DFI Computer Programming thread

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
My field is electrical engineering so I mostly make mathematical model for electrical system optimization. For that purpose i already know C.
Python is just somethings I'm interested in.
Wouldn't SPICE be a more suitable technology for circuit simulation? Why use C?

@Apollyon

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I can help with ROS if anyone is interested in Robotics and stuff.
How would you compare FPGA vs RTOS running on something like ARM Cortex-M*?

Would it make sense to switch to FPGA? Use case is sensor interfacing and DSP.

Last edited:

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
My field is electrical engineering so I mostly make mathematical model for electrical system optimization. For that purpose i already know C.
I studied EE. Par college ke bad vul gaya sab kuch. I switched to IT and then to business.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Back when I was a noobda kid I used to look up hacks to access free internet on my Nokia 6600 phone :troll: .
That's the exact time I got interested in programming.
My motivation for learning Programming was always to get free ka mal.
:troll:
My lifes greatest programming feat is frying my cousin's computer with a memory junking virus. :troll:
Nigga still don't know it was me. :troll:

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
Honestly I never tried. So, I can't do it 😁
No biggie man!!!.

Speaking of developing if anybody is interested in developing our own search engine then I am interested.

Google's monopoly is off the roof. With the recent Core algo updates the search results are garbage. Until now they have been pushing big brands like amazon in the results but now they are just showing irrelevant pinterest posts and videos. Keeping all the money for themselves.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Sir can u expand a little more about this.

What exactly makes one app more successful than the others
Sure. There are several factors:
1. The idea has to solve a currently unsolved problem (See: Uber) or provide a simpler solution to a solved problem (See: FB messenger vs WhatsApp). Pitfall: Solutionism.
2. You need money. From hiring devs, designers, ops people. To keeping your servers running 24/7. Downtime during apps nascency = death of the application.
3. Monetization: All apps lose money in the beginning. But there should be a realistic timeline to clog the bleed. Many apps get popular when they are free but fail to monetize and die.
4. Staying ahead of the curve - once established, you should always be working on the cutting edge since there will be a thousand clones nipping at your heels. It becomes a feature race after a time and it is brutal.

This is why I find the ideas of a new Google or YouTube meritless. You can not replace either of them in an open trade environment. You will become bankrupt or get acquired way before that.

Sure they might become obsolete eventually. and you can try to leapfrog if you possess incredible foresight.

scatterStorm

Country flag
I don't have any problem with your approach but to start a project I must know the concept, Syntax and terminology of the language.
I haven't found any decent book on Python either, no book goes deep into the syntax of the Python language.
I suggest you first take the MIT course 6.001x. I took that back in 2012, its tough but it will actually help you to "think like a programmer". I passed it after 1st failed attempt.

However, I would strongly urge you to use Python docs straight. Its quick and simple. Docs use language that take "problem solving". Textbooks will teach you to learn the language only.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Power System Modelling?

Wouldn't SPICE be a more suitable technology for circuit simulation? Why use C?

@Apollyon
SPICE is not a programming language.
For Circuit Simulation we mostly use GUI based programs like LTspice (Free, by Analog Devices), TINA (Free, by Texas Instruments), OrCAD (Paid, Cadence), Multisim (Paid, NI), etc.

MATLAB also has Power Systems/Electronics Toolbox. This can also be used to design closed loop controller using Control System Toolbox for Power converters and Drives.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Power System Modelling
I haven't worked on something that is explicitly my own, all my works are under my professor's.
I have worked on automatic power stabalization model for Rural areas where consumption can go from 10 to 100 real quick.
Also woked on small scale smart grid and Home automation.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
@tarunraju always wanted to ask u these questions

1) What kind of prerequisites are needed to work in semiconductor industry.
2) Can a engineer be trained to enter Semiconductor industy without any deep knowledge of semiconductor technology like we do in case of many industries.
3) What kind of job do we do in a Semi FAB

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
How would you compare FPGA vs RTOS running of something like ARM Cortex-M*?

Would it make sense to switch to FPGA? Use case is sensor interfacing and DSP.
Sir Ji I meant Robot Operating System and not Real Time Operating System. CS background.

In my case EE guys were assigned Cortex M4 boards while we CS nibbas were assigned Intel NUC.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
@tarunraju always wanted to ask u these questions

1) What kind of prerequisites are needed to work in semiconductor industry.
2) Can a engineer be trained to enter Semiconductor industy without any deep knowledge of semiconductor technology like we do in case of many industries.
3) What kind of job do we do in a Semi FAB
ECE from a good college (at least an NIT, if you can't make it to BITS or IITs) or at least you should be the upper crust of your tech university, M.Tech in microelectronics and LSI/VLSI/xLSI, with a nice dissertation. These days materials and miniaturization of FETs are all the rage, as fabs are running into problems under 5 nanometer that only material science can bail them out of.

Then you need to apprentice at a nice foreign company like GlobalFoundries, UMC, STMicroelectronics, IBM, etc. While there are no fabs, Intel runs some semiconductor internship programs in Bangalore. Don't bother with CSIR institutes, ECIL, etc. They're dinosaurs stuck in the 1980s, still printing toilet papers for money.

You must also get certifications in related things such as FPGA programming, because much of the IC design these days is simulating your ASIC design on FPGAs before manufacturing them.

The farthest you can go (and the most money you can make) in electronics if you're from a software background is if you can specialize in firmware and microcode programming.

The Ultranationalist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am a SAS programmer and currently learning tableau. Next i will learn R and my goal is to become a data analyst. But the problem is i am from a non mathematics/statistics background and understanding and implementing statistical models is difficult for me. Any advice for me?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I am a SAS programmer and currently learning tableau. Next i will learn R and my goal is to become a data analyst. But the problem is i am from a non mathematics/statistics background and understanding and implementing statistical models is difficult for me. Any advice for me?
Sir u had math uptil 12th right?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles