Delhi has loads of old and beatiful monuments

Blackwater

Unfortunately despite funding, these old and beautiful things are not maintained either by delhi walas and sarkari babus

sob

Mod
Country flag
Delhi has ancient structures to rival any other city in the world, but unfortunately it has never been a priority for the Government and nor for the people of Delhi ( myself included)

I just came to know a cople of years back, there is an almost rundown ruin in Shalimar Bagh where Aurangzeb was supposed to have been crowned as the Emperor of India. This historic place is desolate and overrun with weeds and vagrants.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I just came to know a cople of years back, there is an almost rundown ruin in Shalimar Bagh where Aurangzeb was supposed to have been crowned as the Emperor of India. This historic place is desolate and overrun with weeds and vagrants.
Where in Shalimar Bagh?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
:dude: In Delhi, near NSP .. just checked :hehe:
Dude where in Shalimar Bagh, as in what block. I know where Shalimar Bagh is, never heard of Aurangzeb monument there.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
William Dalrymple's "City of Djinns" is a great book for getting acquainted with Quintessential Delhi,

Not just another travel book , He mentions a great few spots which are essentially what should be called the soul of Ancient Delhi

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Delhi or New Delhi ? :notsure:
New Delhi (Lok Sabha constituency)
Following the delimitation of the parliamentary constituencies, since 2008, it comprises the following Delhi Vidhan Sabha segments:

1.Karol Bagh
2.Patel Nagar
3.Moti Nagar
4.Delhi Cantt
5.Rajinder Nagar
6.New Delhi
7.Kasturba Nagar
8.Malviya Nagar
9.R. K. Puram
10.Greater Kailash

^ onlee :dude:

Dude where in Shalimar Bagh, as in what block. I know where Shalimar Bagh is, never heard of Aurangzeb monument there.
:okay:

Last edited:

sob

Mod
Country flag
It is very close to Haiderpur. If you are coming from the GTK By pass turn left into Shalimar Village and you will find it there.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles