Delhi Airport Metro to be suspended

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Airport Metro operations will be suspended indefinitely from Sunday for the inspection and repair of "serious" construction flaws found by Reliance Infrastructure, which operates the high-speed line.

Officials at Delhi Airport Metro Express Pvt Ltd (DAMEPL), a subsidiary of Reliance Infrastructure, did not, however, specify the time it will take to rectify the faults.

The 22.7-km line is the only corridor run on a public-private partnership by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), which built it.

The line connects New Delhi Railway Station with IGI airport's Terminal 3 and Dwarka Sector 21, and has a daily ridership of about 20,000.
Airport Exp wooed disaster, suspended - Hindustan Times

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
It had been running slow for a while, hope it will be repaired soon.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Due to structural defects and will be opened by 3rd or 4th week of August ... :)

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
not a wonder . . .

i boarded this train the day it was inaugurated . . .
at first sight . . .i was dumbounded . . .thinking this sh*it is cooool . . .
but on closer inspection it was easy to see how callous and slapdash the whole work was. . .

a year later . . . i was appalled . . .by how quickly everything had deteriorated . . .
The whole job was done lackadaisically in the name of hasting up for CWG . . .
it had no real qualitative value at all....

The line hardly sees 10% the traffic of Delhi city Metro yet looks 10 times older

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Reliance Infra - huh! :mad:

On seeing the headline I thought it was being suspended for lack of traffic of something - that would have been tragic - it is a beautiful piece of infra.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Reliance Infra - huh! :mad:

On seeing the headline I thought it was being suspended for lack of traffic of something - that would have been tragic - it is a beautiful piece of infra.
yeah . . . and to think i own shares of their MF . . .

what was i thinking :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

the airport metro's seriously f**ked up !!
If Ever any foreign businessman or investor was ever to take this train. . .

I am sure he'll take the first flight out

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
yeah . . . and to think i own shares of their MF . . .

what was i thinking :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

the airport metro's seriously f**ked up !!
If Ever any foreign businessman or investor was ever to take this train. . .

I am sure he'll take the first flight out
Actually, tbh I found it quite cool when I traveled on it. I didn't realize it was that fcuked up. I thought it looked much better than the normal metro.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
It is seriously one of the best metro line in the world.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
it was build by reliance, so what do you expect................................:tsk:

Well we had good luck that no major accident has happen on this line. BTW same reliance is into defence business.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Reliance is a typical lala company. I don't trust them one bit. Reliance needs to be boycotted till they understand the meaning of quality, and not just in Infra business.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Actually, tbh I found it quite cool when I traveled on it. I didn't realize it was that fcuked up. I thought it looked much better than the normal metro.
Just looked funky dory in the beginning . . . was built like a movie set . . .

Read Post #4
Even i was impressed when i first saw it

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
I traveled last month
I dont know what to say . . .

For me having seen it the first day . . .
and . . then having to watch it a month ago . . . was heart breaking

The Fixtures were coming off . . . Benches uprooted . . Paint scrapping off . . .
I cant understand how you would still consider it best in the world . . .

The Speed of deterioration is alarming to say the least

Last edited:

panduranghari

As usual we Indians LOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE to trump how we are going to be a super power etc. Of course this BS comes right from the top. So no point blaming the sheeple for feeling the same. Chinese posters on this forum keep posting about beautiful roads and development and we heckle them. Wouldn't we take that over this? We are in general the shittiest in executing the program because we have started copying the west. 1982 Asian Games were highly applauded as we did everything without external support and we did it to our standards- which were still on par with most of Asia. We are still stuck in time warp. I wonder where the vision was lost?

Zebra

Country flag
The post #1 article says.......The 22.7-km line is the only corridor run on a public-private partnership by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), which built it.
Airport Exp wooed disaster, suspended - Hindustan Times

DAMEPL is a operator that is true but who build it- DMRC or DAMEPL?

I am not sure yet.

Last edited:

Zebra

Country flag
Reliance Infrastructure Limited led consortium has been selected through the process of international competitive bidding to undertake the implementation of this prestigious project. The Concessionaire is executing the entire project except the civil works
for viaduct, tunnel and stations, which has been done by DMRC.

Reliance Metro

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
The name of Reliance keeps coming up with reference to quality of workmanship. So the question arises why the Government official do not impose penalties in such a case. Don't they have a clause in the contract stipulating the financial penalties? If we have to move forward to and realise the dream of millions of our citizens who dream of having world class infrastructure in India than hard decisions will have to be made and executed.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles