Delhi Metro gets Chinese-made rail cars

rockdog

Country flag
Delhi Metro gets Chinese-made rail cars - Times Of India

BEIJING: A Chinese train manufacturing firm today said it has sold 21 rail compartments to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).

CSR Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive, a subsidiary of major Chinese train manufacturer CSR Corporation, has supplied 21 cars to Delhi's metro rail system, the company said.

The sale marked the company's second order from India as it had exported 15 metro cars to the Delhi Metro in 2010, state-run Xinhua news agency reported on Saturday.

The locomotive company said the trains would be more energy-efficient and be an industry model in India, which is affected by power shortages.

CSR is the world's largest manufacturer of electric locomotives and is China's leading bullet-train maker.

----------------------------------------------

Like it or not, more and more Chinese industry products are coming to India market. From mobile base station, to power plant engine, now it's rail system. If we look at the trading data between China vs India, 80% of China's export share to India is high value added products, and most of India's export to China are raw materials, and low-end products...

nimo_cn

Country flag
they must scratch the made in China mark before putting the locomotives into service.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

jmj_overlord

The locomotive company said the trains would be more energy-efficient and be an industry model in India, which is affected by power shortages.
what is meant by "be an industry model in india, affected by power shortages " ? anyone ?

rockdog

Country flag
what is meant by "be an industry model in india, affected by power shortages " ? anyone ?
There must be some special design for India's fragile power grid system, to make sure the rail cars can work smoothly.

I last 10 years, the city if lived in Wuhan, a 2nd tier city, i just experienced 1 power-cut, but i heard that even by 2013 there are two fatal power failure in national wide of India.

bose

Country flag
they must scratch the made in China mark before putting the locomotives into service.

Better to call it "assembled in China"...

bose

Country flag
of course, as long as it comforts you.

I want to see these rail coaches from China myself when I get an oppertunity to visit New Delhi... I have seen rail coaches in London, Los Angeles, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and in my city Kolkata where Rail Coaches are "Made in India"... I would say Indian Coaches are as good as any one in the world...

kseeker

Retired
----------------------------------------------

Like it or not, more and more Chinese industry products are coming to India market. From mobile base station, to power plant engine, now it's rail system. If we look at the trading data between China vs India, 80% of China's export share to India is high value added products,
Good to hear that. What if India stops buying those high end products ? Have you thought about that ? What happens to your those particular 80% products ?

and most of India's export to China are raw materials, and low-end products...
You seem to emphasize on this part just to show that, you are superior !

Well, if Indian products are all low end, why you even buy them in the first place ?

bose

Country flag
Good to hear that. What if India stops buying those high end products ? Have you thought about that ? What happens to your those particular 80% products ?

You seem to emphasize on this part just to show that, you are superior !

Well, if Indian products are all low end, why you even buy them in the first place ?
This guy called ****DOG is a low life Chinese troll earning 50 cents for putting trash here in the forum....

These so called **** Chinese thinks that they are technically equivalent to Western Europe, Japan and US just by making cheap copies & stealing from others... These Chinese still suffer from the after effects from Japanese *** pounding they got some 70 odd years ago.

On Topic: I am sure the life cycle cost of the Chinese coaches will be more than the Indian ones, I have seen the Indian coaches in Kolkata Metro running for 30 years now"¦ they are as good as anywhere in the world"¦

Last edited:

happy

I have already posted in another thread and I repeat it once again here.....most Chinese are just bonded laborers being exploited by CCP which itself is using plagiarised technology to further its commy ideals. I have seen Delhi metro and it was love at first sight......a truly world class establishment. I dont understand why we need chini manufactured coaches. I believe the Times article should be authenticated first. Surprising that no DMRC official corroborated that claim.

Tolaha

We are not getting Metro coaches from China: DMRC - The Times of India

Delhi Metro Rail Corporation on Tuesday denied reports of receiving 21 metro coaches from a Chinese manufacturer.

"We would like to clarify that the DMRC has neither placed any order nor received any Metro coach from the Chinese train manufacturer, CSR Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive, as claimed by the reports published in some media," said Anuj Dayal, executive director (corporate communications), DMRC.

CSR Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive, a subsidiary of major Chinese train manufacturer CSR Corporation, had claimed it supplied 21 cars to Delhi's metro rail system.

Earlier, the Chinese state media had reported that the company recieved its second order from India as it had exported 15 metro cars to the Delhi Metro in 2010.

The locomotive company had claimed the trains would be more energy-efficient and an industry model in India which is hit by power shortages.

CSR is the world's largest manufacturer of electric locomotives and is China's leading bullet-train maker.
:rolleyes:

@happy: Congratulations, your prophecy turns out to be correct! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
But what about the air freshener?

They must be Chinese.

Cheap stuff is necessary to make the Metro economically viable!

The Chinese wanted to export their HSD, I believe.

India has rejected the same and instead is contracting the Japanese since their HSD is time tested.

A Chinese train manufacturing firm today said it has sold 21 rail compartments to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
The Chinese are great at falsifying everything from history to a safety pin!

This is such a proof!

Last edited:

rockdog

Country flag
Some comments from the article, and Chinese translation
We are not getting Metro coaches from China: DMRC - The Times of India

-------------
Purushottam Dayama (Mumbai)
Eversince Sreedharan has left DMRC it is getting into deeper soup everyday. Now what is the shame if DMRC has received coaches from China? The Jaipur Metro is also getting coaches from China and DMRC is in-charge of Jaipur Metro. Mumbai Metro has also got coaches from China too. The need of the hour is to run extra trips of Metro id rakes are available.

自从Sreedharan离开德里地铁公司后,后者就日益陷入困境。德里地铁从中国购买地铁车辆有啥可耻的?斋普尔地铁也从中国购买车辆,而控制斋普尔地铁的正是德里地铁,孟买地铁也从中国买了。当务之急是让德里地铁充分运转起来。

------------------

Anig Indian (Hyderabad)
CRS is a huge company and it is unlikely that they will issue false statements. DMRC never said whether they procured coaches from China or not, they very cleverly stated that they didn't procure metro coached from CSR Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive ONLY. CRS may have sold it through some other subsidiary of theirs.

南车集团是大公司,不大可能会发布假声明。德里地铁从未说他们是否从中国采购地铁车辆,而是非常巧妙地指出他们并未从南车株洲电力机车采购。南车集团也许是通过其他子公司来出售的。

---------------------------------------

Yash Sheth (Unknown)
NOTE :- DMRC says it is not getting coaches from China. But that does not say (or does say) that they have not given the order to the chinese company. It could be that, the chinese company might have received the order, but they may be manufacturing the coaches in some other country like Malaysia or Singapore. Hence, speaking tactically, "The coaches are not being brought from China, but from somewhere else..........but by a chineses firm".

注意:德里地铁说并未接收来自中国的车辆,但没有说(或者已经说)他们未向中国公司下单。也许情况是这样的,中国公司可能已经接到订单,但他们也许把生产放在马来西亚、新加坡等其他国家。因此,从战术上来说,"这些车辆并非采购自中国,而是来自其他地方......但是由中国公司生产。"
------------------------------------------

Rajesh Kumar (Bangalore)
Yeah and Kill the Indian companies like BEML. Cant blame Delhi Metro if they did this as they will have go by competitive bidding and most certainly Chinese will be cheaper than our home grown BEML. What ails our country. Why cant we be competitive . Why cant we get even domestic orders leave alone export orders.

把贝姆勒(BEML)等印度公司扼杀掉,如果从中国购买了地铁车辆,那也不能怪德里地铁,因为他们必须经过投标,中国车辆肯定比印度国产的更便宜。是什么在困扰着我们国家,为什么我们竞争力不足。为什么我们连国内的订单都拿不到,更别提出口订单了。

--------------------------------------------

Surjit Lamba (New Delhi)
The fact remains that our great country is not capable of manufacturing these coaches. We claim to have best of engineering talent but still we can not manufacture metro coaches and power equipments for power plants. We are proud Indians and proud to provide business and employment abroad. Hum bhukey rahe kar Dosro ka pet bhartey hain sorry hum apni janta ko bhuka rakh kar apni tijori bhartey hain.

不变的事实是,我们伟大的祖国仍不具备制造地铁车辆的能力。我们声称拥有最优秀的工程人才,却造不出地铁车辆和发电厂的发电设备。我们是自豪的印度人,自豪地把生意和就业拱手让给外国。

---------------------------------------

happy

TOI is already notorious for toeing govt line not it seems it is implementing the govt foreign policy also. :facepalm:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The only coaches of China that are worth note are the Sport Coaches!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There must be some special design for India's fragile power grid system, to make sure the rail cars can work smoothly.

I last 10 years, the city if lived in Wuhan, a 2nd tier city, i just experienced 1 power-cut, but i heard that even by 2013 there are two fatal power failure in national wide of India.
You heard?

Good to know that you have commendable ear hygiene.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles