Developing A Rural Economic Model To Make Villages Rich And Prosperous

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
  1. In an interesting development, I got one bore well done on one of my land. It got huge quantity of water. There are some guys in villages who finds out where the underground water is. This is a great technique. They roams on your land finds out where the underground water is from the movement of coconut. This will help me to irrigate about 12.5 lakh Sq ft of land. People are willing to partner in farming provided somebody has water. The land where I have decided to plant grass has some uncultivated land on back side where I am going to plant timber and fruit trees. This will be my first such venture which will give me a lots of exposure in making fruit forest. I can plant atleast 2000 trees of fruits and timber there. From one year onward, they should give me atleast 2/3 lakh Rs

of fruits. Once I learn this properly, I should be able to replicate it on large scale on my other lands.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Hi guys,

My huge quantity of crop is ready for harvesting. Harvesting in one wheat farm has already begun. I took some 90K Sq ft land on long lease yesterday. My tabela will come there. 3/4 days back, I had taken some 70 K Sq ft land on lease. I am going to plant lots of fruit trees there with a method which may be called the scaled down method of miyawaki.
Numbers of farmers contact me and offers their farm for farming on partnership basis. One old lady , who had given her farm for farming is very happy. She calculated that she will get some 50k Rs out of the share of her crop. She said that she never got such a huge amount of money out of farming even in her life. People are rushing to partner with me. They are contacting my boys to cultivate their farms on partnership basis. There were many farms which were unused and lying idle. Bushes had grown on the land. We cut the bushes , surfaced the land , put fertilizers, water the land and grew crop. They are happy and words of mouth are spreading across the the village. People are rushing to partner with us.

There was one guy to whom we had offered partnership. He is uncle of my boy working for me. He denied and decided to go on his own. His crop failed. Now he has revert back and asked my boy to do partnership from next season. There are some people who are saying that they offer me their farm till I am there. They said " sir till you are here, we are willing to do farming with only you and nobody else".

They generally do not offer their land to any outsider but mine is a different case. I had a dream of doing farming in big land but now it is too big that I am unable to handle it. In one stretch, i am going to get about 10 to 12 lakh Sq ft of land in Village Jankhariya. I have many farms in village Mota chadva. I have my own land in Village Nana Chadva. I have a very big farm in village Kathola. Many more are on offer in different places.

Now I am considering what to do in those farms in summer. Some Bajari and Mung can happen. Grass for cattle can also be grown. Even growing grass is a viable and good option. I already did one bore well and considering for an another one. I am building huge tanks for bio fertilizer so that I may not have to depend on chemical fertilizers. That will save my cost, that will save my water and improve the quality and quantity of my food grain.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I have almost 12 acre of land for agricultural. In Narmada valley of MP. Very fertile soil .

Can you suggest how much income I can make out of it with minimal effort?
Hi Friend,

Have a look at the bellow case study of a farm of exactly of your farm size. They turned it into a fruit forest. You can replicate the model. If you want to spend more, a week end destination with a great beauty can be built with permaculture /Miyawaki foresting method. Just make it for once and get benefited for ever.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
The best way to uplift farmers is to teach them how to grow the crops cost effectively. my learning boys used 125 kg wheat as the seeds in in almost one and half acre of land. where some other smart farmers does this with only 3 kg of wheats. Image the mind boggling difference between the cost of seeds. same way you can use bio fertilizer mixed with waste decomposer to get almost free fertilizer and result of which will be way better than the the production by using the chemical fertilizers in terms of quality and quantity. I am planning build infrastructure at multiple places to grow organic crop to reduce cost. My cost of fertilizer will almost be zero becasue of using biofertilizer. This will save a lots of Water too. As the land will become highly perforated and all the water which flows through that soil will be observe into IT and stored as the the moisture. As a result, very little water compared to chemical fertilizers will be required.

so I am learning now and try to to minimise the cost with best output in terms of production as well as the quality. I am planning to buy some harvesting equipment as well. Probably by the end of this April some atleast 10 lakh square feet of land will be added to my portfolio for farming. This will require big working capital as well. probably I will be able to manage everything and put my blocks in place for the farming of my dream.

Muy stable will also be in good shape as within next 6 months I will have plenty of quality green fodder to feed my cattle as the green fodder will be ready by that time. super Napier will provide very Good quantity and quality of grass while the alfalfa will provide highly nutritious grass for the cattle I am not using all those useless cattle feed which is is made of wastage of different industries. I use only coconut cake groundnut cake and use this cake for feeding my cattle so the quality of milk is superb. My cattle eat these sort of food which is not available to you even many human beings. it is a very e good beginning and I hope to Carry it forward and make my agriculture model viable sustainable and profitable. I hope that everything shall be put in place and work fine within a year.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Once my grass is ready, I will start buying new cattle which includes Top class jafarabadi buffaloes and Gir cows or kankareji cows. This dairy guys does cheating with the farmers, I will probably try to sell milk directly to end users or will produce some value added Milk products such as ghee or milk cake to improve my margin. A griculture is such a field where lots of efforts are required and there are lots of uncertainties and comparable return is very low. it is such a challenging task to make agriculture viable and profitable. This is the reason why many farmers with huge peaches of land prefer to do a small job rather than doing farming. I have taken this challenging task on my hand and I hope that I will be able to make it successful by bringing in innovations and best practices of the sector. This goes true with tree plantation as well. I hope to plant 2000 Timber trees and fruit tree and hope that its quality will be best available anywhere.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Once my grass is ready, I will start buying new cattle which includes Top class jafarabadi buffaloes and Gir cows or kankareji cows. This dairy guys does cheating with the farmers, I will probably try to sell milk directly to end users or will produce some value added Milk products such as ghee or milk cake to improve my margin. A griculture is such a field where lots of efforts are required and there are lots of uncertainties and comparable return is very low. it is such a challenging task to make agriculture viable and profitable. This is the reason why many farmers with huge peaches of land prefer to do a small job rather than doing farming. I have taken this challenging task on my hand and I hope that I will be able to make it successful by bringing in innovations and best practices of the sector. This goes true with tree plantation as well. I hope to plant 2000 Timber trees and fruit tree and hope that its quality will be best available anywhere.
If you are going to breed cattle you should look into panir manufacturing which doesn't require much and is very profitable. You could also go for tomato sauce making for which you could procure tomato from nearby farms as well as your own. Similarly potato chips are very lucrative. You could hire women to make them . You will only have to manage procurement of potatoes and selling to local stores .

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
If you are going to breed cattle you should look into panir manufacturing which doesn't require much and is very profitable. You could also go for tomato sauce making for which you could procure tomato from nearby farms as well as your own. Similarly potato chips are very lucrative. You could hire women to make them . You will only have to manage procurement of potatoes and selling to local stores .
Yes, they are good suggestions. Worth considering. Thanks for your suggestions.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
This is the time to move from traditional farming to ttree plantation Timber tree plantation and bamboo plantation to make farmers reach and prosperous. Most of the people don't know the potential of bamboo plantation. Bamboo literally has a a potential to transform the economy of our country as well as the world . It has a tremendous potential to control pollution by absorbing pollutant gases. It can be used to make eco friendly houses, it can be used as a substitute of coal in coal power plants, lots of methanol can be made out of the bamboo which can run our vehicles and virtually be used as the substitute of crude oil. Bamboo can be used in each and everything. Our government has a bamboo Mission too but like many other government schemes, most of the people don't know about bamboo mission. People need to be educated and 1 model farm should be made each village to make farmers aware about bamboo plantation. Like many people earn their livelihood by animal husbandry and farming, bamboo plantation too has a great potential to transform the economy of the country. Very high quality cloths can be made out of bamboos. We have a great plantation of bamboo in north east. It yields about 40 tons per acre per year. It can generate great revenue and make farmers prosperous. The government should conduct awareness and training of bamboo plantation in each and every villages , particularly where the climate conditions and soils are suitable for bamboo plantation . I have said this again and again that farmers need more education then free water, free electricity and tree fertilizer . Today there are models where farmer earns 500000 rupees or more from per acre of land . This need to be replicated on large scale and government should try to make India organic food hub.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I am using my organic rice for consumption now. I generally did not like rice but my my organic rice has addicted me with rice eating. It test sweet with a gentle fragrance of basmati rice. I am planning to grow black rice this season.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Big plots VS Small plots

Which are better?
Big plt will better return is a general understanding. However, if you talk about yield, it is better to focus on small plots. Today, farmers earn Rs 5 lakh from per acre of land provided they focus on it and do organic farming made popular by subhash paleksr and some other people. 2 acre land is sufficient to earn Rs 10 lakh.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
I think the best thing we could do is bring together scattered villages and turn them to early towns.

Farmland----------Town------------- manufacturing units

Promote tiny house concepts in rural India and replace mud houses with these affordable house 🤔

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I think the best thing we could do is bring together scattered villages and turn them to early towns.

Farmland----------Town------------- manufacturing units

Promote tiny house concepts in rural India and replace mud houses with these affordable house 🤔
Please elaborate.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
Please elaborate.
First bring together scattered villages of small population together and turn them into economic center like Towns with a population of over 100k.

Village A B C should be clubbed together in a new Town A. One section of town for residential area centered around an administrative area.

Think of it like concentric circles.
Kind of like this with some changes.
Burgess-model-or-concentric-zone-model-1925-by-Ernest-Burgess.jpg

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
First bring together scattered villages of small population together and turn them into economic center like Towns with a population of over 100k.

Village A B C should be clubbed together in a new Town A. One section of town for residential area centered around an administrative area.

Think of it like concentric circles.
Kind of like this with some changes.
View attachment 46871

Interesting. however, this need to be done at government level. An individual like me is not capable of doing this.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles