DFI Computer Programming thread

hawwk

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
#1 rule, do not trust or anyone on forums including Hawk, apply your discretion and do not download from unofficial sources and always compare the signatures....even with doing all this you still have intentional vulnerabilities that are introduced or hidden on purpose....this is where larger community and governments invest money and time like China, Russia and US. Most hacks are due to idiot admins, bad configurations (too complex and too many options), lack of knowledge end to end or understanding weakest links concept and finally insider compromises....last one is very predominant now. Most products now are hard to break without an idiotic implementation
Ofc yes main protocol is to remain undercover and reveal as least identity as possible. You don't who I am and I don't know who you are.
As for the hacking goes, Practice and use it illegally or legally, I don't care.
Agr desh ka bhala ho toh illegally bhi try krlo mera kya 😉

omaebakabaka

Is it possible to install spyware on Windows without the user knowing about it or the OS detecting it.
Yes it is very possible although Microsoft has come a long way recently....for instance you can install lot of programs now in User privilege vs requiring admin access but if you install anything that is from questionable source and enter admin space to install it then the OS may detect if its a signature that is in its catalogue if not its very well can get through without being detected, if you are linux and can take some pain then always use SELinux....it works really well

hawwk

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes it is very possible although Microsoft has come a long way recently....for instance you can install lot of programs now in User privilege vs requiring admin access but if you install anything that is from questionable source and enter admin space to install it then the OS may detect if its a signature that is in its catalogue if not its very well can get through without being detected, if you are linux and can take some pain then always use SELinux....it works really well
It's not about Windows. Most of the servers around the globe run on linux. Windows is no where near in stability as linux is on it's rock hard kernel and memory management. Most of the Windows exploits (Eternal Blue) works on memory and often times results in BSODs'. I don't even use Windows as my main or daily driver os. It's pathetic and unstable

Spindrift

Is it possible to install spyware on Windows without the user knowing about it or the OS detecting it.
What information do you want to get from the computer? for example, if you just want to get the username and password for a facebook account of someone using that computer and you also have access to the computer, you can install a key logger. You can find code for a lot of simple key loggers online in C, you inspect the code, compile it test it and install it.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
It's not about Windows. Most of the servers around the globe run on linux. Windows is no where near in stability as linux is on it's rock hard kernel and memory management. Most of the Windows exploits (Eternal Blue) works on memory and often times results in BSODs'. I don't even use Windows as my main or daily driver os. It's pathetic and unstable
Isn't Linux based on Command interface?
Wouldn't it be hard for u to use it for regular stuff

hawwk

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What information do you want to get from the computer? for example, if you just want to get the username and password for a facebook account of someone using that computer and you also have access to the computer, you can install a key logger. You can find code for a lot of simple key loggers online in C, you inspect the code, compile it test it and install it.
You have to manually code key-loggers. All keylogging projects on github and stuff are easily detectable on every os whether it's Windows or Linux, Mac. Metaploit payload generator like msfvenom won't also work because they are very noisy.

omaebakabaka

This is actually wrong assumption, windows still had good market share in server space and I am surprised about it too....workstations still are mostly windows and that is why it is important to understand weakest link vulnerability, security is a whole thing. A compromised workstation is usually the launchpad to broader setups....

Haven't used windows in 7 years other than work laptop....it feels ancient after using Linux

hawwk

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Isn't Linux based on Command interface?
Wouldn't it be hard for u to use it for regular stuff
Not at all lol! You can make it into GUI by installing KDE, XFCE or GNOME desktop environments. Yes when I use kali or parrot in vm. I don't care about GUI as long as there is a terminal.
Wanna see how my linux looks like?
1624627295122.png

hawwk

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Use minimal kernel dist and you can use gnome....it is a very light setup and wont feel you missing much coming from Windows
Highly disagree, Gnome is horseshi-. Use KDE, XFCE (lightweight) or MATE. Window Managers are also good. I've used BSPWM and I3WM in past on my Arch

omaebakabaka

So the kernel here we are talking about is the CLI and minimal Kernel means minimum CLI.
Can we say that Command Prompt directly interacts with Kernel even on windows?
Kernel is the core that generally contains components like filesystem stuff, networking and drivers and so on and even they are modularized now, so you can actually build your own from source if you know to minimize the size but there are minimal distributions vs bloats like Ubuntu....if you do not need lot of services then minimal is more than enough and you can install libraries from repos as you need them. I personally like gnome as its incredibly simple and keeps the views clean. Centos and Redhat and debian are bloadted on the server side and ubuntu is on the client side but you get more support online with these vs some other dist.

CLI is just a program like cmd on windows to interact with OS components....windows is somewhat monolithic in nature and not structurally as good vs Linux. You can use containers now to minimize some risks or linux kvms now to reduce your risks...linux cgroups were the best thing that happened in this space to remove the vmware like bloats

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I am fed up with my windows it's asking for update every now and then, is anyone else having the same problem.

I mostly just use my computer for Matlab and VScode

Spindrift

So the kernel here we are talking about is the CLI and minimal Kernel means minimum CLI.
Can we say that Command Prompt directly interacts with Kernel even on windows?
No kernel is the core of the operating system that manages thinks like memory, CPU and other hardware and on top of the kernel you have the shell which is basically the CLI.

omaebakabaka

Highly disagree, Gnome is horseshi-. Use KDE, XFCE (lightweight) or MATE. Window Managers are also good. I've used BSPWM and I3WM in past on my Arch
Ha ha, every gui has its fans and I like it because it does not change much and the search mostly handles just about everything. I am used to it for a long long time now

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles