Defining the scope of Hindutva

Nagarjuna

I have been reading the forum for quite some time. The discussions on caste, identity, egalitarianism and forging a new Hindutva. Some of the ideas in this forum are thoroughly original and some outright radical.

So the posters who frequently take part in these discussions, I humbly request you to design a Hindutva manifesto in terms of :

1) Social issues

2) Political Issues

3) Religious issues

4) Humanitarianism

5) A new more organized religious order

6) Open Priesthood

Lets forge a new future in India

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Welcome to the forum.
Title changed as previous was too political

Iamanidiot

Social issues are many but majority of issues commonly faced by all poverty,education,social emancipation we need to focus on all these

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
1. Social issues, involve dismantling caste system systematically. New movements to encourage inter caste marriages and to create public awareness regarding the ills of caste systems. Breaking the caste system in India will sound the death knell to the Missionary designs in India

Improving the educational system, and bringing in a Free market will go a long way in improving the lives of the people and decrease the poverty in India.

2. Political issues need not much change. Its already pluralistic. May be a better/clearer defn of the Political goals of Hindutva is needed. The present Indian cultural Nationalism is not clear enough or objective enough.

3. Religious rites and rituals need to relaxed to become more accomodating. Hinduism should remain the same wrt tolerance of heterogenous ideas. Bringing it under a strict unfied code will be a step back in the progress if you ask me

4. IMHO, there is no need for a unified order. Thats what seperates us from the Abrahamics. A centralised system has more potential to harm us than benefit us

5. Open priest hood is a must. It will embolden the weaker sections in Hinduism and will help in dissolving the caste differences and of course strengthen the unity among the various castes in TN...

ashdoc

Country flag
i dont believe in hindutva . to me its a means of defending against fundamentalist islam .

Iamanidiot

There are stances one must take issues that affect the common man such as farmers,daily labourers,issue regarding their health.We need to define schemes and ways to alleviate their suffering not cow protection or gay mootra

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
There are stances one must take issues that affect the common man such as farmers,daily labourers,issue regarding their health.We need to define schemes and ways to alleviate their suffering not cow protection or gay mootra
That is something entirely different. It will come under economic policies needed.

Anyway, the best intervention for poverty eradication is no intervention at all if you ask me.:hmm:

Allow free market to go in full swing and wee the magic !

Iamanidiot

Economic policies in Hindutva must always be centrist.Now they are millions of people in India who need some sort of help medical,educational and other issues we must help these individuals but how

JBH22

Greatest mission is to remove human worshipping which is one of the agenda of RSS so gurus are gone.

I guess the people who gonna lose if RSS movement gains momentum are Sai Baba type self proclaimed gurus after all their business will be bust :)

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Some semblance of order and a formal structure needs to be introduced. There have been various reform movements throughout Indian history but each movement dies eventually.

A system/institution is needed which keeps churning out "reformers"

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Controlled chaos is the future, order will bring down India faster than chaos ever could.

arkem8

Country flag
Controlled chaos is the future, order will bring down India faster than chaos ever could.
Unfortunately I believe this also, if this was not the case our civilization would have ended up like that of the Persians, Egyptians and Greeks. They were monolithic, culturally opaque and united with an expansionary streak----relative to us.

In our case the complex sub-identities(Eg:punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Assamese) have to be preserved alongside the Shared common denomiator i.e. National Identity.

And yes like someone mentioned before--Indians need to shed their hero worshipping ways quickly--this is a direct fallout of the Caste System.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Hindutva should be like Zionism. More emphasis on socio-politico-cultural facet with the identity linked to the Dharmic heritage rather than on a pure religious basis or as a pure reactionary movement to jihadism and evangelism. Or it should evolve into something like Zionism from the current reactionary movement. For that there ought to be someone like Theodor Herzl. One can only hope.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Unfortunately I believe this also, if this was not the case our civilization would have ended up like that of the Persians, Egyptians and Greeks. They were monolithic, culturally opaque and united with an expansionary streak----relative to us.
I think you meant Persians and Romans ? They emerged even stronger with their new religious identities

(This could derail the thread...)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles