DFI Computer Programming thread

omaebakabaka

I am fed up with my windows it's asking for update every now and then, is anyone else having the same problem.

I mostly just use my computer for Matlab and VScode
You may be running into challenges if you heavily use MSFT products like VS but I think they have a linux vresion now.....you should use Eclipse unless you are into .net and what not

nixin

I am fed up with my windows it's asking for update every now and then, is anyone else having the same problem.

I mostly just use my computer for Matlab and VScode
Have you tried stopping these services ?
CryptSvc(Cryptographic Services)
BITS(Background Intelligent Transfer Service)
wuauserv(Windows Update)
msiserver(Windows Installer)

This article is very good maybe this will be helpful as my friend has used this to solve that problem

Else you can run these commands on CMD as admin
net stop cryptSvc
sc config cryptSvc start=disabled
net stop bits

net stop cryptSvc
sc config cryptSvc start=disabled
net stop bits
sc config bits start=disabled
net stop msiserver
sc config msiserver start=disabled
net stop wuauserv
sc config wuauserv start=disabled
These commands will stop and disable these services which run in background as instances of svchost.exe which consume too much internet data.
The thing is actually After windows 7 versions these methods only work for few days and OS automatically enables these processes to update the system .
But these things can save your data for sure.

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

wuauserv(Windows Update)
Why would you stop CryptSvc or BITS

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
wuauserv(Windows Update)
No there's this flow that pops up evey now and then.

Also my wi fi disconnect automatically and I have to restart the computer.
Really getting tierd of windows, I think they want us to download 11

omaebakabaka

You can check if a process is Microsoft owned easily on the web....I would get rid of those horrible HP processes unless you really need them....try looking at your channel settings on router...there could be some interference based on equipment you have in surroundings or in your home

Also be very careful if you are doing any port mappings/forwards on the router to access your machines from internet....you will be guaranteed to have attacks in your logs...most are not an issue but lot of people try port scanning and get in if you aren't careful

nixin

Actually windows is shit..They won't allow you to completely disable updates..I am using Windows 10 and I get relief for only few days with only solution which I told by running those commands ,but I always check once that these processes are not running so at least data is not wasted .

Spindrift

For wifi, check and see if you have any driver updated available and also if you have too many wifi access points, try changing the channel of the wifi on your router.

For the flow issue check the response by Andrew72 on
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteb...s-sporadic-windows-freeze/td-p/6483020/page/2

omaebakabaka

Actually windows is shit..They won't allow you to completely disable updates..I am using Windows 10 and I get relief for only few days with only solution which I told by running those commands ,but I always check once that these processes are not running so at least data is not wasted .
No doubt, it is shit and can't compare to Linux now a days even at client level.....Win update is more of an annoyance but its kinda light on resources. More annoying is that spyware like Cortana and so on....I generally disable camera and microphone and then cover up the camera and only enable/open when I really need....lots of things like firefox and others schedule tasks....use autosys or autoservices program to configure your startups and other things from one place.

nixin

Why would you stop CryptSvc or BITS
Because these instances enable Windows Update Service to use data to update.And if you will disable that then Windows Update Service won't be able to use data and it won't update automatically for some time and that is the problem in versions after Windows 7 that after some time these services are restarted by OS automatically.

omaebakabaka

Because these instances enable Windows Update Service to use data to update.And if you will disable that then Windows Update Service won't be able to use data and it won't update automatically for some time and that is the problem in versions after Windows 7 that after some time these services are restarted by OS automatically.
Yes but these are important services that other programs would require....what you can do is try hacking registry but I would leave the update as it is....it is not that intrusive?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
The new weather forecast shit and newsletter are also draining a lot of data.
For someone who is on limited net these guys drain u quick.

omaebakabaka

The new weather forecast shit and newsletter are also draining a lot of data.
For someone who is on limited net these guys drain u quick.
Turn off your search index and download autoservices.zip and then see what junk is running and starting up

nixin

Yes but these are important services that other programs would require....what you can do is try hacking registry but I would leave the update as it is....it is not that intrusive?
Yes in this article
One method they have told by accessing registry but still versions after Windows 7 automatically enables everything after some time 😔.I use Chrome , VSCODE ,PyCharm and some simple IDEs only and I haven't faced any problem after disabling those services.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I came to know about Linux from this meme.

Seriously folks in class 9 are studying about MS access without knowing the context behind it.
I had to teach my nephew about MS access which i myself knew nothing about.
Computer science syllabus is fucked up in our boards there is no semblance in the entire thing

nixin

I came to know about Linux from this meme.

Seriously folks in class 9 are studying about MS access without knowing the context behind it.
I had to teach my nephew about MS access which i myself knew nothing about.
Computer science syllabus is fucked up in our boards there is no semblance in the entire thing
Yes forget even syllabus ...for proper computer science education there are many subjects like Discrete Mathematics aren't even taught in schools. In China ,Russia 8-9 grade students are Grandmasters on algorithmic programming sites like codeforces.com and atcoder.jp because they have teachers and instructors and yes of course everything best in terms of syllabus and study material.

omaebakabaka

Yes in this article
One method they have told by accessing registry but still versions after Windows 7 automatically enables everything after some time 😔.I use Chrome , VSCODE ,PyCharm and some simple IDEs only and I haven't faced any problem after disabling those services.
Yes but networking level stuff, keystores and some other things may need them. I do not know for sure though....most interactive programs are fine...brave is much better than chrome? I think some of these things, you need to run policy commands in windows to make them restricted and permanent....I try not to use windows :) or google stuff

omaebakabaka

Yes forget even syllabus ...for proper computer science education there are many subjects like Discrete Mathematics aren't even taught in schools. In China ,Russia 8-9 grade students are Grandmasters on algorithmic programming sites like codeforces.com and atcoder.jp because they have teachers and instructors and yes of course everything best in terms of syllabus and study material.
Yes, discrete math, induction theory, plane geometry, logarithms are very important and first two are prereqs in graduate level. Also teaching kids to think in binary/Hex vs decimal puts one in a very comfortable place to go for advanced studies

nixin

brave is much better than chrome?
I haven't used brave browser on desktop but in smartphone it's pretty effective against ads but sadly not against those shitty ads in the bottom most section of idrw.org articles 😂.Though I am saved by YouTube Vanced mod app and at least I don't need to see a single ad to watch YouTube videos at least.

omaebakabaka

I haven't used brave browser on desktop but in smartphone it's pretty effective against ads but sadly not against those shitty ads in the bottom most section of idrw.org articles 😂.Though I am saved by YouTube Vanced mod app and at least I don't need to see a single ad to watch YouTube videos at least.
Brave works wonderfully on desktop for most stuff in private mode.....its a decent compromise between chrome/firefox and Tor. It is a mouse and cat game though...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles