DFI cited in CAG report on LCA

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Happy to inform that DFI has been cited in the CAG report on LCA submitted to Parliament. It was a picture posted by our moderator @Kunal Biswas

Well done to all the members who have patronized DFI over the years to make it the premier defence forum in India. It is our responsibility to post carefully as the high and mighty are following us and take us seriously.

sob

Mod
Country flag
So people are looking at DFI for some in depth information. Good work. @Yusuf can you put the image here.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
@Yusuf @Kunal Biswas @Ray and all
First of all congrats to all.....
Secondly I have read a brief portion of report
LCA Mark-I, which achieved Initial Operational Clearance (December 2013) has significant shortfalls (53 permanent waivers/concessions) in meeting the ASR as a result of which, it will have reduced operational capabilities and reduced survivability, thereby limiting its operational employability when inducted into IAF squadrons. Shortcomings in LCA Mark-I (increased weight, reduced internal fuel capacity, non-compliance of fuel system protection, pilot protection from front, reduced speed) were expected to be overcome by development of LCA Mark-II, an aircraft with lower weight and a higher thrust engine which is expected to meet the ASR, had been taken up by ADA in November 2009 and is scheduled for completion by December 2018. (Para 2.3)

I know there are a lot of short comings but they are not stated the reasons behind the same.
I am earlier report they have mentioned that IAF has lead to a few of these shortfalls but I was not able to find such reference here.
Here they have critised Tejas (True in many aspects ) but they have failed to show the benefits or the good parts.

I do trust CAG but are they being one sided here or have i missed to read some section?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Stuck the thread [emoji12] otherwise it would have got buried in the tons of threads.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles