Designing of Aircraft and other Aviation related Stuff (Avionics,wings, cockpit etc)-(Military, Civilian etc)

Are you an Aviation lover?

• No I am not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yes I am!

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Hello, I have opened this thread in which we could do Discusssions about Potential models of Aircrafts. We could also discuss about how we can build an Aircraft and we can discuss in details about Design. This thread is Especially for those who are interested in Aircraft designing be it Civilian, Military. You can also discuss about designing of Drones because they are also considered as Aircrafts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We can discuss about many things in this thread. You can also discuss about your own personal Aircraft Design in this Thread. Thank you.
A-rule.jpg
22-Figure1-1.png

Super Flanker

Country flag
You can also discuss about how different Parts of an Aircraft can be built here. Like Canards, Stabilizers, Wings, etc. Basically everything with reference to Aircrafts here and their design.
Airplane-cockpit-with-avionics-systems.jpg
DARE's Sub-Optimal MAWS suite installation on Super Su-30MKI-2.jpg

Thank you.

Angel of War

Country flag
Any suggestions for designing a Cockpit of an Aircraft? like how do you want to do the Setup of the Controls like Joystick? And also various instruments of the Aircraft like Airspeed indicator, Altimeter, Turn and slip indicator etc

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Any suggestions for designing a Cockpit of an Aircraft? like how do you want to do the Setup of the Controls like Joystick? And also various instruments of the Aircraft like Airspeed indicator, Altimeter, Turn and slip indicator etc
Glass cockpit is best, just look it up. Personal opinion- Center stick, left throttle.

Though it seems like just another clutter thread.

VACKO

Country flag
Positiong equipment in cockpit is part technical part subjective. No perfect cockpit Positiong exists.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Designing the Layout of the Cockpit would depend on Whether the Aircraft whose cockpit you are designing is a civilian or Military Aircraft.

If I was to design the layout of joystick in Military Aircrafts like Fighter Aircraft than I would always go for a Side Stick configuration(like you can see in the below picture)
ohfzS.jpg

Also the cockpit should be a full glass Cockpit, and for the display with regards to numerous instruments than I would Try and have one large Digital display which will have lot of the instruments in it.
glass_cockpit.jpg

Hope you understand what I am trying to Say.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Glass cockpit is best, just look it up. Personal opinion- Center stick, left throttle.

Though it seems like just another clutter thread.
I would prefer the Following configuration when designing a Military Aircraft like a Fighter Plane, here is my personal choice for cockpit layout:

1)Control Stick- Side Stick
2)Cockpit- Full glass Cockpit with as much digitalization as possible to make it much more easy to operate comfortably.
3)Throttle- Left throttle.

And Lastly I would want to implement this in a Delta wing design-{and there is a reason for Why I take Delta}-(Examples of Delta Wing are: Mirage-2000, Mirage-5 etc)
QuickOrderlyEskimodog-size_restricted.gif

Dassault-Mirage-2000-5F-‘58-2-EL-1090x500.jpg

Super Flanker

Country flag
Positiong equipment in cockpit is part technical part subjective. No perfect cockpit Positiong exists.
What are you trying to say? I didn't get?

Anyways how would you define a "Perfect Cockpit Configuration"?

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
I would prefer the Following configuration when designing a Military Aircraft like a Fighter Plane, here is my personal choice for cockpit layout:

1)Control Stick- Side Stick
2)Cockpit- Full glass Cockpit with as much digitalization as possible to make it much more easy to operate comfortably.
3)Throttle- Left throttle.

And Lastly I would want to implement this in a Delta wing design-{and there is a reason for Why I take Delta}-(Examples of Delta Wing are: Mirage-2000, Mirage-5 etc)
View attachment 135115
View attachment 135118
Examples could have been more broad, general advice.

EG Rafale, Tejas, etc .

Super Flanker

Country flag
Examples could have been more broad, general advice.

EG Rafale, Tejas, etc .
I tried to be more specific dude. I said a plane delta wing, just the triangle.

Rafale is a Delta Wing but with canards. Yes Tejas is also Delta wing and Rafale is also but i meant to say "Tailess Delta Wing design".
Various-type-of-Delta-Wings.png

Super Flanker

Country flag
Nice article on Flight Control Surfaces here. Very useful for this thread so here is the Article.

Primary Flight Control Surfaces and Dual Purpose Flight Control Surfaces of a Fixed-wing Aircraft.

The directional control of a fixed-wing aircraft takes place around the lateral, longitudinal, and vertical axes by means of flight control surfaces designed to create movement about these axes. These control devices are hinged or movable surfaces through which the attitude of an aircraft is controlled during takeoff, flight, and landing. They are usually divided into two major groups: 1) primary or main flight control surfaces and 2) secondary or auxiliary control surfaces.

Primary Flight Control Surfaces
The primary flight control surfaces on a fixed-wing aircraft include: ailerons, elevators, and the rudder. The ailerons are attached to the trailing edge of both wings and when moved, rotate the aircraft around the longitudinal axis. The elevator is attached to the trailing edge of the horizontal stabilizer. When it is moved, it alters aircraft pitch, which is the attitude about the horizontal or lateral axis. The rudder is hinged to the trailing edge of the vertical stabilizer. When the rudder changes position, the aircraft rotates about the vertical axis (yaw). Figure 1 shows the primary flight controls of a light aircraft and the movement they create relative to the three axes of flight.
Flight control surfaces move the aircraft around the.jpg

Figure 1. Flight control surfaces move the aircraft around the three axes of flight

Primary control surfaces are usually similar in construction to one another and vary only in size, shape, and methods of attachment. On aluminum light aircraft, their structure is often similar to an all-metal wing. This is appropriate because the primary control surfaces are simply smaller aerodynamic devices.

They are typically made from an aluminum alloy structure built around a single spar member or torque tube to which ribs are fitted and a skin is attached. The lightweight ribs are, in many cases, stamped out from flat aluminum sheet stock. Holes in the ribs lighten the assembly. An aluminum skin is attached with rivets. Figure 2 illustrates this type of structure, which can be found on the primary control surfaces of light aircraft as well as on medium and heavy aircraft.

Continue reading this very informative article here:

Bhartiya Sainik

Country flag
Future system will offload certain features from H/w to S/w. Analog instrumentation has already vanished in full glass cockpit, HUD is replaced by HMDS, voice commands have been implemented, HOTAS buttons will be reduced.
Even beyond F-35's glass cockpit with big customizable touch-screen & HMDS, the Virtual cockpit with voice commands, gesture control, eye-tracker, neural-link, AI/ML, is the future like being developed for Tempest.

1990s TV documentaries also showed R&D on eye tracker, neural-link, voice commands, etc.

1643701990212.png

1643702039230.png

1643702072158.png

1643702104668.png

1643703455523.png

It has been 25+ years post this TV documentary, the next gen jet is going to be like VR/AR videogame.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles