Deleted posts "Reason: Stick to the topic and post references for EVERY claim"

Status
Not open for further replies.

apple

Had 6 mails deleted this morning. A personal record :clap2:

The new forum interface doesn't indicate which mod deleted my mails but I can hazard a guess...

I wasn't surprised that some of the mails were deleted as they mentioned the forum's most incompetent moderator by name, which is presumably against forum rules.

Sorry about that, I wont mention that pathetic oxygen thief's user name again.

The reason for deletion given for several of the mails was that I don't like DFI, which was quite strange as those mails explained what I like about DFI. Those mails also mentioned the mod who shan't be named in a non favourable light, which (in my opinion) was the real reason they were deleted, which is fine (apart from him lying about his reason to try and save his pride). Mails, getting deleted at a moderators discretion is understandable.

The reason "learn English" was pretty funny. My mails yesterday which weren't deleted contained grammatical errors, but didn't mention that mod. But a mail which highlighted that particularly mod's lack of knowledge and his factually wrong post gets deleted for "poor" English...

But the reason "post references" confused me. Is that some rule now?

Presumably that will be applied to all posts for here on...

Don't even know what that mod found upsetting and what I'm meant to be referencing. One of those mails referred to the forum's russophiles lack of knowledge of Russia and the Soviet Union and the forum's leftists lack of knowledge of Marxism, which could have been construed as a criticism of the forum. If that was what I am meant to be referencing, how am I meant to do that? The rest of the posts were just correcting some technical details made in an incorrect statement by a poster, with whom I engaged in a reasoned and respectful discussion.

Think I'd be the forum's most senior non Indian (ex-)military/ defence professional still posting and can remember when the forum was full of knowledgeable posters, both Indian and others. The actions of a single moderator, with a penchant for deleting all mails which don't agree with his (incorrect) image of a non Indian nation/ political system has alienated all those non Indian ex members and, in my opinion, has also resulted in those Indians, who used to make excellent contributions to the forum, no longer bothering to post/ leave the forum.

Can't imagine I'm alone in noticing the decline in the level of discussion, and knowledge, present on the forum.

Below I have pasted my inbox from this morning.
  1. Chit Chat Thread was deleted. Reason: If you don't like DFI, you can forget off[/paste:font]
    6:25 AM
  2. Chit Chat Thread was deleted. Reason: If you don't like DFI, you can forget off[/paste:font]
    6:25 AM
  3. Finland - Society and Economy was deleted. Reason: If you don't like DFI, you can forget off[/paste:font]
    6:24 AM
  4. MiG-31 Foxhound was deleted. Reason: Stick to the topic and post references for EVERY claim[/paste:font]
    6:19 AM
  5. MiG-31 Foxhound was deleted. Reason: Stick to the topic and post references for EVERY claim[/paste:font]
    6:19 AM
  6. Sniper rifles was deleted. Reason: Learn English before participating in discussions[/paste:font]
    6:14 AM
@[B][SIZE=4][URL='http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/members/kunal-biswas.4163/']Kunal Biswas[/URL][/SIZE][/B]@[B][SIZE=4][B][URL='http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/members/lurkerbaba.4607/']LurkerBaba[/URL][/B][/SIZE][/B] @
[B][B][SIZE=4][B][URL='http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/members/singh.52/']Sing[/URL]h[/B][/SIZE][/B][/B]
@
[B][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][B][SIZE=4][B][URL='http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/members/thakur_ritesh.41/']thakur_ritesh[/URL][/B][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]
@
[B][SIZE=4][B][SIZE=4][B][SIZE=4][B][URL='http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/members/yusuf.179/']Yusuf[/URL][/B][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/B]
@
[B][SIZE=4][B][SIZE=4][B][SIZE=4][B][SIZE=4][B][URL='http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/members/sayareakd.23/']sayareakd[/URL][/B][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/B]
@
[SIZE=4][B][SIZE=4][B][SIZE=4][B][SIZE=4][B][URL='http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/members/bangalorean.7197/']Bangalorean[/URL][/B][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE]
@
[B][B][SIZE=4][B][SIZE=4][B][SIZE=4][B][SIZE=4][B][URL='http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/members/lethalforce.10/']LETHALFORCE[/URL] [/B][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/B][/B]

@tarunraju

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Mods are lazy in the forum :yawn:

They do not respond that quickly.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
just a phase ...

more productive threads must be introduced, related to weapon tech and other future weaponry.

Claims must have a reference though.

apple

Mods are lazy in the forum :yawn:

They do not respond that quickly.
Watch out, Srinivas. You'll get your mail deleted ;-)

more productive threads must be introduced, related to weapon tech and other future weaponry.

Claims must have a reference though.
If it was just a phase I wouldn't be drawing attention to the moderator's actions. I've been a member since 2011 and back then there were a huge amount of foreign posters with a great deal of expertise here, the Indian posters also made extremely good points and the standard of discussion of excellent.

All those foreign posters are gone now, due to a single mod's petty, vindictive compulsion to delete all mails he disagrees with.

He's been at his deleting, in bulk, for a couple of years now.

The strangest part is it isn't even criticism of India that he finds so offensive. Rather, it's criticism of the Soviet Union/ Russia/ Marxism, which is particularly ironic as be barely understands any of those topics.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
I think Indians here must tone down their abusive language when addressing foreigners !

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Watch out, Srinivas. You'll get your mail deleted ;-)

If it was just a phase I wouldn't be drawing attention to the moderator's actions. I've been a member since 2011 and back then there were a huge amount of foreign posters with a great deal of expertise here, the Indian posters also made extremely good points and the standard of discussion of excellent.

All those foreign posters are gone now, due to a single mod's petty, vindictive compulsion to delete all mails he disagrees with.

He's been at his deleting, in bulk, for a couple of years now.

The strangest part is it isn't even criticism of India that he finds so offensive. Rather, it's criticism of the Soviet Union/ Russia/ Marxism, which is particularly ironic as be barely understands any of those topics.

some are hardcore commies, and its very common. But mod's should remain neutral while moderating, of course they can debate, be it on any forum. Any how, other members are trying to build this forum more productive. Trying best to make it more and more professional.

Country flag
Most members do not have an idea how difficult it is to manage a forum that is 24 /7 three hundred sixty five days a year across every time zone. Our forum is the biggest Indian military on the Internet and at one time we were 4 th most active military forum.
We welcome all members from all nations. Unlike many other forums we are not quick to ban. There will always be differences in opinions the way people express them vary. Moderators do their best with the resources they have.

Yumdoot

See this is the difference between an Indian and a foreigner. Most times these guys are just the complaining sort.

2 of the posts deleted in the Mig25 thread had one from me too, but I don't feel it was wrong to delete it. This even when the post which started the whole story about 'stupid English' is still very much there. Now obviously I cannot reply the real reasons. And I don't want to ignore a foreigner who may very well be doing propaganda for the West. So if anything I should have been the one complaining. But I second their decision, instead. I really had added nothing to the thread except pointing out how English is a language imposed by invaders.

But still I don't feel anything about it. The forum got its own rules and let them decide what happens in their territory. The forum is not here to grant people a Right to freedom of speech.

This sort of entitlement syndrome is the reason you westerners keep getting into trouble.

Mods are Gods at least for the forum. Hell I second deletion of this full thread if you may.

apple

I think Indians here must tone down their abusive language when addressing foreigners !
From my perspective, that's not really a problem. But then again, I'm from Australia and we use quite robust language so nothing here, or on internet message boards in general, really offends me.

apple

See this is the difference between an Indian and a foreigner. Most times these guys are just the complaining sort.

2 of the posts deleted in the Mig25 thread had one from me too, but I don't feel it was wrong to delete it. This even when the post which started the whole story about 'stupid English' is still very much there. Now obviously I cannot reply the real reasons. And I don't want to ignore a foreigner who may very well be doing propaganda for the West. So if anything I should have been the one complaining. But I second their decision, instead. I really had added nothing to the thread except pointing out how English is a language imposed by invaders.

But still I don't feel anything about it. The forum got its own rules and let them decide what happens in their territory. The forum is not here to grant people a Right to freedom of speech.

This sort of entitlement syndrome is the reason you westerners keep getting into trouble.

Mods are Gods at least for the forum. Hell I second deletion of this full thread if you may.
Hmm... OK.

Also deleted was me correcting you about what the Mig 31 was intended for and the structure of the Soviet Air Defence Force (not Air Force) which the Mig 31 was exclusive used by further invalidating your claim it being used, and intended, for reconnaissance.

You should be happy when people with more knowledge than you correct things you've written. That should be what you're here for.

You shouldn't be getting all upset and start talking about "invader's language" and "entitlement syndrome".

As for you being happy about my mails being deleted... why? Was it because it removed evidence of your own ignorance? If so, you sound like the moderator who shan't be named

Yumdoot

:devil: See told you.

I proved to you that it was an English mistake that you the headmaster has in his hands but your complaining nature will never let you accept that. And you did accept that you had an english mistake in your hands.

And what you do is your business but its really out of line if you foreigners being influencing our people through mass media and turn them into a fcuking kejri.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Most members do not have an idea how difficult it is to manage a forum that is 24 /7 three hundred sixty five days a year across every time zone. Our forum is the biggest Indian military on the Internet and at one time we were 4 th most active military forum.
We welcome all members from all nations. Unlike many other forums we are not quick to ban. There will always be differences in opinions the way people express them vary. Moderators do their best with the resources they have.
Its laughable that people whine about this forum being illiberal . but this forum is anything BUT illiberal. This forum is the most liberal forum I have seen. Westerners bitching about this forum must look at how their forums treat others.

For example, In any other forum, opening such a threat itself would have been an insta ban.

TroubleMaker

Can someone make this forum more entertaining by adding more emojis and good background.

apple

Foreigners being abused in this forum ?
Have we done that ever ?
I didn't mention any abuse. Doesn't reason bother me (although I can't speak for everyone else) what people write.

Censorship, as opposed to any kind of systemic abuse of non Indians, would be a more accurate description of what I am referring to.

Yumdoot

@apple bhai is perfect person to have started this thread.

Why not have the thread title changed to 'Official Whines Only Thread' or 'Official Kejripanti Thread'. And lets have this as a sticky.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I got banned on ARRSE. They couldn't stand an Indian showing them mirror. No they didn't want Indians on their forum at all.

We have left the forum on kind of auto pilot with the hope that members post responsibly and not require moderation, bans etc.

Yeah we have Pakis coming to troll but then it's something we can ignore.

Most of all please do remember mods here are taking time out to keep the forum operational.

Sabka saath, forum ka vikas!

brational

Country flag
@apple It is really unfortunate that some of your posts got censored, but if I remember correctly, you mentioned someone in your post and termed him as "moron" which is not a way to address a person when he/she does not agree with your PoV or vise versa. Please keep this in mind because we all are here to learn/know/share.
MODs are very much liberal here and I am sure you will also feel the same if you stick to decency.
I love to read your posts and they are quite informative most of the time. Keep it up.

pmaitra

Ah, der immerweinender Nörgler ist nochmals da!

Ok guys, this post is not obligatory, but a courtesy to all members, and most importantly, a courtesy to probity.

@apple has been unique in his conduct right from the outset.

1. He has been found to have a propensity to misquote people. Long time back, pursuant to this habit, he was instructed to quote other members verbatim, instead of leveling accusations against them. Post deletion should be the expected outcome of such behaviour.
  2. He has been found to have a propensity to make incorrect claims, and has been instructed to provide citations to back his claims up. A moderator generally should not decide whether it is correct or not, however, a moderator can require that a member who makes a claim should back his claims up.
  3. Regarding foreign members, all non-potty-mouth foreign members are welcome. Excuses that sound like or similar to “I am from Australia, and therefore, it is okay for me to be a potty-mouth,” are considered grounds lacking merit.
  4. Regarding members apparently departing the forum, yes, there are many who are no longer active, from various sides, both foreign and Indian, and from all types of political and religious positions.
  5. This forum is indeed very liberal. Almost anything is allowed. There are posts that are pro-US, pro-USSR, pro-Nazi, pro-Hindu, pro-Muslim, . . . , with the exception of comments that violate India’s territorial integrity or disparage institutions and figures that represent India. Leniency is not an entitlement.

For the sake of clarity, presented below is an exhibit of what I would term a “compulsive dishonesty syndrome.”

Original content
upload_2015-9-23_22-33-32.png

Respondent’s content deleted with reason “Learn English before participating in discussions”
upload_2015-9-23_22-35-42.png

Manifestation of a certain condition
upload_2015-9-23_22-55-56.png

This individual called @apple is incorrigible, is not doing this the first time, and will probably do this again, will have his posts deleted, and will open another attention seeking thread of victim-hood, like this one.

Now, some of the readers might be wondering why I started with Exhibit C. To find out, click right here.

Thread closed to all except staff members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles