DFI Debate.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
On the occasion of our 63rd independence day celebrations DFI is proud to present to you DFI Debate.

This debate will be unlike any debates/discussions we have had so far on the forum. This will be a very professional debate, the format of which has been shared below with you all. This debate will be conducted every month from now on.

--------------------------

DFI Debate

Teams for the debate:

1). Team for
2). Team against
3). each team to have 3 members
4). team formation - voluntary. while announcing the team please let us know the team leader, whether you will speak in favor or against the motion (topic of the debate will be known later).

process of choosing the topic:

day 1 :
there will be 2 teams, one for the motion and the second against. they will get the option of three topics. the team speaking in favor will get the chance to strike off one topic out of the three, then the same will be done by the team which will speak against the motion and with this we will get the topic of discussion.

IMP - this day to be used for the preparation of the debate.

Debate Process

day 2 :
1). the team leaders of both the teams to make a proper opening statement both for and against.
2). team speaking in favour to make the opening statement first followed by the team speaking against.

day 3 :
1). the remaining team members (other than the team leader) speak again in favor or against the motion. left out each member to make a statement, it is compulsory.
2). here the first speaker will be a member of the team for the motion to be followed by a member of team against the motion and then the left out member of team for the motion will speak, lastly followed by the left out member of the team against the motion.

day 4/5 :
arguments and counter arguments take place.

day 6 :
questioning and cross questioning

day 7 :
closing statements by the team leaders of both the teams.

day 8 :
the team which won to be announced.

judges:

1). 4 in number
2). 1st a dfi star member
3). 2nd a dfi military pros
4). 3rd a dfi super moderator/ dfi administrator
5). 4th judge will be the general members, who will help the cause by way of voting for the team whose views they support.

rules:

1 DFI forum rules
2 no personal comments/attacks, or racists remarks.
3 no hurling of abuses against any one person/country/religion/etc.
4 no posting of any link, article from the internet, though you can quote others but the whole text has to be in your own words.
5 sarcasm to be avoided
6 avoid repetition of points
7 each member has to make at least one statement in favor or against as the case may be, it is compulsory.

points to be awarded and deducted:

to award or deduct points will purely be a prerogative of the judges and none other

deduction of points:
breaking of the rules mentioned above/forum rules and as per the prerogative of the judges.

awarding of points:
again a prerogative of the judges

point to be awarded or deducted: 1

points of each judge:

1). each judge's marks share will be 25% each, so we have 4 judges and all that will add up to 100.
2). judges have no limit on the number of marks they give. they can score the teams from 5 marks, 0r 10, or 12, or 27, or 99, and so on and so forth. by taking out the % the same will be converted as marks out of 25.
3). eg of calculation:
team for : 6, team against : 9, total marks given 15
the same when converted to 25 will mean: team for: 10, and team against: 15
similarly:
members give 23 votes for the team in favor, and 18 votes for the team against
the same when converted to 25: team in favor: 14, team against: 11
4). net score of each team to remain in positive figures, that remains a responsibility with the judges.

declaration of result:

judges (other than the general members) will make notes as to why they deducted or awarded a point to someone, and the same be presented to the DFI moderator in charge of the debate and MoTM for the month, who will compile the results and declare the winner of the debate.

the official declaration of the result to come from the MotM

General members:

1). They will not be a part of the debate process
2). They will take part in voting process where they will vote for teams of their own choice. this result of votes cast will have a bearing of 25% on the over all result.

moderators of the debate:

1). 2 in number
2). the concerned MotM for the month
3). one DFI moderator
4). these 2 moderators will conduct the debate.
5). where ever need be the moderators of the debate will/can give a direction to the debate.

immediate requirement:
(this process to continue for next one week starting from today)

members make their teams with an appointed team leader. these teams be announced along side they also mention whether they will speak in favour or against the motion.

the announcement of the above to be made on this very thread.

DFI staff.

PS: in case of any doubts please raise questions.

Pintu

This came as a Gift for us in the very auspicious day of our 63rd Independence day, this is really a great initiative , I am looking forward eagerly for participating in it.

Regards

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
i to share Pintus commnets thanx for the gift thakurrrrrrrrr

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
It is a great concept thakur sahib. I hope we have a healthy discussion about lots of issues concerning India and there will be no links and copy paste from different sources. This will definitely add value and will improve the quality of posts on this forum. Thanks thakur sahib for your initiative.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Guys,

Concept is of the entire team, as in the staff members, I just happen to be the one making this post.

It is good to see so many of you have liked the concept. We will request you all to form a team of 3 members each, take part in the debate/s and also announce whether you would like to go for or against the motion.

If we can get a healthy number of teams then probably we could conduct more than one debate in a month.

Our overseas/foreign national members please do not hesitate in any way in taking part in these debates, topics will be of varied interests.

Thanks for the wonderful support.

icecoolben

I'd like to be there as well. Can i join with any of u guys? When does the debate start.

A.V.

ben try contacting any of the members here regarding the debate or we will find you a team,
thanks for registering for the debate...

individual members or teams please regsiter your names on this thread remember the topics will cover a wide range of subjects as ritesh as specified.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
can anyone show me the registration form?

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
can anyone show me the registration form?
there is no registration form. just form a team with 2 more members, make an announcement of your group, with your interest of speaking in favor or against and your group could be one of our debating teams.

members who have so far shown interest:

sohamsri,
pintu,
daredevil,
icecoolben,
nsg_blackcats,
f14,
jeypore,
rpraveenkum

PS: please keep an eye on this list, i will keep updating this list.

regards.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
F-14 is locked and loded game on thakur shabb you suggest the first topic

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
F-14 is locked and loded game on thakur shabb you suggest the first topic
mate topic will be given once the process gets started, which should happen by the next week.

process of choosing the topic:

day 1 :
there will be 2 teams, one for the motion and the second against. they will get the option of three topics. the team speaking in favor will get the chance to strike off one topic out of the three, then the same will be done by the team which will speak against the motion and with this we will get the topic of discussion.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Me, Pintu and Daredevil are a team.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
I,NSG are online as a team but we are wating for a 3rd fellow

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Me, Pintu and Daredevil are a team.
please as a requirement announce your team leader and also, what ever the topic may be please let us know whether you guys would skeap in favor or against the motion.

the 2 contesting teams will be given 3 topics on the first day of the debate, and from those 3 they will pick their final topic to be debated.

cheers!

added later:

please also name your team something unique, which speaks about the character and the attitude with which you guys would enter the debates.

PS: members please keep making your groups, as i have announced earlier, if the number of groups swell then we will have more number of debates.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Introducing the Debate teams of DFI

"The Nobles"

sohamsri - (team leader).
daredevil
pintu

motto of "The Nobles" :

Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate. We come here to ascertain our freedom

----------
"Proud Indians"

F14 - (team leader).
Jeypore
NSG_Blackcats

motto of "Proud Indians":

"For inclusive growth we need an inclusive thought process."

-----------

PS: all are debating teams will be listed up in this post, so make sure you keep a constant eye on this post.

PPS: while giving the details of the team, please also suggest

1). a name for your team,
2). any specific color you would like your team name to appear in,
3). any avtar/pic that you would like your team to have, which will be used when introducing the teams.
4). a tag line/motto for the team.

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
riteshji i also like to join

Actual debat when going to start? seperate section for this?

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
riteshji i also like to join

Actual debat when going to start? seperate section for this?
praveen,

debate for sure to start from next week on wards. we should announce the dates by wednesday, also the 3 topics for discussion will be announced on wednesday.

both these announcement will be coming from our MotM Enlightened Monk.

praveen please join or form any group. as a rule each team should have 3 members each, in case of any problem in the formation of a group please inform the mods or EnlightenedMonk.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles