Design and Made In India 155mm mounted Gun System.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION FOR SUPPLYOF 6X6 OR 8X8 TRUCKS SUITABLY MODIFIED FOR MOUNTING 155 mm GUN SYSTEM

2. OBJECTIVE : Ordnance Factory Board (OFB), Ministry of Defence, Indian Ordnance Factories, Kolkata has decided to develop 155 mm Mounted Gun System. Viewing the modern warfare strategy, the vehicle mounted 155 mm weapon system has become an essential need globally. At present the OFB (GCF) and sister factories have initiated productionisation of 155 mm FH Gun Systems, which can be utilized for proposed gun system.

3. SCOPE OF WORK:

(i) Development / Manufacture of 155 mm Weapon System -by OFB Page 2 of 3

(ii)Development and supply of Vehicle-system (6x6 or 8x8 powered) &making it compatible for integration of 155 mm Weapon System -by proposed vendor.

(iii)Interfacing / integration of Weapon System with Vehicle System -jointly by OFB & Vendor.

(iv) Commissioning and Trials -jointly by OFB & Vendor.

Source : http://tenders.gov.in/viewtenddoc.asp?tid=mp524217&wno=1&td=TD

==================
==================

Now question is what kind of caliber they are talking about, Is it 52 or 45cal ?
And why no media publish this before as it since from 2012 ?

sasi

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION FOR SUPPLYOF 6X6 OR 8X8 TRUCKS SUITABLY MODIFIED FOR MOUNTING 155 mm GUN SYSTEM

2. OBJECTIVE : Ordnance Factory Board (OFB), Ministry of Defence, Indian Ordnance Factories, Kolkata has decided to develop 155 mm Mounted Gun System. Viewing the modern warfare strategy, the vehicle mounted 155 mm weapon system has become an essential need globally. At present the OFB (GCF) and sister factories have initiated productionisation of 155 mm FH Gun Systems, which can be utilized for proposed gun system.

3. SCOPE OF WORK:

(i) Development / Manufacture of 155 mm Weapon System -by OFB Page 2 of 3

(ii)Development and supply of Vehicle-system (6x6 or 8x8 powered) &making it compatible for integration of 155 mm Weapon System -by proposed vendor.

(iii)Interfacing / integration of Weapon System with Vehicle System -jointly by OFB & Vendor.

(iv) Commissioning and Trials -jointly by OFB & Vendor.

Source : http://tenders.gov.in/viewtenddoc.asp?tid=mp524217&wno=1&td=TD

==================
==================

Now question is what kind of caliber they are talking about, Is it 52 or 45cal ?
I think it's for both 39/45 cal. Not for 55 cal for sure.
And why no media publish this before as it since from 2012 ?
I think ofb didn't bribe them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles