DFI Computer Programming thread

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Is there any such work going on in India right now?
There was work being done of it around 2014-2015 when Chatbots became a rage. I think most of the problems are already solved (see Alexa, Cortana).

Prediction is a whole another beast altogether.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
Reason for the success of those applications is not their technical aspects, but their business model and financial backing. You could make a 100 clones and none of them will get a millionth of the userbase any of those apps have. Only you will run out of money with increasing server costs and marketing. Then the app dies.
Indeed once one unique business strategy goes out only the first one or the ones intertwined with it gets success. I remember when fiverr was big hit. Many tried to copy or duplicate it but none of them succeed.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Build a mobile platform to replace Zoom and Tik-Tok. That should be purpose of this thread.
  1. Zoom is not a Chinese app. Its American
  2. ShareChat (Indian startup) is probably similar to TikTok ? I've not used it but it seems to be massively popular in the smaller cities and towns. It has some Chinese investors though, but not majority.

Kumata

Country flag
  1. Zoom is not a Chinese app. Its American
Zoom might be american for legal reason but i heard it;s headed by a US citizen of chinese origin... There is a reason why chinese are not successful in silicon valley while indians rule there... It's the mistrust that chinese have build over time which don't let them reach pinnacle ..

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
I don't have any problem with your approach but to start a project I must know the concept, Syntax and terminology of the language.
I haven't found any decent book on Python either, no book goes deep into the syntax of the Python language.
Python is super easy. Syntax is almost english. Think of a simple project idea and go for it.

Eg project idea: a tool which can print alternatives to Chinese products for day to day life :troll: Start off with simple command line program. Then this can be made progressively complex by having a Web UI and user input

varun9509

Country flag
Python is super easy. Syntax is almost english. Think of a simple project idea and go for it.

Eg project idea: a tool which can print alternatives to Chinese products for day to day life :troll: Start off with simple command line program. Then this can be made progressively complex by having a Web UI and user input
I'm going god mode, learning web dev in Rust :devil:.

Kumata

Country flag

I work in DC Infra space... and for folks like us used to humming of fans under the ear, Python is like trying to make a buffalo dance.. Perhaps Age catching up with me...

I typically prefer powershell ... not sure how easy its compared to python.. Also one thing i realised is that u need to keep in touch constantly to keep that learning curve.. I left Powershell for almost 2 years ( moved into mgmt position) and after 2 years, I was scratching my head for even basics as well...

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Zoom might be american for legal reason but i heard it;s headed by a US citizen of chinese origin... There is a reason why chinese are not successful in silicon valley while indians rule there... It's the mistrust that chinese have build over time which don't let them reach pinnacle ..
(Litttle offtopic)
Founder is Chinese American.

I wouldn't say its mistrust, but more of a cultural thing due to Confucian influence which also applies to Japanese and Koreans. East Asians make great engineers but struggle at people management.

Good article on this https://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/newsr...-are-underrepresented-in-leadership-positions

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Kumata

Country flag
(Litttle offtopic)
Founder is Chinese American.

I wouldn't say its mistrust, but more of a cultural thing due to Confucian influence which also applies to Japanese and Koreans. East Asians make great engineers but struggle at people management.

Good article on this https://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/newsr...-are-underrepresented-in-leadership-positions
this is what i mean

IP theft .... we all know how chinese have build themselves....silicon valley do not need people managers... they need enggineers....

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
so what are the characteristics of us Indians, by same metrics? Any studies on that?
Some of it's there in the article. Generally, Indians are assertive, can market themselves well and play politics just as well as their white counterparts. East Asians due to Confucian influence don't like speaking up and/or standing out.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
What's your use case ? You want to learn python for math/data science or making a website/apis ?
My field is electrical engineering so I mostly make mathematical model for electrical system optimization. For that purpose i already know C.
Python is just somethings I'm interested in.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles