DFI Computer Programming thread

hawwk

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I came to know about Linux from this meme.

Seriously folks in class 9 are studying about MS access without knowing the context behind it.
I had to teach my nephew about MS access which i myself knew nothing about.
Computer science syllabus is fucked up in our boards there is no semblance in the entire thing
It's really fucked up we are really fucking learning MYSQL in 10th and Python in 11th. Like wth. Also to note, we've been taught ms office since we were born on a fucking windows 7 and xp

Learning bash scripting and powershell scripting should really be the syllabus. More topics on linux as it's the business standard.

hawwk

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No kernel is the core of the operating system that manages thinks like memory, CPU and other hardware and on top of the kernel you have the shell which is basically the CLI.
Also to mention every windows after ig 3.0 is being build on the same crappy Windows NT kernel

Spindrift

It's really fucked up we are really fucking learning MYSQL in 10th and Python in 11th. Like wth. Also to note, we've been taught ms office since we were born on a fucking windows 7 and xp

Learning bash scripting and powershell scripting should really be the syllabus. More topics on linux as it's the business standard.
Back in the 90s when I was in school, they started teaching computers in the 3rd grade. The first thing I learnt was LOGO language on a BBC micro computer and later in the 5th grade they started teaching US BASIC programming language.

hawwk

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Back in the 90s when I was in school, they started teaching computers in the 3rd grade. The first thing I learnt was LOGO language on a BBC micro computer and later in the 5th grade they started teaching US BASIC programming language.
oh yeah, I also remember that turtle language in 5th grade. Good days

IndianYonko

Country flag
I learnt VB, MS-Office in my school. Don't remember a thing. And till date I have not able to understand purpose of Access.

My proper intro to computer happened in college few years back. I don't know why but my order of preference is
MAC<<<<WINDOWS<Linux.
But sadly company has given me Mac.

hawwk

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I learnt VB, MS-Office in my school. Don't remember a thing. And till date I have not able to understand purpose of Access.

My proper intro to computer happened in college few years back. I don't know why but my order of preference is
MAC<<<<WINDOWS<Linux.
But sadly company has given me Mac.
Mac is better than windows technically. Since it's from the same family - linux and that's the BSD family.
VB-Scripting is useful in creating malware. Ms access is horseshi-. Better to learn Ms SQL Server. Nobody uses access.

IndianYonko

Country flag
Mac is better than windows technically. Since it's from the same family - linux and that's the BSD family.
Its a matter of preference; in college I had clear distinction windows for daily use and linux for dev/programming. Macs just doesn't feel right too me. Also comes with a guilt of overpriced crap.
VB-Scripting is useful in creating malware.
Why not use python? I think its also used with Ms-Office tools specially Excel.

omaebakabaka

Its a matter of preference; in college I had clear distinction windows for daily use and linux for dev/programming. Macs just doesn't feel right too me. Also comes with a guilt of overpriced crap.

There is no learning windows, OS is taught based on posix based flavors...for a corporate, windows rules as its AD simplifies a lot of stuff even though underneath it probably implements a flavor of kerberos. For personal use there is simply no justification to use linux anymore....its like first class vs coach class. Whats with Access? No serious business allows link access from Access into databases anymore....its a thing of yesteryears

If you are starting out, go for GO and Python and learn functional programming skills over OO.....conceptual purposes still learn C as its memory management gives you insights into how stuff works in highlevel languages. GO is developed by one of the C guys and is an improvement over C in memory managment simplifications....as far as hacking goes, understand bufferoverflows, network protocols, system libraries, drivers, boot loaders and few others....sql injection and few other major ones are low hanging fruit style and are increasingly caught pretty easily now a days by profilers and so on.

Last edited:

hawwk

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

M1 Macs are pretty nice. With VB-Script, I meant to say macros malware which is pretty frequent.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
@Code Monkeys on DFI
Whats stopping you from taking inspiration from 123GB of leaked twitch source code and making an Indian competitor? :hmm::notsure:

THESIS THORON

Country flag
@Code Monkeys on DFI
Whats stopping you from taking inspiration from 123GB of leaked twitch source code and making an Indian competitor? :hmm::notsure:
I would love to do it give me source,

but it will take time, as i am fresher in cs

so, around 8 months, expected time

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
I would love to do it give me source,

but it will take time, as i am fresher in cs

so, around 8 months, expected time
Rather than being a Negative Nancy I would say building a professional application like Twitch which is maintained by a company like Amazon may prove to be tough. You can however try to learn how to build your own custom apps by looking up the multiple tutorials on the internet.

Some helpful insight is given here.

I know this sounds a bit depressing but even designing your own login system by writing your own code rather than copy pastaing hard from the Net is a difficult task unless you want to invest a lot of time and effort into it. Most novel systems and apps require a great deal of investment of time, effort and money. You also need to have patience and perseverance. After all that you may find at the end that you have ended up reinventing the wheel rather than bringing out something new.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
@Code Monkeys on DFI
The sheer difficulty in completing such a Herculean task. It is not that a Twitch like app would be impossible to code but what about maintaining the robustness and quality of Twitch.

Remember we had a Twitter clone called as Koo which is bashed for it's poor service and the plethora of bugs it posseses to the point it is labelled as a joke.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles