads on various topics

i hope this will serve the function if members agree this can be done without any problem

johnee

we can solve the problem this way...
rename the INDIAN STRATEGIC ALLIANCE FORUM AS-- INDIAN STRATEGIC ALLIANCES AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS and place it on the word defence watch section.

we have a similar forum titled INDIAN TECHNOLOGY AND SPACE where instead of creating 2 different forum sections for technology news and space developments we made 1 section and gave sticky threads on various topics

i hope this will serve the function if members agree this can be done without any problem
A.V.,

I think International Relations would be more apt in Geopoltical Forum. The Geopolitical Forum itself could be divided into one forum that concentrates on Geopolitics and International relations and another new forum that is devoted to Global Economy.

I say this because I think we can have enlightning debates on International relations between different countries and their impact on India. So, we will have to discuss not just India's relations with other nations, but also relations between certain countries and their dynamics.
For Eg:
US' relation with Pakistan and its impact on India is different topic from India's relation with US or India's relation with Pakistan.

I hope you are getting my point.

A.V.

ok johnee will rework to place the forum on geopolitical forums

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles