DFI Debate.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
As a team we feel we should speak in support of a motion. For the sake of a debate we can’t change what we feel. :2guns:
Maybe so. Thats why you had to hurry up with choosing whether you wish to speak for the motion or against.
Are you neutral on the other topics ?

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
Maybe so. Thats why you had to hurry up with choosing whether you wish to speak for the motion or against.
Are you neutral on the other topics ?
Correct me if I am wrong. The topic on which the debate to take place is yet to be decided. Now as per you the team which first announces that it will speak for a motion; will speak for it. The second team will be forced to speak against the motion. If this is the case than I am afraid it is a wrong process.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Correct me if I am wrong. The topic on which the debate to take place is yet to be decided. Now as per you the team which first announces that it will speak for a motion; will speak for it. The second team will be forced to speak against the motion. If this is the case than I am afraid it is a wrong process.
Its precisely what you just said. Do remember, we didn't make the rules, so its hardly fair to blame us for the quick reaction.

How do you suggest getting around this problem ?
Waiting for endless days to come up with two teams taking the same stand ?

You still haven't answered my previous question. Are you in favour of speaking for the motion in the other two topics as well ? If not, we can make a headway, if yes, I'm afraid a lot of hard work and organizing just went down the drain.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The rules of the debate had been purposely been made like that. It is to bring out the debating skills and also encourage research on thr subject even if you are forced to speak against your beliefs.

NSG_Blackcats

Its precisely what you just said. Do remember, we didn't make the rules, so its hardly fair to blame us for the quick reaction.

How do you suggest getting around this problem ?
Waiting for endless days to come up with two teams taking the same stand ?

You still haven't answered my previous question. Are you in favour of speaking for the motion in the other two topics as well ? If not, we can make a headway, if yes, I'm afraid a lot of hard work and organizing just went down the drain.
I am not blaming anyone here. I am talking about the process where the team which makes an announcement first got the unilateral right to speak for or against the motion.

Proud Indians has decided to speak for the motion. We have to choose the topic of debate out of the 3 topics mentioned. I hope this answers your previous question.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
We have to choose the topic of debate out of the 3 topics mentioned. I hope this answers your previous question.
If thats what you've been thinking, then read the rules again.
The topic is reached upon by elimination, not choosing.

NSG_Blackcats

If thats what you've been thinking, then read the rules again.
The topic is reached upon by elimination, not choosing.
I am quite clear about the rules. The team which speaks for will strike out a topic the same will be done by the team which speaks against. So I am not ignorant about the rules of the debate.

So why declare the topics first? Let the team first decide who is going to speak for or against the debate. Once that is announced by the teams, we can declare the topics later on.

I do not want to be a spoiler of the hard work done by our members. I need to talk to my team member may be if they feel otherwise I will opt out of the team and will let them choose another member.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I am quite clear about the rules. The team which speaks for will strike out a topic the same will be done by the team which speaks against. So I am not ignorant about the rules of the debate.

So why declare the topics first? Let the team first decide who is going to speak for or against the debate. Once that is announced by the teams, we can declare the topics later on.

I do not want to be a spoiler of the hard work done by our members. I need to talk to my team member may be if they feel otherwise I will opt out of the team and will let them choose another member.
I mean no offence, but telling someone to choose their stand without knowing the topic is even more idiotic.
So, for the third time, is your stand 'for the motion' for the other topics as well ?

NSG_Blackcats

I mean no offence, but telling someone to choose their stand without knowing the topic is even more idiotic.
So, for the third time, is your stand 'for the motion' for the other topics as well ?
I did not take it as an offence. Now if telling someone to choose their stand without knowing the topic is idiotic, than forcing someone to speak against the motion because they did not declare their stand first is also idiotic.

As per the last decision of proud Indians we are supporting the motion.

But as we are participating as a team if the other two decides to change their stand I will let them do so. So you may see a change in our team members or on our stand. I will notify everyone once I hear something from my other two members.
Regards
NSG.

NSG_Blackcats

One of our team member Jeypore has shared his views with me. I am waiting for F-14’s response. I will let everyone know once I heard from him. The debate must go on as per schedule on 25th. We have Praveen, who is interested to join the debate. So I will try to sort out things and notify everyone about our position and my status in the team as soon as possible. Thanks for your support.

Regards
NSG

NSG_Blackcats

I am sorry to inform my fellow members that I will not be able to participate in the DFI Debate. I am not opting out of Proud Indians. But I will not be with the team for the first debate. So we have both F-14 and Jeypore in the team. They will decide about the future course of action. Praveen is very interested to participate in the DFI debate. So I will request him if he want he can join the Proud Indians for the first DFI Debate. I deeply regret the inconvenience faced by DFI team.

I know a lot of hard work has done by our DFI team. The debate must go on. It is a wonderful concept. I will be in contact with Ritesh about my concern regarding the debate process. Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards
NSG

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
sorry everyone,

i have just not been doing well so was not able to give time to this thread, the delay has been because of me as i could not coordinate with anyone on the issue, my sincerest apologies for the delay.

we will have a discussion with the two participating teams, listen out to their concerns, and soon we will have the much awaited DFI debate start and start with a bang, that we assure you all, till that time please be patient which you all have been till this time and as usual we look forward to your highly valued and cherished support.

warm regards.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles